[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My therapist once mentioned how much of my issues are caused

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: fam.jpg (47KB, 1160x660px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
47KB, 1160x660px
My therapist once mentioned how much of my issues are caused and worsened by my family. She said my family was dysfunctional because
me and my brothers and sister all still live at home with my dad which is apparently 'unhealthy'. My oldest brother is 36 and finishing college but is retiring before starting work because he wants to stay at home. My older brother is 31 and only left home once for a week in jail because of a fight, someone attacked him!! Now he has ptsd and won't leave the house. Then there's me, I'm 29 and just graduated high school (GED) but I'm not planning on studying because I'm not a good learner and not good at social situations. My therapist pushed me into it even though it was super stressful for me.

My sister is the youngest, she's 27 and in the same situation as me. She moved out once to live with a boyfriend but after that relationship ended 3 or 4 years ago she moved back home. She now wants to be a teaching assistant but no one will hire her because she never finished middle school and only got her GED in her 20s like me. Though she's very competent, I suppose it looks bad in interviews.

Then there's dad who's a construction worker. His backs all fucked up because he started working at 15 and always worked too hard. Bless him. He recently got laid off (forced retirement), so basically at the moment we're all unemployed. My dad gets about 15k (I think) a year in unemployment and that's what we live off. The only bad part I'd say is how poor we are.

I'm sure we're not the only ones in this living arrangement, but ever since my therapist told me it was bad, I question things. Luckily we lost our health care and I can't see her anymore. -.-

I've thought some time about it, if our family is dysfunctional or not and whether my problems are caused by my family - I have come to the conclusion it's not. We might not be the biggest achievers out there or anything, but besides that we're pretty normal I'd say. It was rude of her to say so.
>>
>>37735441

Are you gonna tell her how you feel or are you just gonna complain on 4chan some more?
>>
being 1000 miles from any of my family is pretty lonesome and depressing, but then i had a pretty good family
if all you siblings got part time jobs, you could maintain a pretty simple and comfy existence now that your dad is out of commission
>>
>>37735479
I have not seen her again since I gathered these thoughts. Now that I lost insurance she refuses to.

I could write to her but I doubt she'd care. $=care, no$=no cares given.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>37735441
>but is retiring before starting work because he wants to stay at home.

sounds quite comfy.
>>
>>37735441
>to live with a boyfriend

then she is not virgin anymore.
>>
>>37735503
I'm sure it is! I once considered moving out and thought how dreadful and lonely it'd be. My brother had ptsd from jail unfortunately. My older brother worked for a couple of years to pay for college. He is debt free now with a degree because of that but I think he's depressed and doesn't want to work again. My sister tries to get a job right now but it's hard for her too.

When she was little school called our dad to tell him she had lice and needed combing. My dad was furious and made a scene at school, they told her to go to another school because of this but there was no other middle school near us so she stayed home. My dad worked all the time and as a single dad couldn't educate her. His dad sent him to work at 14 or 15 so he didn't have much of an education himself either.

Although my sister caught up with her education now, it still hangs over her I'm afraid. She doesn't blame dad for what he did.
>>
>>37735652
No, ironically she lost it at 12 -.- while me and my brother are still KV at 30
>>
clearly you need not only to get a job, but to move out and far from home, because the first one of you who'll get a job will have to sustain the whole "dysfunctional" family. it happens all times.

my ex gf literally searched for a job 1000 miles far from home for this reason.
>inb4 normie
nope, she dumped me in 1997 and in those two years we never had sex because religion
>>
>>37735882
If that's so.. why do I need to move out? I'm not getting a job
>>
>>37735948
its a catch-22, you need a job to get money to move out, but if you get a job you'll have to support family and lose the opportunity to move out
>>
Your family sounds extremely retarded, including yourself. Did any of you had any ambition?
>>
I'm an early retired as well.

I have some $6k savings (parents and neetbrothers don't know, they would invent every excuse to spend them) and spend as little as possible. I guess they will be drained in some two years.

I need to wait for my two brothers to get a job...while they're still waiting me to do the same.
>>
>>37736066
Do you not like to be around your family? You act like it would be a burden while I don't think any of us would mind to care for the other.. let alone feel burdened or trapped by it. No
>>
>>37736082
My dad worked all his life, 40+ years that is. My oldest brother worked to save up for college and has no debt. My sister wants to be a teaching assistant.
>>
>>37735441

You not normal at all and your therapist wasn't rude.

Your family are objectively losers. You should all feel ashamed of yourselves for failing at life this badly. Take some responsibility for yourself and sort your life out.
>>
>>37736185

being "around" family means losing independence and money.

some good large distance will fix that
>>
>>37736211
your oldest brother worked to save for college. And now what? He will have a degree and spend the rest of his life doing nothing? What kinda mindset is this?
>>
Uhhh....

What do you guys do all day?
>>
>>37737160
dick crossing probably
>>
>>37736935
is been almost 20 years since he started working.. He started at 17 after high school and just now finished. I think he considers himself retired by now because he worked before and only did college after.
>>
>>37737160
We don't see much of each other actually, we all stay in our own rooms.
>>
>>37737237
Ok. but doing what? browsing 4chan al lday?
>>
>>37737160
browse 4chan, install moar games, watch some shitty tv shows, fart everytime
>>
>>37737198
I don't know man, your situation seems kinda sad.
>>
>>37735441
You're delusional. If nobody in your fucking family is working while living at home and you get a fucking GED at 29, that means you weren't raised remotely normally. I hope your father is embarrassed at his family and at himself. I would offer my services to help your family come out of its shell but you're too fucking poor.
>>
>>37735441
Just curious what class would you consider yourself to be in like upper, middle, or lower.

I only ask because it seems like it would take a lot of money to take care of that many NEET children.
>>
>>37737806
I said before, 15k a year of my dads unenployment. So.. lowest of lower class? lol. Really not a lot but enough for 5 frugal people. And our house is paid off so no mortgage payments.
>>
You have four perfectly healthy and capable adults living at home and not one of you work. What the fuck is wrong with you and your family?

Also, who the fuck thinks it's time to retire because you worked then went to uni? Your brother is a retard.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.