[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots tried to use the internet to learn a new language

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1496939602272.png (678KB, 800x767px) Image search: [Google]
1496939602272.png
678KB, 800x767px
Any robots tried to use the internet to learn a new language with any luck?

I am not talking about the people when pretend to speak Japanese after watching the cartoons, I mean can anyone have a conversation in another language they learnt simply through the internet?

I am really bored and wondering if I should bother. I hear mixed things about this.

>any tips?
>>
i've used a couple sites/apps to learn spanish amigo.
it's definitely an improvement and I can generally read and write spanish (guessing words I don't know) but speaking is completely different.
you're not gonna get fluent from the internet but it's still better than nothing.
eso sentamiento cuando no novia.
>>
>>37770171
Really you should get a book on it and then do 3 hours every day for 3 months and you will be pretty fluent by the end.
>>
>>37770542
Have you tried using websites to talk to natives speakers?

There are tons of resources for this out there, and everyone wants to talk to westerners, especially younger people.
>>
>>37770171
I did learn english by playing games in english because I couldn't stand the french dub and also because I wanted to see better things on the internet bercause most of french content on the internet is absolute garbage.My english is a little rough since it's self taught but all of my english teacher I had said my english was perfect so iut's ok I guess.

Easiest way to learn a new language is to watch youtube videos about things you like in another language. You need to know basic grammar before doing that, and since you already know what the guy is talking about in the video you can start putting the pieces together. The best videos to do that are game videos where there's subtitles of whatever "funny" thing they said, you know the ones.
For example he says something like "Oh what the fuck I pressed the [dodge button]" and you didn't understand dodge button, you know he got hit and he's pissed off about something eh pressed not doing anything so you know he's talking about the dodge button.
>>
You can get bretty good.
I scored 8 out of 9 on IELTS, which is a language test run by British government through a proxy called "British council" and I've never been to an English-speaking country.

Spent a ton of time on it though. Probably the prize is not worth the effort unless the language that you want to learn is English.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.