[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nearly halfway through 2017 already what have you accomplished

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1453659650505.jpg (45KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1453659650505.jpg
45KB, 500x333px
>nearly halfway through 2017 already
what have you accomplished so far?
>>
>>37745143
I got an associates degree.
What about you?
>>
came to terms with how mentally ill i am so theres that
>>
File: 1486238012876.jpg (63KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486238012876.jpg
63KB, 360x360px
I had a goal to start saving money on each paycheck in 2017. I signed a lease to a new apartment yesterday, it's about 10m2 smaller than this one (I don't need all that space anyway), doesn't have a garage or a storage (I use neither), and I'm going to be saving about 100 euros a month in rent. I'm also hoping heating will be cheaper because the radiators are newer in the new apartment.
I'm getting the key in two weeks, and then I'll have the two apartments for two weeks after that, so plenty of time to move.
It feels pretty good.
>>
>>37745143
>started getting driver's license
>feel like i'm aobut to escape robotdom
>talked to more than one person per week for weeks in a row now
>still have crippling paranoia
>>
>>37745143
Got Drivers License
Started a degree in teaching
Moved houses and am about to move again in 2 weeks
Got GF
Got rid of GF
Currently trying to get another GF

2017 has been fine so far.
>>
I got a new apartment and had sex for the first time in over a year, so it's been alright.
>>
File: 1496737473357.jpg (258KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
1496737473357.jpg
258KB, 658x501px
>dropped out of college at the start of the year
>told myself I'll get a job immediately
>still neet
>>
>>37745143
Got a little better at guitar/piano (not much), taught myself programming. That's all I can think of.
>>
>>37747178
>taught myself programming
how'd you do that?
>>
>>37747178
oh also i got kicked out of college, but at least I stood up for myself finally, for once I fought back and didn't let some asshole bully me. My life may be ruined but at least I finally feel like a man, one of the things that really bothered me for years was how I let people walk all over me and treat me like shit. Before getting kicked out also my grades were really nice, if that still counts as an accomplishment. Also got a job within 3 days of arriving in the city after I left school, that's sort of an accomplishment I guess. Now i'm visiting back home for a few weeks and i'm NEET, but i'm not giving up yet. I study every day, I plan to get a drivers license and find somewhere to live when I get back to the city, a new job again, and finally I want to get into community college so I can continue on with my education.
>>
File: 1486657041690.gif (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486657041690.gif
136KB, 500x500px
>>37745143
got kicked out of college and have a shit ton of debt.
>>
>>37747188
It took a while, actually. I first started in January after my online friend kept telling me to give it a try. My first language was Python, I just did online tutorials, there's tons. I was more interested in learning how computers work than anything else, so I began learning C instead, I liked that way more, and realized I actually really enjoy programming. I also read a bunch of books in my free time that gave me a better understanding of how computers work. Now i've been working with Java mostly.

The first step is just learning the basics. Syntax, how loops work, etc. Everything is pretty simple, when you get down to it, computers do really basic stuff, it's just they do it really really fast. You just gotta break down your every problem down to the absolute basics, then figure out how to put instruct the computer to do it. It's like explaining something to a retard, you gotta tell him step-by-step instructions, but he's a really fast retard. There's tons of online resources if you want to learn, but the biggest thing is to be an active learner. Reading about something won't teach you shit, you've gotta apply it and actually be writing your own programs.

A nice book to check out is Code:The Hidden Language. It's less about programming and more about just explaining computers from the bottom up, I read it before I started coding and it helped me a lot because I have a better idea of what was going on under the hood.

What are you interested in accomplishing? I think a great first project that'll teach you a lot is a rock paper scissors game.
>>
>>37745143
Nothing.
And by nothing I mean absolutely nothing.
Not done a single thing I said I'd do.
I did get a job, but my anxiety came back for the first time in several months so I had to reject the job offer because I didn't want to screw them around.
>>
>>37747346
Wew lad

Ogfd
>>
>>37747365
>wew lad
did i say something stupid? ah well, hopefully that anon knows better than to take advice from /r9k/ of all places, kek.
>>
I remember these types of threads at the start of the year.

