[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual reality will save us

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: virtual world.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
virtual world.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Full virtual reality which sends the signals directly to our brains via neural connections will make the real world a shitty obsolete place to live.
Your real life and body will become irrelevant.
All we have to do is wait till it comes out then, we can say goodbye to all our problems.
Wait it out robots. It's only a matter of time.
In the virtual world we can be whatever we choose and we don't have to be ourselves!
>>
>>37739278
>we don't have to be ourselves!

pathetic
>>
What's gonna stop the normies from invading the virtual world?
>>
>>37739278
>Full virtual reality which sends the signals directly to our brains via neural connections
It's called "deep dive" if you want a known term for the concept
>>
>>37739278
B-but.. killing minorities will be so useless.
>>
>>37739334
Private servers.
And it doesn't matter. Whatever happens in real life doesn't matter online.
>>
>>37739364
They'll just pretend to be us to get on our private servers, then they'll bully us.
>>
>>37739278
Which in what ways technology affect us today. This might be what destroy us as a human specie.
>>
Virtual reality will not save anyone more than any current incarnation of fantasy will.
>>
>>37739407
Who cares we just need to enjoy our lives.

>>37739411
At least it's gonna feel real
>>
>>37739364
There's actually a manga about this. Anyway, why do i find this so sad, even though i understand its appeal? I think it's because it's the perfect copout. Too pathetic to make it in the real world anon? Too weak willed, might as well wait for a miracle. But you are right, i think, this great flight from reality is the future.
>>
>>37739388
Make the admin a super ultra robot.
>>
>>37739278
>spend night in virtual world
>log off
>realize you've pissed and crapped yourself
no thanks
>>
Sorry, but true VR won't come out within our lifetimes.
>>
>>37739455
>clean piss and crap
>exercise
>attach IV drip
>sleep
>wake up
>log back on
>>
>>37739324
Fuck up normie, live your mundane shit filled real world life and die then, fuck off and let other people do what they like, you dont control anything and kill yourself bitch :)
>>
>>37739334
They get their own servers and if they somehow come to our server we can kill and torture them with horrendous neural stimulations of agonizing pain until they leave or go insane
>>
>>37739749
I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything. OP is pathetic for failing to deal with his own life and basically giving up. He doesn't even want to be himself! But people like OP are the future and i even concede he may escape to his fantasy.
>>
>>37739278
This'll only work when a company finds a way to make money off of people living in the VR and essentially storing bodies for profit. Otherwise you'd only be able to escape if you have a lot of money.
>>
>>37739889
K, fuck up then, the future is fucked and useless. Why should he care about the future of the shitty human race? And if you really dont care why bother posting anything?
Normies...
>>
>>37739986
shut yo ESL ass up nigga
>>
>>37740022
Shudup eternal anglo. You've committed lots of crimes against humanity.
>>
File: Tobi.png (297KB, 709x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Tobi.png
297KB, 709x1023px
I know that feel, my duderinobro.
>>
>>37740146
Eternal tsukiyomi
>>
File: 170.jpg (32KB, 720x460px) Image search: [Google]
170.jpg
32KB, 720x460px
This will be our salvation, my friends.
>>
I would literally never leave to do anything ever again. true vr would enable me to be the true degenerate that I am
>>
We'd finally meet each other and have fun together so we don't have to be lonely anymore. Physical contact!
>>
mmo vr would solve nothing
all hierarchical life disunity would carry over

the only vr that could be user-valuable would be individualized locally and be completely artificial
>>
>>37740984
Mmo vrs are cancer and wouldn't solve anything but I didn't mention that. But it would be great otherwise.
>>
I look forward to the point where artificial general intelligence can create personalized immerse VR adventures for people. Like, if you've ever watched a movie you really enjoyed and wished you could be part of the crew, this AI would be able to simulate that lifestyle for you.

