[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psych ward experiences?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: vq6cGu7.jpg (76KB, 590x396px) Image search: [Google]
vq6cGu7.jpg
76KB, 590x396px
psych ward experiences?
>>
boring as shit

oregano
>>
>adhd is not enough for you to make it to the psych ward

REEEEE IFUCKING HATE MY LIFE
>>
>>37750523
I had to get a mate sectioned once.
It was fucking horrible.
He wasn't fully crazy, just went on a massive drug bender and it fucked with his head for a couple of months... but the people in there were full on LEGIT crazy.
>>
>Tfw my mother wanted to put me on druggie wuggies

I'm your problem and you can't get rid of me
>>
>>37750523
There for 2 weeks after a suicide attempt, the more I wanted to get out the more they thought I needed to stay (I was crying first couple days and they told me that). They put me into a single room (most were shared rooms) and let me keep my phone for some reason as long as no-one else saw it. I basically didn't leave my room the whole time unless I had to see the doctor which was once every couple days, and got my parents to bring food to me from outside.
>>
get sedated because i was delusional. strapped in bed.reach down with my mouth and chew thevelcro get out. another shot. fall asleep singin i wanna be sedated! been 7 times. the hospital will piss you off. spend 5 mins with doc. get prescribed wrong things. its better to find a therapist doctor combo. i know everything bout the ward. feel free to ask
>>
I wish one would take me in. I don't want to deal with normie life.
>>
>>37750523
Had tons of fun there, but it was hard to get in

> nice activities
> group exercises every morning
> reading books
> eventually play tabletop games with other people
> played chess everyday with 70 year old guy and we talked about nature, fishing and history
> qt girls to practice talking with
> free food that was either amazing or tasted like puke
> therapy that included either a massage, sound therapy or aroma therapy
> psych therapy
> watching documentaries about animals
> crafts stuff

I wish I could go back there. I also wish it didn't take me 8 days for the drugs to kick in and make me sociable while I was there. Some of the stuff was very silly and seemed kindergarten tier, but it was still fun. Wasn't able to make any friends after I left, but atleast the time there was fun.
>>
I was in admitted for roughly four years (Didn't spend the entire time at one location though) and I have literally nothing interesting to say about the places. Very boring, but not bad. Almost comfy in a "well beats society" kinda way
>>
Boring as fuck until someone freaks out.
If you freak out they will give you a shot in your ass and put you in a (not even joking) padded room with a mattress.
90% of the staff is awful.
The only reason psych wards exist is to contain people in crisis situations, they don't actually help you. Residentials can give alright treatment but really none of them help.
Plus in USA no internet allowed so its not worth it
>>
>>37750894
What country are you in and how did you get in?
>>
>>37750523
The only bad I had was with a girl.
They always gave her plastic cutlery. But one day someone fucked up and gave her metal ones. She tried to attack her fiancee with it.
I don't remember much, I know he got his hand hurt but nothing more.
Pretty relaxed everything. A few crazy ones here and there, but you wouldn't be able to say most of the time.
>>
>>37750523
I met the most perfect girl in a psych ward and fell in love with her but she later committed suicide and broke my heart. Besides that, it was boring with boring food and grumpy staff and boring patients. Not bad, just boring.
>>
>>37750858
did they do anal stuff with you while you slept?
>>
>>37750523
>put a knife to my arm one night, not even drawing blood
>mother takes me to local hospital
>Baker Acted of my own will
>put in holding cell for 3 hours while paranoid and scared, feeling people can hear my thoughts
>later moved to psych ward
>given shared room with some random bearded guy
>completely silent the entire 4 days.
>one night start having reaction to the antipsychotic I'm being given and ask to be given the "antidote"
>after the bitch of a nurse waits half and hour to requisition the medication, I get an overdose
>start tripping out
>it's a deliriant trip
>see a girl in a blue and white checkered dress skip through the halls
>lay down on my bed
>talk to people who visit me in my room (not real) my mother, my friend, and the notorious "hat man" who was just a dapper gentleman in a tophat and a monocle.
>sleep
>every night consists of me trying to sleep in the confinement bed cell because I can't deal being around people, they can hear me thinking
>avoid eating
>avoid talking to anyone
>constantly jittery and pacing around halls avoiding people

I hate my mother and the incredibly sub-par care they gave there.
>>
I went to a residential facility for bulimia. Our floor was eating disorders, depression, bipolar,anxiety, and drug abuse.

It's like summer camp with drugs. I was pretty much high every other day street and prescription drugs. It's surprisingly easy to get drugs there

I would trade my sleeping pills with my roommate for his adderall. This girl brought edibles once. Supposedly other people were doing harder drugs. I don't know.

There were rumours of people hooking up

Since it's a treatment center, we had multiple group therapies almost everyday. Every time someone new came, they introduced themselves and told us their story about why they were here. It's like getting a new kid at school.

During meal times the eating disorder patients were watched to make sure that we were eating. But if we made progress we got more freedoms.

It's relaxing. Everyone, because of group therapy, knows your secrets, so you form close connections with the other patients. It's actually really nice not to have any secrets. It makes you understand how relationships could be

The biggest takeaways i received were the importance of unconditional love, mindfulness, secrets are bad for relationships, and being me.

I would go again if i could. But it's expensive. I feel good now though. I'm not on any meds.

