[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blast from the past

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: ps1.webm (620KB, 1152x542px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.webm
620KB, 1152x542px
Fellow hikikomori, NEET, denizens of the wired, I have a thread for you.
Here is what I am planning on doing with the rest of my life
http://www.emuvr.net/

That is a program for VR that takes emulation to the next level and BEYOND.
There are literal fucking 3D models of game consoles and the discs/cartridges you can place around in a room that you can decorate.
The games are displayed on a virtual CRT screen, the devs even added a day and night cycle.

So my plan is that when I get a Rift I'm going to spend the rest of my life in places like this.
I'm going to become a VR hikikomori.

Holy shit goddamn.
I'm going to set the calendar to 2006 and pretend time never went on beyond then.
I won't play anything released passed the 6th generation.
So for the next decade I'll live in my own fantasy world where my childhood goes on forever, perpetually then eventually I'll carry this on to full-immersion virtual reality.

But goddamn I'm glad something like this exists.
This is the missing link emulation was missing.
I hate how soulless digital is, my psyche CRAVES the physical element, the game boxes and the art, the console and its own unique feel and the menu sounds and ...
This is what will allow us to continue on with consoles and the worlds we love and cherish and wish to continue on forever, because eventually the industry will probably move on passed physical consoles and to HMDs with everything built in.
The PS5 or 6 could be just an HMD but if you want to play 2D games you can on a floating virtual screen.
>>
>>37742473
Damnit, do you have to make your virtual world match your real life of a hikikomori exhibit?
I vote Namco Museum for comfiest VR setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ORan0IiYQ
>>
File: 1478756697432.jpg (53KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
1478756697432.jpg
53KB, 600x845px
>>37742473

>I hate how soulless digital is, my psyche CRAVES the physical element, the game boxes and the art, the console and its own unique feel and the menu sounds and ...

What's stopping you from just doing the same thing in your own room? Just buy a crt, some old consoles, flash carts, etc. You could even deck out your room with era appropriate stuff like a 2006 calendar
>>
>>37742679
Not op but are you forgetting the part that buying all that shit cost insane amounts of money to a neet?
>>
>>37742679

Because in the fleshnet physical things wear down etc
In VR everything is always mint, free, you can instantly change something.
If I want to save a certain configuration then play around with different decorating styles I can, instantly.
Plus it's cool having a world of my own that no one but me can visit, that exists virtually and eventually I'll be able to carry everywhere with me.

Just imagine, your entire life going everywhere with you, in your HMD.

What if your house burns down?
Or you need to suddenly move.
If everything is virtual then you can take it wherever.
>>
>>37742759
Well isn't vr expensive? And all that stuff I mentioned isn't that expensive.
>>
>>37742857

A Rift + Touch controllers is only like $500 now.
By 2018 Oculus should have a new HMD out that will probably be slightly less expensive since the HMD and controller will come together, they'll have refined everything.
By 2020 - 2022 everyone will have replaced their smartphone with an HMD that will be as capable if not better than today's state of desktop VR.

If you're interested in keeping up with the latest VR news here is a great source
http://www.roadtovr.com/
They have been following VR since the beginning of the current wave, which started around 2012.

I am so FUCKING hype for the future.
As awful as everything might seem people have no idea what world awaits us.
Literally within 15 years full-immersion virtual reality will exist, even if just in the labs.
They're already working on the technology.
>>
Physical collection will always be superior. This is just glorified emulation.
>>
>>37743049

Within a decade or so you'll be able to interact with virtual objects physically so that argument is pretty moot.
>>
>>37743009
I bought my CRT for $20, Super Famicom for $50 with two controllers, and sd2snes for $100 from junfangames in China. It's only expensive if you're a dumbass.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.