[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a catch-22

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1248.jpg (91KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1248.jpg
91KB, 750x1334px
So this is my situation. I went to college in the fall but dropped out not because It was too hard, but because I have terrible attention problems and can really only focus on things I enjoy, and I really despised school.

I came back home to become an electrician and I missed the social element of college a lot, but at the same time felt relieved that I would never have to spend more time in a boring classroom learning arbitrary information that had absolutely zero real world application, and would quickly be in and out of training school, and making my own way in the world doing something I enjoyed.

So here's where things get screwy. Just recently I was prescribed adderall, and with this medication I feel like I have the focus needed to perform decently in school. I'd regain the social elements of living on campus, and my parents are trying to even bribe me with a $7000 car.(cars are my biggest passion) but at the same time, I looked at the list of majors, and there aren't really any that interest me ( all the good ones require calculus or chemistry which even with adderall I couldn't make myself pay attention to), and to top it off even if I were to get a degree in one of I'd most likely be making less money than I was as an electrician, and doing something I enjoyed much less.

So all in all, I am utterly perplexed what to do. My future seemed laid right out in front of me, such a simple path to success living at home while attending electrician school and becoming employed as one after 8 months,(which is my dream job)

but now I also have the option of returning to school , which I could potentially hate for a potentially useless degree just for a car I love.

What do I do?!!?!
>>
U need to get your shit together
>>
File: Alfa Romeo "expensive".jpg (133KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
Alfa Romeo "expensive".jpg
133KB, 690x960px
>>37734527
>$7000 car

my car tires cost more than that.
do you live in 1936?
>>
>>37735339
Used car silly. I'm thinking a 2004 fx45. Wtf do u drive w $7000 tires
>>
>>37734527
You sound like a bitchy rich kid who had everything going for him but is too lazy to do any of it. Kys
>>
U should go back cig! As Tupac once said (may his soul Rest In Peace) "it ain't easy"!
>>
>>37734527
I'm pretty sure you have to go to college to be an electrician though. When I graduate I was going to go to college to become an electrician. My entire family are all in the electric field and all went to college for electrical construction, and i think you don't need to take boring classes.
>>
Be an electrician, learn car shit on the side.

Ask your parents to give you the car anyway so you can actually get around and function on the job and not burn buildings down.

If they refuse, fuck it, you have your own path to follow, not the one laid out by your parents. You sounded miserable in school my dude, don't make the same mistake twice and expect a different result.
>>
>>37735719

Just need an apprenticeship for that. Your family got hosed, but at least it worked out. Shit, there's an electrician and carpentry school in my town that I see every day on my bus ride to work.
>>
>>37735339
>$7000 tires
Nig has $2000 rims and tires from Rent-A-Wheel and is getting jacked up by interest.
>>
>>37734527
Go to Electrician School, but become friends withe college people?????
>>
>>37735774
But going to college is worth it to be an electrician. The pay you get in the future pays for the college pretty well and you only need an associates degree.
>>
>>37735839
Im guessing they're nowhere near each other
>>
>>37735895

You don't need college to be an electrician, if he really wants to, he can do college bullshit after he's set up with a steady job.
>>
>>37735942
Just because you don't need it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. You don't need it but it's like taking the $3,000 rusty car over the $7,000 perfect car. It costs more and you COULD go the other way but it's still a better path.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.