[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is it like to have a retail job robots? i'm 18 and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1496610039138.png (269KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
1496610039138.png
269KB, 538x538px
what is it like to have a retail job robots?
i'm 18 and my parents are basically forcing me to get one for the summer.
i can't see myself lasting a week since i have awful social anxiety.
>>
it depends. if it's at a grocery store or clothing store I don't think it's too bad. if it's at a busy food place, usually it's shit.
>>
>>37754088
Really shit. That's how all min wage jobs are.
>>
Why the fuck are they "forcing you to get a job" at age 18? What the fuck have you been doing this entire time?
I worked in a manufacturing plant for $8 an hour at age 15.

Have some fucking self respect and start working. I can't even pull the "Christ, kids these days" card because I was born in 1997.

>waaaah, school
I worked 55 hours a week and got a 3.7 GPA, I'm in college for free on academic based scholarships.

Stop being a lazy piece of shit and be thankful your parents don't throw your ass out.
>>
>>37754212
I'm really interested in what you were doing throughout school OP every single day.
>>
>>37754302
Not enjoying his youth or developing social skills. Why do you think he's on 4chan?
>>
Someone where I live was looking for a waiter for his bar. Paying 1100EUR/month for 14 hours a day and I think it was 7 days per week or so.

Should I try? Others applied and refused when they knew the conditions.

Shit's fucked in my country.
>>
>>37754088
If you want to avoid people then the best minimum wage job is going to be either dishwasher or delivery driver
>>
>>37754212
>able to work that many hours and still get school work done

Nope, i dont believe you my man.
Ive been working since i turned 16 and no matter where you work you have to throw yourself into it or risk losing the job.
Now working at a factory to me sounds like you were just stadning on a conveyer line like everyone else doing some basic menial task.
I had to work two jobs in high school to keep my family above the water.
I had no time for school work whatsoever.
Not only did i have to memorize menus and marketing tricks for the sandwhich shop i worked at i also had to study isles and prices while working as a bagboy at a local supermarket.

I think you got lucky with your job, if i had been able to work at a factory full time instead i would have done that.
But i had to drop out to feed my brothers and my lazy mother.
The government constantly pestered me until i was 18 because they didnt me working so much as a minor and tried to get my jobs to fire me but luckily they started paying me cash under the table because they knew my situation.
>>
Work graveyard shift. You being a robot should have no problem with that. There's tons of other retail that just has people dedicated to back warehouse
>>
>>37754212
>>37755527
Fucking normies.
When i was 12 i worked in a coal mine 16 hours a day.
>>
>>37754088
Just work in the back. Be a truck unloader and aisle stocker. Same shit day in day out.
>>
>>37756086
REEEEEEEEEEEEE off my board you fucking normie! When I was 12 I was working in a sulpher mine for 18 hours a day and when I got home my father would beat me with a tire iron.
>>
>>37754088
Ive worked in retail for a few years, its not so bad. Just smile a lot, pretend to care, and do your job and you can basically skate through shifts on autopilot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.