Feels like we've flash forwarded or some shit. It's fucked. It's weird. I can't imagine the things you guys are saying as I don't believe that time existed.
>>
I applied to a bunch of jobs but never got an interview. Thats about it. This year has flown by. Pretty sure yesterday was February.
>>
>>37745143
i ran 10km in 45 minutes, finished 75% of the semester with the highest grade, and applied for a course in sailing
>>
>been going /out/ twice a week
>getting in pretty good shape
>quit smoking
>quit drinking
>finally learning how to be alone in a healthy way
>learning to let go of some degree of self-obsession and becoming a more authentic person
>got two raises at work and a cool promotion on the horizon
>starting to feel like I'm actually getting better for the first time in my life
Pretty fucking good year. I'm glad I didn't kill myself last year.
>>
Six more months to go before my family can claim insurance after I kill myself. Hang in there, me. I'm doing my best for you.
>>
Worked the job, didn't fuck up yet.
What i consider a real accomplishment is going back to my hobby, painting wargaming minis.
It was on a literal and proverbial shelf for years, becaue muh school, muh job, muh parents thinking it's childish. It stops now, i will do what i want.
>>
File: 1488642463897.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1488642463897.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
Not becoming an hero.
>>
>>37745143
Not killing myself, again
>>
>>37745143
I quit my job. And recorded the first half of an album with a band
>>
File: 1497403836790.jpg (441KB, 1000x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1497403836790.jpg
441KB, 1000x1392px
I'm getting farther in my job and I'm getting back to being happier. If that doesn't count as an accomplishment, then I'm moving out this month with a nice person I love.

I hit a depression slump a few years ago that took away my interest in art, but I'm slowly getting back into it, which I'm happy about. I'm also getting farther with an old hobby that stayed with me which are model kits.
>>37749113
That's great to hear. How hard is it to paint those minis? I have a lot of pilot pieces for my Gunpla which I usually leave blank because it seems a bit difficult to paint on such a small scale.
>>
>>37749443
Not that hard, just takes effort and concentration. But they're on a much smaller scale and of arguably worse quality than Games Workshop ones.
Still learning all the proper techniques though, can't believe i thought the stuff i did in high school was remotely ok. God bless /tg/.

The issue here was, i always had this nagging voice to not get into anything because i have to get serious with my job first. Or that i'm moving out soon.
Yet six years later i'm still here not only with nothing to show for, i didn't even have a fucking hobby, besides occasional game. This isn't life, it's vegetation.
>>
>>37750345
Do you prime your pieces, or is it useless at such a small scale?
And sorry to hear about that. At least you're now on the road to change that, that's all that is important right now. Did your parents opinion on the hobby really deter you from it that much? Or was it small compared to that mentality toy had with work?
>>
>Had sex with a black

My life is kind of over
>>
>accepted that i'll never amount to anything

for awhile i denied it and actually tried to be something. hah, silly me. i can die at peace now. any day now. i'm ready, anons.
>>
>>37745143
>got on state welfare healthcare, but haven't actually gone to a doctor/dentist yet
>been working on the house we're going to move into soon

That's pretty much it. Still no end in sight for my friendlessness, KHHVness, or NEETness.
>>
>>37750508
Depends on the mini, some have nice portruding details, on others it would be lost.
It was mostly my own doing, but it was me loving parents who got me into that mindset. Eventually i fucked everything up anyway, but the thought persisted, that i shouldn't be doing that. I can't be this hollow husk of a man any longer.
>>
>>37750645
>nice portruding details, on others it would be lost.
Guess it depends on the grit of the primer.

I don't see miniature painting in any way childish. At least not as childish as posing what basically are action figures at their finished state, but now I'm shit talking my own hobby.
Again, at least you're changing things for the better. Hope you successfully get back into the hobby and enjoy getting back into it as well.
>>
>>37745143

1st in my degree
Got a job, software engineer, starting soon
Stopped drinking, 5 months sober so far
Since sobriety no smoking and obviously no drugs as well, not that I really did either before with any regularity
Maintained and improved relationship with girlfriend, 2.5 years now
Reduced blood pressure
Saved 2k
Did a load of interviews this year, including telephone interviews, before finding my job, so learned a skill there

2017 has probably been the best year of my life so far, totally upwards.
>>
File: wink-putin_1291535b.jpg (19KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
wink-putin_1291535b.jpg
19KB, 620x400px
>>37745143
>Learned Russian trough shitposting on 2ch hk
>>
>>37745143
I've not killed myself. Give me a medal
>>
>>37745143
i got my driving license and i haven't killed myself yet
>>
>>37745143
Build my first gaming rig and been saving up neetbux, this year has just been passing me by with nothing really happening, I just want it to be over because I hope in 2018 I'll have everything in order and be able to move out and do something with my life, so I'm currently on stand by until march of 2018.
>>
>>37745143
Well, I got laid a bunch, wrote a book, made a website, got fired from a job but got another and another job offer, spent all my money but I'd say I'm doing pretty good.
>>
I've lost 30 lbs

That's about it
>>
haven't killed myself yet there's something
>>
>>37745143
Got a 12k raise. That's pretty much it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.