[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw obsessive compuIsive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0237.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>tfw obsessive compuIsive
>>
Go on meds. It's easier to fix than depression.

What type of OCD specifically? The touching kind or the "throw yourself out of the car urge" kind? I had both.
>>
File: rsz_1465926231839.gif (7KB, 100x90px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1465926231839.gif
7KB, 100x90px
>>37762400
femanon here
>tfw you have a vagina and no one respects you because of it
>>
>>37762444
Torretic OCD. Basically when i touch certain objects I feel physical pain and anxiety until I clean myself.
>>
>>37762558

You need exposure and response therapy. The solution is to touch what activates your anxiety and then not wash your hands. Gradually increase the time you do not wash your hands for. You will desensitise yourself.

Consider getting a dog to help with your anxiety and mood.
>>
>>37762704
>touch what activates your anxiety
That's why I don't go to therapy. There's no way in hell im doing that
>>
>>37762839

You have to, it's the only way (Other than meds). Touch it. Feel it inside yourself. Only when you have done it will you know that it's nothing. You know your fear is irrational, now get rid of it.
>>
>>37762903
Id rather die. Washing my hands and taking showers and using objects to touch stuff is better than sucking it up and touching stuff.
>>
>>37762502
Why should people respect you just because you have a vagina?
>>
>>37762966

If you die you will be unclean. You can never be completely clean. Your hands right now are crawling with bacteria. They are covered in blemishes and imperfections you cannot see. You can't change it, so why be scared? Why care?

It seems to me that the root of your problem may be a fear of losing control, the same as myself. You wash your hands because it gives you a measure of control, of power, and you fear losing that. When your hands hurt, they are telling you that chaos surrounds you. It reality, though, it doesn't. Not washing your hands won't lead to some great catastrophe.
>>
>>37762966
Well then don't complain like a little faggot when there's a sure way to cure yourself.
>>
>>37763089
>It seems to me that the root of your problem may be a fear of losing control, the same as myself. You wash your hands because it gives you a measure of control, of power, and you fear losing that
I've never really thought of it like that. I guess that could be true.
>>
>>37763139

You need to remind yourself that you won't loose control, that you won't freak out if things don't go the way you want them to. Life is unpredictable, nothing will ever go exactly as planned. You need to calm down and take things as they come.
>>
>>37763139

Oh, and one crucial thing. The opposite is always true with OCD, because you wouldn't be afraid otherwise. What does your anxiety make you fear will happen?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.