[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you squander your potential in school, robots? You

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: pepe.jpg (48KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
48KB, 660x574px
Why did you squander your potential in school, robots?

You and I could have been so much more if we actually cared about getting more than just a passing grade on an assignment or test, but all we wanted to focus on were our toys and games and just end up being a C-average student.

We could be out there making a better living where we could own even more toys and games...

WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT!?

We've been out of school for 5, 10, 20 years and only making less than $50k or feeding off someone else's income. We could have been SO MUCH MORE!
>>
>implying a C average isn't normal as fuck

I had a delicate balancing act between failing half my classes up until dropping out entirely. People who fuck up college seem to think they have it rough.
>>
File: IMG_4406.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>>37749528

W...What are you saying...? It's not too late...I can still turn things around...
>>
>>37749528
The depression meme friend. I did get good grades, my entire schooling, I just didn't care / never cared for my future and still don't.

I have no drive or ambition, no motivation. I use to think I was somewhat intelligent and now I just feel like an utter retard.

I just want to die.
>>
>>37749569
>implying we're normal

You... you know which board you're on, right?

We could be B or even A-average students.
>>
>>37749602
I'm saying to really be an outlier from 'normal' you have to bail on your entire academic career before it even started or else you're just another normal dude.
>>
File: 1400274465926.jpg (104KB, 800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1400274465926.jpg
104KB, 800x1350px
>>37749596
Same here tbqh. I breezed through with good grades. But I basically have no motivation or ambition to improve or go further.
What makes this oh so more depressing, and perhaps gives me a bit of motivation, are my former teachers. After I graduated, they all believed I would become "known" and achieve great feats in life, I don't want to dissapoint them, they were fantastic teachers, but I just have no drive.
>>
>>37749649
Yeah iktf anon, I was school captain, despite not being very popular in highschool and my teachers always said they expect to see me doing good things / to see me in the papers and shit along those lines.

That was a good 10 years ago now and I'm just sleeping my days away, living off autismbux and about as intelligent and innovative as a neanderthal.
>>
File: 1496912527087.jpg (23KB, 574x382px) Image search: [Google]
1496912527087.jpg
23KB, 574x382px
Elementary School:
>straight A's because shit's easy as fuck and I'm already college-tier in 2nd grade
>get sent to upper grades for some classes
>switch schools. start getting beaten on the daily
>work ethic turns to shit, become a little prick on top of it

High School:
>blow off assignments or just copy girlfriend's homework
>literally never study and still nail tests
>literally laugh out loud when math teacher tells class that homework is going to be worth 10% of the grade
>get an A in some courses where I did no work just because class is full of uninterested knuckleheads and I can at least explain what we learned
>sleep a lot or browse /b/ in class
>only look good by comparison
>scrape by with like a 3.1, bleh

College, Round 1:
>drop out, take a year off

College, Round 2:
>work my fucking ass off
>straight A's with B's interspersed
>sometimes do more assignments than are actually assigned
>actually take notes for the first time in my life
>3.58 I want to raise to a 3.68 by the time I graduate
>actually care for the first time ever
>actually do a solid 2-3 hours of work every day outside of class
>doing independent study in hard sciences and MCAT prep outside of class on top of taking 19 credit hous

It's getting better.
>>
>get perfect grades up until 10th grade
>discover drugs
>almost fail high school
>fail college twice
>1.9gpa
>trying a third time
>have an A in my class from working really hard
Is there hope?
>>
>>37749763
Look at this guy being successful, you're so liable to live a happy normal life and yet you still hang around here. You could have been slapped with brain problems or even physical disability but instead you just fell for the smart lazy kid meme and recovered without issue.
>>
This was basically me for most of grade school but I started getting my shit together in late high school and early college and ended up getting a math PhD. You can always turn your life around.
>>
When I dropped out in 9th grade. I'm so fucking stupid..
>>
File: 34g54h6.jpg (45KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
34g54h6.jpg
45KB, 480x479px
should've, could've, would've

the thing that held me back in school was the same thing that prevents me from being a functional member of society today - mental illness

despite all his potential even nikola tesla died alone, poor, and a virgin
>>
because i knew that no one will pay me money to memorize things i read in books

now that i look back at school i wish i wasn't studying at all. it would be better if i picked up programming at home and just lied on resume about school
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.