Individual and group therapy only work if you allow it to. a lot of the therapies might seem like common sense, but actually doing it is a lot different from just knowing it
>>
>>37750935
what country were you admitted in?
>>
Im a psych nurse on an acute ward. ask me anything. Real talk people with personality disorders need to fuck off
>>
>>37751360
why do you hate personality disorder people?
>>
>>37751360
I cannot tell you how many times I've heard staff at hospitals say that
go fuck yourself
>>
>>37750523
Almost everyone was super cool. Hung out with one guy who was a chef and loved golf. There was one chick though. During the day she was calm, but still completely out of it;
I remember her taking about how God gave her a baby. At night she would cry, scream, try to go into other people's rooms, threaten to kill herself. It was a nightmare.
>>
>>37751360
because the longer we keep them the worse they get, and they make it impossible to discharge them
>>37751383
sorry about your terrible life retard
>>
>>37750523

>go to psychward instead of jail for banging an underage girl (had a great lawyer)
>place is like north korea. They have all the patients locked down
>get along with a silent indian inmate.
>take them all fishing

All in all not so bad.
>>
>>37751316
USA

100%originalposthere
>>
>every nurse is qt for some reason
>a single tv
>a few boring books
>people seem nice
>small area to move around in
>utterly boring

thats about it
>>
>>37751360
Why?
I have a personality disorder (specifically BPD) and have stayed at psych wards a few times. The nurses were always super nice to me and I was back.
>>
>>37751371
Because they're high functioning for the most part, they act mostly normal and are able to do regular things. They're either complete assholes, manipulative, or any combination of negative personality traits.
>>
>>37751456
Im always super nice to BPDs too. However the majority of the time people with BPD will do the following:
>self harm when they arent getting enough attention when we are busy
>throw a punch when we dont pay enough attention to them because we are busy
>become involved in some convoluted ward romance which causes insane drama and half the time a restraint at the end of it
>sexual assault allegations against nurses who dont put up with your bullshit

seriously I prefer looking after chronic schizophrenics because at least they are predictable in their crazy
>>
>>37751532
Damn, I guess I'm just not as severe.
I was admitted for a suicide attempt but mainly kept to myself in my room and read books. I do get how that could be annoying to deal with. I mainly only show signs of my BPD to people close to me, I'll manipulate them but not strangers.
>>
>>37751284
>I hate my mother and the incredibly sub-par care they gave there.
Same here! I also did the knife no blood thing
Still want to kill myself, but the only reason I haven't is because I know how much she'll milk it.
>>
>>37750523
Hated it. If you are shy with low self esteem you may as well just end it now before they take you in.
They take away all your belongings and the clothes off your back until you prove to them you're not dangerous. Also no razors. If you're self conscious of your facial or body hair, sucks to be you.
>>
>>37751571
I'll tell you a secret dude. WE know. We know what you are and what you're like. We will however look past this if you don't ruin our day. We have enough to deal with
>>
>>37751463
my life.jpg pussyorginalleeee
>>
>>37751636
Fair enough, I understand that. Most of the nurses let me do my shit (read, use my phone etc) in my room all day so I had no reason to be a bitch I guess.
>>
>>37751702
You're a dude arent you? BPD dudes are actualy rare
>>
Made me lose my virginity so defo worth it tbqh (i shit you not though the only reason i was submitted there by court order in the first place was because i skipped lessons due to ongoing domestic abuse for which the asshole of a social worker assigned to me back then covered heh)
>>
>>37751702
Can you explain the disorder to me? Like why do you feel the need to be a manipulative bastard to those close to you?
>>
>>37751734
Nah.

>>37751744
I honestly don't know how to describe it, in my mind at the time it's justified. It's usually if I'm afraid someone's gonna leave me or the situation will turn out of my control. I'll purposefully start fights with a boyfriend just to get that feeling of reassurance that comes with the making up afterwards. It's pathetic I know, but I truly feel hopeless and consider suicide if I don't get my way. It could even be something as small as someone saying they won't stop somewhere so I can get a drink.
>>
>>37751827
Christ. Is there medication for it?
>>
>>37751919
Medication's been shown not to do anything. It can help if you have co-existing illnesses like depression or anxiety but that's about it. Therapy like DBT is the most popular/successful treatment. I tried it but I also have Asperger's and the remnants of what used to be Agoraphobia so it's a clusterfuck and hard to try and treat me.
>>
File: old_man_in_sorrow_van_gogh.jpg (292KB, 1496x1920px) Image search: [Google]
old_man_in_sorrow_van_gogh.jpg
292KB, 1496x1920px
>>37750523
I went to a juvenile one a couple years back when I was 17. I saw all these poor and stupid people and realized that's not what I want to do with my life, so I stopped showing any signs of being depressed to everyone. Hey everybody look how cheerful I am on my medicine
>>
>>37751996
I feel for you. BPD is so rare in guys, or at least goes by a lot undiagnosed.
To be fair I've only ever had 1 boyfriend, although that's because I had Agoraphobia and quit school when I was 13 and didn't leave the house until I was 20.
Honestly though, research DBT. It's done a lot of good to people with BPD.
>>
File: 1495292703250.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1495292703250.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>37750868
I know that feel fampai. I'm on a waiting list myself
>>
>No Internet
>no books
>one tv in the common area
Overall it was just boring. I needed it to de-stress and get some new medication, but definitely don't want to go back.
>>
if any of you people end up in cumberland hospital sydney Australasia will look after you
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.