[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>life is meaningless without escapism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1999.jpg (18KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1999.jpg
18KB, 250x242px
>life is meaningless without escapism
>>
>Life is meaningless WITH escapism

Think about it, anon.
>>
>>37748371
Escapism doesn't give life meaning though. Its just the best way to deal with life.
>>
>>37748386
That doesn't make any sense. I only enjoy myself when I'm escaping from the shitty reality.
>>
>>37748397

Just THINK about it anon. You'll know what I mean soon enough.
>>
>>37748408
Sounds like a load of bullshit you can't back up so you're telling me to find a conclusion that only you have found, which doesn't make sense since I already told you that what I make of it is the complete opposite. Nigger.
>>
>>37748419

You're not thinking hard enough. You are on the verge of the conclusion. Just keep trying man.
>>
>>37748397
Enjoying yourself doesn't mean its the meaning.

There is no objective meaning. If hedonism is your personal meaning, and escapism is the best way to hedonistically enjoy yourself, then I guess its your personal meaning. But its still not the objective meaning of life.
>>
>>37748437
Stop trying to seek out an objective meaning for a subjective desire
>>
>>37748390
no i mean it gives me reason to finish school and work : so that i can buy my own place, have good internet, buy nice furniture, buy clothes i won't get to wear, pay for spotify, and just watch youtube and listen to music when i'm home from work.

i don't want anything else in life. if i start to think about how i should have kids and family, it just gives me anxiety.
>>
>>37748836
and i'm already 24
>>
>>37748371
not meaningless but more tolerable yes
>>
Life is meaningless. Escapism just makes you forget about it.
>>
What's escapism
>>
>>37749312
no, life should be about following your natural instinct and dealing with obstacles. it's our natural instincts to have a family, it's our natural instincts to want to be good at something, etc etc.

when we're a robot like this, we don't lose our natural instinct to have a family, something's just getting in our way and we're supposed to deal with it.
>>
>>37749579
Life doesnt do anything with a goal. It just does. Our instincts serve no greater purpose they perpetuate themselves because they do. Because thats just what happens. We are a giant chemical reaction building towards the entropic heat death of the universe.
>>
>>37748371
Just hang out for another 10 years when VR is a good enough replacement for the real world.
>>
If you get busy enough with real life, real life becomes the escapism.

Think: Wagecucks who call themselves workaholics. They're terrified of actually doing anything else other than grinding for Mr Noseberg. The idea of having to actually do anything but grind at work scares them. Their real life is an escape from reality.
>>
I just live in fantasy worlds now. I dont even care about existing in the real world anymore.
>>
>>37749579
That's typical normie fallacious reasoning.
>>
>>37748397
>meaning and purpose
>enjoying yourself
These things exist independently.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.