The possibilities are endless. Future's gonna be really cool.
>>
Ready Player One was a good book. It's about nolife NEETs living in full virtual reality, where every fathomable service could be obtained through said VR. I'm sure you'd love it, OP, if you're willing to take a break from the robo-fleshlight.
>>
>>37739772
We outnumber you. And girls still won't fuck you.
>>
>>37739278
>get put into a virtual reality world
>just play the mini games in it all day and avoid socializing with other e-normies
>>
it will come with mandates first. mandatory virtual glasses that alter your experience based on what you buy. you'll have the free stuff that shows you a person's criminal record as you pass them on the street (the wearer's mandate), and then the rewards program for surviving.
>>
>>37741052
oho you don't have an appreciation for rp, I see.
>>
I'd abandon real life forever. Especially if these VR sets dilate time.
>spend 5 mins wearing VR set
>spend 25 years in VR world
>essentially immortal living out your fantasies
>>
>>37739278
you ever watch the movie surrogates?
>>
>>37741476
>we
keep dreaming bud
>>
File: angry.jpg (55KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
55KB, 800x797px
>>37739278
NIGGER, YOU'LL BE JUST AS MISERABLE IN THE VIRTUAL WORLD AS YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? I'LL TELL YOU WHY! BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FUCKING SOURCE OF YOUR PROBLEMS FAGGOT. THE WORLD IS NOT A SHITTY PLACE. THE WORLD IS MERELY A REFLECTION OF YOUR ACTIONS. IF YOU CHOSE TO BE COMPLACENT AND BE RULED BY FEAR, THEN YOU HAVE ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME. YOU WANT TO FIX THE LIFE YOU'VE LEFT IN SHAMBLES? THEN ABANDON WHAT YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF AND START FROM SCRATCH!!!!
>>
File: 1491825213021.jpg (16KB, 424x366px) Image search: [Google]
1491825213021.jpg
16KB, 424x366px
>>37744056
>THE WORLD IS NOT A SHITTY PLACE.
>>
File: 1497561325985.jpg (163KB, 850x579px) Image search: [Google]
1497561325985.jpg
163KB, 850x579px
Soooo which will come first A.I.'s, so I can talk to a waifubot.
Or virtual reality so I can be with a wiafu bot? And predicted timeline?
>>
>>37744056
https://youtu.be/X16G2hsVI9w?t=37s
>>
The problem is they haven't captured full body motion yet. People hyped up the Oculus rift headsets but that technology has been around for decades. Those shitty controllers that move arms a little don't count.
>>
i look forward to bullying other robots even though i am a robot myself
>>
>>37739749
>>37739986
Ur nasty and a bitch. Also I'm using "fuck up" instead of "fuck off" now
>>
>>37743949
holy shit, should be no problem, same concept as in dreams: Time is an illusion.
JESUS
>>
>>37739278
when
h
e
n
>>
>>37739443
>buh duh ressentiment was good

no yeah sure you're totally fucking right, the fat otaku with no prospects absolutely should've married the bitter, chainsmoking pseudodyke

how dare he be ungrateful for the opportunity to continue existing as a worthless piece of shit married to a shrew

based hanazawa laying down the epic owns
>>
as someone who has been doing 3D for few years now i can tell you its not going to work.

most of VR companies are frauds and save a heck alot of money on visual style + art so they mostly just hire the programmer and buy some asset pack so they can piece the assets together without the need of an artist.
this is why we haven't had a single good VR game so far. this is why they all look like shit
>>
>>37747198
sure but in 10 20 years this will be a different story. Heck, think 20 years back !
>>
>>37747198
>this is why we haven't had a single good VR game so far. this is why they all look like shit
what is res evil 7. what is farpoint. what is the VR lineup from E3.
>>
>>37747475
Anything worth mentioning from E3?
>>
File: IMG_2259.jpg (99KB, 750x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2259.jpg
99KB, 750x1242px
>>37744056
>the world is not a shitty place
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHSHAAHAHHAHHAHAHASHSHHSHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA

*i move away from the mic to breathe in*

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHHSHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHSHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHSHHAHAHAAH

Go check out that post in the "worst part of high school" thread where the guy talks about how his parents both died and he has nothing left. I'm sure his problems are all internal even though he made it through the military? People like you are insufferable retards that haven't had real conflict in their life. Should we blame our problems on everything else? No. But some problems can't be fixed.
>>
Lucid dreaming > VR
>>
>>37748585
yeah except you have to put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort for a 50/50 chance that you might lucid dream that night you fucking nigger.
>>
This is the reason why I haven't offed myself.
See you guys in the first vr rpg world
>>
>>37748636
Git gud, time, effort and discipline are worth it for the ability have vivid, dreams you can control, and an experience superior to any vidya or meme VR game.

Its free, the learning is free, theres tons of techniques but they are all free to learn, kn exchange for that you have to put in a lot of time and effort and discipline at first and try out techniques and see which work and not lose motivation/get discouraged, but those who do so are rewarded with an experience superior to any VR now and in the future, and all for free.
>>
>>37748693
Tell me how to do it.
I have extreme insomnia. Literally can't sleep. Maybe this will give me something to do when lying down doing nothing.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.