[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E.Y.E thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: _95585853_contactlens.jpg (15KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_95585853_contactlens.jpg
15KB, 624x351px
Going out on a limb and assuming other robots have equally as shit vision as I do, I need glasses all the time.

Gonna try contact lenses though, so I don't get blinded and fucked over when it rains. Any other robots tried contact lenses? Are they shit to put in?

Also general eye/hair/face thread.
>>
>>37752970
If I had contacts I'd actually wear corrective lenses. My autism makes it impossible to wear glasses.
>>
>>37752970
I wear dailies and I love them. They take getting used to but I've been using them for nearly a year and it's much better than glasses. Your optometrist will probably tell you to use the Acuvue Oasys ones (I use these) and you can swim in them.
>>
Refraction errors can be entirely reversed. Read Perfect Sight Without Glasses, by W.H. Bates
>>
I have astigmatism so i bought a bunch of regular contacts cause I ran outta cash so I'm forced to use disposable ones when participating in normie tier activities but I'm fucked when it comes to reading or playing vidya. And holy run-on sentence
>>
I wear contact lenses. I've worn then since I was about eight or so. I don't get why people tend to bitch about them, especially when they whine about putting them in. What are your prescriptions anyway anons?
Right eye: -5.75
Left eye: -5.50
>>
>>37752970
I'm getting lasic in another month. Contacts are annoying to put in and take out. I'd rather see without corrective lenses.
>>
>>37753382
I just got lasik this week, and it's honestly pretty great
>>
I don't know the numbers but my eyes are pretty bad. Have been my whole life. In grade school my family couldn't afford glasses so sometimes another kid would let me borrow his so I could see the black board.

I visit the eye doctor every 6 months now because I have high pressure in my eyes or something like that. So they wanna make sure I don't have glaucoma or something. Maybe they're just trying to suck more money out of me but whatever, it gives me something to talk about.
>>
>>37752970
I wear glasses cause the time i tried contacts i couldnt put them in so i was practicing with my moms and once i got it in i couldnt get it out

Plus i only need glasses for driving technically
>>
>>37753094
Can confirm, far better than wearing glasses.
With the right lenses you won't even know they're there. If you struggle to find comfortable lenses try thinner ones, most I've tried were too thick for me.
>>
>glasses break after a few years
>get new ones
>break em in a month
>not gonna shell out for more because I bought these under the pretense they'd last me years
>just put up with being mostly blind instead of taping them together

Just going through the motions.
>>
>>37752970
>Are they shit to put in?
VERY much so, yes. Especially at the start.
Optometrist nearly gave up on me ever wearing them, my lid closing reflex was crazy at first.
Get disposables at first, maybe consider others if you can hadle those. I just stayed with the disposables. Make extra sure you clean your hands before handling them, or expect feeling like getting punched in the eye

And take a carryable container for them if you even think you might stay somewhere overnight, KHV robot or not. Waking up after sleeping with them in your eyes makes for a special kind of hell.
>>
Question for contact lens wearers:
>Is the daily cleaning thing and maintenance everytime you put them out or in a bothersome task?
>Can you rub your eyes while wearing them?
>What happens if something catches in your eye, like dust, an eyelash or whatever?
>>
>>37754071
>Is the daily cleaning thing and maintenance every time you put them out or in a bothersome task?
No, you just need to put in new solution every time you put away your contacts, and a new case every 3 months or so
Yes, no problem
>What happens if something catches in your eye, like dust, an eyelash or whatever?
Just take it out like usual, your contacts don't really interfere
It's really easy and comfortable to wear contacts as long as you aren't fussy about touching your eyes and you wash your hands every time you deal with them, the only thing is that it can get annoying if it's too dry from wearing it too long so you should get some eye drops if you're wearing them for long periods of time
>>
File: f51.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f51.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
>>37752970
This doesn't look like an EYE thread to me.
>>
>>37754230
Does the dryness matter with how often you blink your eyes? Will it always dry out eventually?
Are the solution and case expensive?
>>
>>37754071
Speaking of only soft daily/disposables here, so ymmv
>Is the daily cleaning thing and maintenance everytime you put them out or in a bothersome task?
I just put them in the storing solution before I sleep and that is it. Permanent ones you probably want to clean which is afaik just the same but in another liquid and rinse them after.
No, and you can really mess up your day with that. Good way to either lose them on the floor or have them roll up in the eyes. Royal pain in the ass, takes a long time to blink/wash it out and could feasibly require a doc visit to do so if you are really unlucky.
That actually happens less than with the naked eye imo, worst case it will get stuck under the lens and you'll have to take the lens out and rinse it.
>>
File: IMG_1226.jpg (57KB, 548x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1226.jpg
57KB, 548x515px
>>37752970
My vision is like one tiny step below 20/20 (forget exactly what the doctor called it) but I still don't need glasses or contacts.
Dodged the bullet guys.
>>
>>37752970

its going to suck at first when you put them in, when i first got them I was at the optometrist for around an hour frustrated as fuck, dont worry you will get there

theres tricks to get them in to, you can sort of look away while you put them in, instead of looking at the contacts straight on(because your brain will want to resist you putting shit in your eye), you will get better tho trust me

benefits: your field of vision isnt restricted like it is with glasses

cons: you can get dry eyes, you need to be sure to take them out and clean them

find a good brand thats comfortable, some brands feel like utter shit, your optometrist will likely try to shill you into buying some contacts from them, dont do it, order them online
>>
>>37754337
>roll up in the eyes
That is my worst fucking nightmare. Oh god jesus.

