[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arguing with brainlets

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: woman-confused.jpg (158KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
woman-confused.jpg
158KB, 725x483px
How do you respond to someone terrible at arguing but certain they had made a good point?

Here's my example that I keep encountering:
So you make a statement, then the person argues saying that "You're wrong for saying that, I think X is better because Y is just repulsive. All sane and mature men agree with this, only someone fucked up/stupid/some insult think Y is correct.

Why do people argue based purely off opinions?
The first part of the argument is just your opinion and insulting the other with no facts backing it up. The second part is also entirely your opinion because you don't know what every male thinks, and then just more insulting the opposing view instead of giving any proof as to why it's incorrect.

How would you respond to this person or similar instances?
>>
You don't. Arguing is pointless.
>>
>>37738160
So you just stare blankly at them when they tell you you're wrong?
>>
>>37737533
Give it up anon, they'll never make it legal.

Sane people love their daughters too much.
>>
>>37738407
You just tell them whatever or walk away or shit. You' can't convince people of shit when they're retarded; they view arguments emotionally, as a personal attack. Like how most women do.

Logical debating only happens in controlled settings or with people who don't make arguments like "all sane and mature men agree." They're not even making a logical point there.

Just walk away, blow them off, and write them off as human garbage. They are, after all.
>>
i never say shit with certainty unless i know absolutely what i'm talking about, this is actually how you avoid arguments altogether.

when you encounter know-it-all (put yourself in the person shoes who's calling you wrong), instead of calling them wrong, you ask, "where's your evidence and what is your source for all this?" usually it's, "where are you getting all this bullshit?".
then after you ask that they will fold like a cheap lawn chair.

a lot of people's problem today is that they are too scared of not knowing something. they're afraid to just say, "i don't know", they'd rather try to appear smart and risk you never calling them out.
>>
>>37738407
Essentially, yes. They won't change their mind. It's a waste of time. Just shrug and walk away.
>>
>>37737533
You open a newspaper and drink some tea. Then you tell them that any opinions any person have don't matter.
>>
Actual advice here:
Google Socratic Questioning
>>
>>37737533
dont argue with these people, they are too stupid to understand it. also they get frustrated easily and when they get frustrated they'll throw personal insults at you. just ignore brainlets, let them know they arent worthy of (you)s
>>
>>37738721
actual advice here:
normies will not play along with that
>>
You can't argue with someone like that. Even if you happened to have all the evidence on hand to prove yourself 100% correct they still wouldn't listen and would just resort to more insults or something. It's just not worth wasting the time on. If it's work related the best thing is to just do it your own better way to have them btfo and feeling like a moron when your results are better or more efficient.
>>
>>37738721
bahahaha, if you try this shit on normies they will drop the subject so fucking fast.
stupid people might be stupid, but they know when they're dealing with someone who isn't stupid.
socratic questioning will mentally exhaust them real fast.
>>
>>37737533
You're taking every situation as an argument, while they just want to express their opinions.

That's why they won't be convinced (they don't argue with you), and why you're frustrated.

Learn to read your opponent better, faggot.
>>
>>37739046
What are you talking about? When a person comes at you saying you're incorrect and all who agree are incorrect and throws in random insults, you wouldn't view that as someone attempting to argue with you?
>>
>>37739650
>muh brainlets can't argue
>except they didn't want to argue

They're wanting to show their opinions. Hence the insults. Hence the irrationality Get out of r9k more often and try to understand their actions.
>>
>>37737533
Stop talking to them and never talk to them again. You can never win against the average person in an argument because they care more about being right than facts and will take everything you say personally.
>>
>>37739733
So you're saying normies will randomly attack people saying they're wrong and insulting them but when the person counters, "I was just expressing my opinion bro!!! Why are you trying to fight bro!!! Even though I called you an idiot and said what you believe is wrong!!!"

And they expect you not to say anything in return or ask why they feel that way?
>>
>>37739812
>>37739812
Why do you still want to argue with them even if they mostly don't want to, or when they try to, take it personally

In all honesty, why would they insult you to begin with? I assume you don't know how to properly interact with others, which leads to such situation.
That or you're baiting.
>>
>>37739874
You've never had an instance where you're with a group of people talking about something, and then one person gets all upset and says you're wrong. In that sort of discussion do you suggest just going silent and not saying anything back about it? Or addressing why they feel that way and are trying to insult you?

How is someone attacking your opinion and saying you're stupid not them starting an argument?

I'm not even the normal r9k stereotype, but maybe you're right and I really don't get how people work.
>>
>>37740025
In all honesty, I never lived that situation. But if you did, something clearly offed them, and it wasn't necessarly about the conversation itself. Bad day, got triggered, whatever.

Emotional intelligence sounds like a meme, but it's actually helping. No one is 100% rational. As such, the irrational parts are rooted in the emotional parts. Better start understanding that side.
>>
>>37739874
Normies get super heated about politics and feminism. I've seen people start calling each other horrible over it even though none of them are socially inept, if that's what you're asking about why there's insults being tossed around.
>>
>>37740095
>Normies get super heated about politics and feminism
So do robots and /pol/tards lol. Politics and such are topics that get most people heated
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.