[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Used to make threads in /adv/ asking how to make new friends

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: LeSadMemeFrog.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
LeSadMemeFrog.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>Used to make threads in /adv/ asking how to make new friends
>Followed their advice. Started getting out more, getting involved in my community, and putting myself out there
>It's been a decade and I still don't have any friends. I'm just "that guy that hangs out in public and attends events". People know my name and who I am, but don't want to hang out or do anything together.
>I don't come across as desperate or weird. But something must be inherently wrong with me
>"Anon, you just gotta keep trying..."

I've been alone for about eight years now. What do I do? I feel so alone.

A couple of months ago, I met this nice couple my age, and I seemed to hit it off well with them. We set a date to watch that new Ghost in the Shell movie, and they never showed up or called again.

I know there's the whole "heheh I'm so alone and ded inside" meme, but I feel like it's just impossible at this point. I don't feel suicidal or whatever, but I'm just upset that there doesn't feel like there's anything I can do.

I don't even have a family to fall back on.
>>
File: 1497471364861.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1497471364861.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>37721346
If you have no problems having online friends then it has to do with your appearance and the way you act in public, I know this may sound autistic but practice chatting and record yourself be more expressive and friendly, maybe find a hobby for introvert people
>>
>>37721447
>find a hobby for introverts
This is basically what I've wound up doing. Most nights I'm completely fine with it, but on occasion I'll realize how quiet it is or how I miss having people to talk to.

I have a small circle of people I play games with, but I can't rely on them all the time.

It probably is my appearance. I'm not overweight, and I bathe every day/groom myself. I dress normally. But I do have a lazy eye.

I don't think I act unusually. I'm a decent conversationalist. But it has to be something. You can't build a track record like mine without having something wrong with you.
>>
>>37721346
I am so happy I moved away from /adv/ to /r9k/. I was so sick of every other thread being about relationships when I was interested in career advice, personal finance, college, etc. Here, I don't have to try, I don't have to pretend to like people, and for some reason I can easily ignore the /lgbt/ threads.

My genuine piece of advice is to volunteer at a pet shelter. The animals you meet there will grow to love you. There's always that one cat that no one will adopt.

I have made many friends, and I have always cut ties with them. A bunch in high school, and a bunch in college, and then another bunch I assume in grad school. Friends won't do shit for you, everything's a cold, casual relationship.
>>
I way off worse. When I start in a new community (work, hobby, school, anything) I always make 1-2 new friends, everything seems great then they ditch me. Because I only made friends with 1-2 people, I don't know the others and it's too late to get to know them after years. This has happened to me like 5 times now and can't keep a single friend for longer times.

Might have something to do with the fact that I never have a gf despite being 28 and it might seem weird.
>>
>>37721638
We're just a couple of weirdos, Anon.
>>
>>37721663
Nowadays I think more and more of that quote (don't know where it comes from) that it's weird for a man not to have (or at least had) a wife after a certain age. That proves at least one person beared with him for a period of time. But I'm further away from getting a gf (mild facial deformity) than getting a friend. I imagine after 30 or even 35, it (the public image of me) gets even worse.
>>
>>37721745
It really does feel like the longer I go without a friend, the harder it becomes to make friends.
>>
>>37721816
It's because people tend to gravitate to other people similar to him. For me, as I said, it's harder and harder to find people my age without families / long term gfs. There was this guy, not exactly a friend but we talked a lot, even outside work. Got a gf, boom, gone. I tried talking him a few times and just polite yeah yeah everything's cool, I don't have much time etc etc answers.
>>
>>37721614
>My genuine piece of advice is to volunteer at a pet shelter. The animals you meet there will grow to love you. There's always that one cat that no one will adopt.

Two years ago, I adopted a dog that had been at the shelter for over a year. No one wanted to adopt an older dog, and she was about five years old.

This was the best decision of my life. Every time I come home, I am nearly bowled over by 50 lbs of excited doggo. We go for walks together all the time. My apartment doesn't feel empty anymore. I miss her when I am at work. And when you're walking a dog, random people will come up to you and say hello and ask about the dog.
>>
>>37721884
I'm thinking of this, but I'm often gone from home for 10-12 hours because of work and I don't want the dog to suffer because of no walks. Would you suggest getting a dog in this situation too? (I've had dogs up until 4 or 5 years ago through my whole life, that's why I'm asking)
>>
>>37721920
I'm not an expert. I worried about that, too, since I live in a small apartment. An older dog won't need as much exercise. But, 10-12 hours is a long stretch for them to spend inside. Maybe talk to a local shelter? Some places will also let you foster a dog, which can be a more temporary arrangement until someone adopts it.
>>
>>37721987
Alright, thanks for the answer man. I'll definitely consider it, but first, I need to get my own apartment, hopefully in 1 year. I gtg to work now, was nice talking to all of you guys. See ya later in other threads.
>>
>>37721346
posta fukkin pic and we'll tell u what's up little homie
>>
>>37721346
Some people just pull people to them and some don't.

It's not fair, but that's the works. Life's a bitch
>>
File: IMG_2013.png (46KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2013.png
46KB, 300x250px
>>37721346
The only reason I have friends is my work.

The only good thing about work is that it forces people who would never interact to be together, and it gives people a place and time to talk and bond daily without being weird.

Since this is r9k I'm assuming you don't have a job, so get one.

Just go in, do your work, and hopefully you will make some friends along the way.

Also, fucking talk to people. This goes for work and anywhere else. You can't just go into public and do things, or be involved in the community but don't strike up conversations with people.

Whenever I'm meeting new people, at say a dinner party, or a community park clean up, or a new job, just go start introducing yourself. It's fucking hard. BUT FUCKING DO IT ANYWAY!
Go shake everyone's Hand and say "hi I'm anon" and continue naturally from there.

Of course, ^^ this assumes you don't have a job.

If you do have a job and you work with other people, but can't make friends with them, then I have no advice for you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.