I won't do disposable lenses. Unless I'm mistaking terms here. I want one set of lenses forever and take them out before sleeping etc. So I could rub my eyes with them according to >>37754230
>>
>>37752970
i loved contact lenses but getting dirt stuck behind them constantly is fucking annoying and painful, i got pissed and just took them out and shredded them in my fingers and swore to never wear them again.
>>
>be told over and over to not make waves
>make waves
>my legs are now broken
>>
>>37754278
Is this worth playing? I've seen it a lot but it seems overwhelmingly complex and hard to get into.
>>
>>37754294
Um...I'm not sure. I've only blinked like usual. But after about 10-12 hours for me the contacts will start to get dry and uncomfortable so you should try to get eye drops and contact lenses that have added moisture if you're gonna be using them all day and are worried about dryness. This is just in my experience. Perhaps it's different for you. The solution brand I use (renu) comes with a case. I think it's about $20? It lasts for a month or two with daily use
>>
>tfw astigmatism
>>
>>37755494
what's your prescription like, anon? I want to compare
>>
>>37752970

I found that contact lenses only work when you are outside.

also, they're quite a problem when dealing with a computer screen.

since I'm at home 99% of the time (and mostly using my computer), I didn't buy them anymore
>>
>>37755898
How are they a problem with a computer screen? Dry eyes I guess? Or glare? Idk, trying them tomorrow since I'm taking a trip into normie land.
>>
>>37755547
ummm, i dont know the american convention but the way my prescription goes is 3.5 myopia and 1.75 astigmatism at +5 degrees
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>37752970
Who /can't see a foot in front of them/ here?
-7.00 left -7.50 right
Also red-green color blind
>>
>>37753048
Corrective lenses are HELL. They're expensive as fuck (exhausted insurance completely after a few years of use), oftentimes painful, and you have to live with the fear of them rolling or getting stuck or lost in your eye (even if it is very unlikely). Switched back to glasses, never regretted it.
>>
>>37756276
Your contact lenses should not hurt
>You have to worry about contacts moving
Even when I run my eyes really hard they barely ever are displaced
>>
>E.Y.E. thread
>Isn't actually an E.Y.E. thread
I bet Jians are behind this.
>>
>>37752970
I have contacts. It's a pain in the ass to lose them and put them in but they're really nice otherwise. Being able to wear sunglasses and 3D glasses, not going blind if you look down/turn too fast, and not having the literal worst way for people to easily fuck with you makes life so much better. Keep your old glasses though so you can use them at home after you take your contacts out. They also slowed down my vision issues immensely which was a relief, at my rate I'd probably have had 1 inch thick lenses at 30.
>>
>>37752970
I wear glasses since I have very poor vision in the left eye which is also lazy Even though I wear them my right eye is still the dominate one I have the same issue with contacts but I prefer them over glasses as that left ole lens is thick as fuck
>>
>>37752970
L: +0.5
R: +0.75

My legs are ok tho.
>>
>>37753413
its just a scam, my optometrist said the same thing
after one 500$ visit the pressure somehow "went down a lot" but was still suspiciously high
dont go ever six months like they tell you, just go every few years
>>
The main concern is taking them out, that just seems like the bullshit part. Having to pinch the lens out of your eye. How am I supposed to do that if I'm drunk?
>>
>>37755898
wtf are you talking about, I wear my lenses all day at work using a PC and got no problems at all.
>>
>>37753411

Nice dubs, Anon, please tell us more.
Was it painful?
>>
>>37758805
Just do it like me: fall asleep drunk, then wake up 5hrs later going OH SHIT I FORGOT TO TAKE THE LENSES OUT, then rush to the bathroom and get them out.
>>
>>37752970

I'm scared of contact lenses.

I'm afraid I'll blind myself or something.
>>
>>37758927

Not him, but they use a scalpel to cut your eye open to let the laser correct your vision.

You see the cut happen but you're numb so shouldn't feel it.

It blinds you when your cut though, hense why you can only do one eye at a time.
>>
>>37758963
It's really not that big of a deal if you go a night without changing them, you can go a few days without taking them out without bad things, just make sure not to do it very often
>>
File: 1495110660704.jpg (27KB, 408x447px) Image search: [Google]
1495110660704.jpg
27KB, 408x447px
I still have problems with recognizing whether the lens is inside out or not.
>>
>>37759061

Thanks, but it's weird. I've an appointment with a surgeon but he told me that he would do both eyes on the same day.
I'll ask him, I don't intend to be blinded for a day or two, it sucks.
>>
>>37759235
I just look at the very edge from the side, if it's inside out it will curl out to near flat
>>
>>37752970

They're hard to put and taking them out at first but you get used to.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.