[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mental health advice thread Earlier today, someone claiming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1432523244629.jpg (21KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432523244629.jpg
21KB, 225x300px
>mental health advice thread

Earlier today, someone claiming to be a former therapist made a thread for the mentally ill to ask for advice. He didn't offer much, so I'm going to try to step up and lend an ear to anyone that wants to talk.

I'm not a therapist, I have no licenses, but I've been in the mental health system for about 9 years now. Have seen every kind of doctor you could think of, taken a lot of different medications, been hospitalized, so I'm here to offer some actual advice based on my experiences.

If anyone wants any advice about their diagnosis, different kinds of meds, hospitalizations, anything, please voice your concerns. I'll reply to every post ITT.
>>
>>37737446
Anyone else have visual snow?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow
>>
>>37737747
All day erry day. Not so bad indoors but when I'm outside, especially on sunny days it's pretty irritating.

How bad is yours?
>>
diagnose my song when i was psychotic i recorded it what do you think it says about me

https://youtu.be/OnCOBRn7Ktg
>>
>>37737865
>https://youtu.be/OnCOBRn7Ktg
I really love this. The psychosis is pretty apparent from how repetitive the song is but the melody and the rest of the lyrics are really nice.

My amateur thoughts are that you sound painfully repressed, most likely from abuse (a dysfunctional family or romantic relationship). Also could be from a very hard living situation. I'm really curious how old you were when you recorded this. Thanks for sharing man.
>>
>>37737446
I'm not depressed, but I frequently think of killing myself. Why might this be?
>>
>>37738045
Intrusive thoughts are a common symptom of OCD. Are these thoughts about killing yourself frequent and disturbing? Do they disrupt your daily life? Are they accompanied by the feeling that you have to do something to get rid of the thought?
>>
>>37738000

i was 21 when recording it i had split up from my ex at this time family is pretty normal
>>
>>37738174
That makes sense. Mind if I ask one more question? Do you know where the psychosis came from?
>>
>>37737865
I looked through a few of your other works uploaded on this channel. It feels like listening to myself play. Though, my musical influence is more blues/jazz oriented with time signature fuckery. I've got a lot of works in my head. Too bad my applicable mechanical skill needs more work.

Keep playing.
>>
>>37738404
Would you mind posting some of your stuff here? I fucking love jazz.
>>
File: 1493793611211.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493793611211.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>37738998
I would, but I haven't got really any appropriate recordings. I suppose, to clarify more accurately, my music is mostly centered around bluesy bar waltzes.

Most I've got are some incomplete projects in FL and endless voice recordings articulating my works, since it's the only way I can do it in a accurately.

Implying I'll ever finish anything.
>>
>>37739178
I understand the frustration of being involved in an art and being in limbo seemingly perpetually with any given project. There's nothing more frustrating than having an idea in your head and being unable to full realize it.

I hope I can hear some of your stuff one day m8. As an alcoholic with a deep love for classical music, jazz and blues, I love bluesy bar waltzes.
>>
>>37739223
>I hope I can hear some of your stuff one day m8.
I do too. I've been trying to do some music production in my DAWS, but it's still a constant struggle. I don't know what VSTs I can use that will sound realistic enough. Almost everything I try sounds messed up. I got an SFZ pack and some others from IvyAudio, but they just sound broken and rough/cut-off when I try to play them.

I just want a basic orchestral suite to work with. If I had to get a few different packs to get the right sound, so be it. It's just frustrating trying to find things that sound right.

I still like and want to play my guitar regardless. People can tell you "learn chords/scales, improvise", but that only gets me so far. I feel sloppy at times, and monotone, like it's just an endless droning.

Most of my voice recordings were made in the past, with only a few thrown around more recently on rare occasion. I wonder if I might come back alive with more effort in my music, but I don't know how to properly explore that when both of my musical outlets are experiencing...technical difficulties. Any thoughts?
>>
I'm fucking anxious all the time. I fucking hate school because nobody wants to be with me in a group project with me. I'm scared of talking, I'm scared of expressing my feelings. I hate myself. I'm fucking scared of my interview tomorrow. I feel like vomitting. Life feels like hell and I don't even live in a third world country. My mind is playing tricks on me.
>>
>>37740348
You've got bad social anxiety bruh. Propranolol would do wonder for your physical symptoms but therapy is the best option for the mental ones.
>>
When will robots realize that their salvation is Buddhist philosophy?
>>
>>37740393
fuck off
philosophy does not solve chemical deficiencies
philosophy does not solve years of horrific abuse
philosophy does not solve crippling social deficits
Buddhism is not the solution to everything
fuck off
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.