[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some non meme ways to get through severe depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: 1487553032360.png (267KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487553032360.png
267KB, 637x360px
What are some non meme ways to get through severe depression and loneliness?
>>
>>37720933

Friends. This is the only reason I socialize, it makes me feel human. Do you have a job/hobbies/friends?
>>
I don't exactly know because I'm going through the same shit anon. I do know I can distract myself with going outside. Hiking is good, since you can be all alone.
>>
>>37720933
I listen to girls on chsturbste and leave when they start masturbating.
>>
>>37720933
Set simple goals. Then make a plan to work towards them a little bit at a time. Having a goal, and the feeling that you are making progress will help combat the feeling that nothing matters and nothing will change. It could be as simple as cleaning up your apartment, or sticking to an exercise regimen.

It's not a guaranteed cure, but in my experience, you want to do something to fight the feeling that your current situation is permanent and you are helpless to change anything.
>>
>>37720962
No job or hobbies besides video games. I do have two internet friends. They are generally nice people but we barely talk and I feel like I cannot connect to them. They are normies. Each time I try to open up we cannot relate to each other. I have always struggled to make friends because of this, and I have tried dozens of times but it does not work out. I always feel left out among other people. The only friend I ever connected to ghosted me.
>>
>>37720933
cannabis. any other drug will make it worse

youll have something to do- it fills the void. People will bash me for this but it does help. Its a drug afterall- distracts, numbs, makes you think, gives you something to do.
Its just that the side effects are so little that you can just keep doing it without going mental. If you grow yourself it wont cost shit and youd have something else to channel autism into. Essentially never leave your house again anon.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-06-04-00h22m19s715.png (1018KB, 1920x1098px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-06-04-00h22m19s715.png
1018KB, 1920x1098px
>>37721057
Offer yourself to them. You have to initiate things, anon; you can't just wait.
>>
>>37720933
Just be yourself Anon. Try smiling.
>>
>>37720933
get /fit/ and try some new hobbies.

fishing is fun. you should probably get into that.
>>
Do you like people/normies ? I bet you dont. So theres no need to feel lonely. Sure it would be better to chill with another fellow robot but in the end chances are you will only meet normies all your life.

Why are you depressed ? loose all your dreams because they are built on lies.
>>
>>37721772
>fishing

>literally stare at the water waiting for shit to happen
>>
>>37720933
To overcome the world with Jesus Christ at your side. And trust in His eternal love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHeETl6yqY
>>
The only real advice I can give you is to sleep early and wake early. It makes a difference. The longer you stay up the more signs of depression that show up. If you wake up early , you also feel like having energy to do shit.
>>
>>37720933
Going outside and finding things you like to do, also therapy
>>
>>37722008
I don't believe. Your life is a lie
>>
>>37722012
>The longer you stay up the more signs of depression that show up.
That's not true.
>>
>>37721984
do you not do the same with your own life
>>
>>37720962
>>37721046
>>37721740
>>37721772
>>37722012
>>37722026

Fucking normies. You arent giving advice against depression but on how to be a normie.
I know its hard to understand 4 u but being a normie isnt the cure for robotdom. Robots despise you filth. They dont want to be like you, for you made them in the first place with your abominations
>>
>>37721984
>not enjoying the adrenaline rush of fighting a fish on the end of your line

that feeling compensates for the boring part.
>>
>>37720933

weed maybe? I just saw that simpsons episode where homer gets high and happy
>>
>>37722081
>>37721226
can you faggots stop suggesting this filth
>>
>>37722012
MEME

its not like you are supposed to sleep at a certain time. its about how long.
le structured day
i cant believe people still fall for this meme just like when the english brought it to their colonies.
>>
>>37722093

Why? I'm not even a stoner but reading about the benefits that it can have on someone's like op I don't see why he shouldnt try it, just don't overuse it.
>>
>>37722109
weed is for niggers are you a nigger nigga
>>
>>37722123
its funny how you yourself are the idiot you make stoners out to be
>>
>>37720933
Do bodyweight exercises at home (pushups, situps, planks, dips, butterfly kicks, pull ups, chin ups, etc)
Go cycling late at night for 1-2 hours, nighttime is perfect so you don't have to see any normies
Eat the right foods(fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, fish, whole grains,etc)
Get sunlight everyday, even if means just laying in the grass in your backyard with your eyes closed
Meditate at least 30 mins every day
Read books, not self help bullshit, but fiction, and non fiction topics that interest you
Do puzzles (sudoku, crossword)

If and only if after doing all this, if you feel up to it, take a walk around your neighborhood during the day.

You have to take very small steps in this process, don't feel as if everything must be done at once, one little step at a time.

I wish you the best anon...
>>
>>37722057
this. Anon if you want legit help or a talk give me your steam or something. The normies here make me sick
>>
>>37720933
Build something
Not memeing, this has helped me in the past
>>
>>37722172
I would like to anon but I don't have steam
>>
>>37722209
any other messaging thingy
>>
>>37722233
I have discord. What's yours?
>>
>>37722280
acc name: registeringwithoutemail?

i never used discord so add me ?
>>
>>37722354
I need your tag anon. It's 4 numbers under your name
>>
>>37722386

this massage is too low contetn
>>
>>37720933

>weed, lots of weed

but will only help numb the pain. a lot of it is ignoring the pain and moving on.

a lot of it is trying to figure out what's causing the problem.

honestly senpai it depends.

changing your view of the world works but you might realize that you are lying to your self.

see a doctor if you can, but honestly it's different for everyone.
>>
>>37722413
Okay, just send a friend request.
>>
>>37721740
> Try smiling
But my teeth are fucked up
>>
>>37720933

Do art, or make music. Keeps me grounded.
>>
>>37720933
Make YouTube videos about your depression and document it any way that you can. So that way people in a whole can observe you and understand what's wrong.
>>
>>37722057
I was deliberately saying it to be edgy you faggot. Fuck you. I hope you die. How can you be so retarded?
>>
anon there is absolutey NOTHING that ANYBODY struggling with depression or loneliness doesnt know about how to fix it - you know that you need to get a healthy diet and get some sunlight/do some stamina-related or/and weight-lifting excercises to shrink the physiological side of your depression - you absolutely know that you need to either use any of the internet contact sites like 4chan discord robot servers zeemap or you need to go to any irl public meet-ups related to your interests or any public lectures or events related to your interests. You already know since the beginning of your problems that these are the solutions that everybody obviously knows about but you choose to dismiss them as "meme" advice to get an easy excuse thats conveniently massively supported on r9k. So stop freaking pretending there is some magical arcane way to solve all these problems that only gets posted once in a decade by some chosen wizards
>>
>>37722837
>Have things that keep you interested.
>Still say that you have severe depression.

Nigga, in real depression you don't want to do ANYTHING. You are just memeing and just a little sad.
>>
>>37724073
This. Normies that give advice like "just work out" and "just get a hobby" have no idea what depression is
>>
get a job.
i work 50 to 60 hrs a week
keeps you distracted
>>
>>37724155
Lol yeah

>I am just soooo depressed, like seriously,
like I have to keep meeting with my friends,
keep myself busy with my job, go out,
work out, party and enjoy my hobbies
because without all of it, my depression
is like killing me.

>>
>>37724388
>I can't go to the game on friday and stacy just dumped me bro im depressed
>i swear i have social anxiety now
>>
get professional help
>>
wait it out.
eventually it goes away, or you get used to it.
>>
>>37722590
The wall does not give a fuck what they look like.
>>
Firstly, I just wanna say I have BPD and have had it all my life and as a result have also had Social Anxiety and Depression for the last 14 years. At the moment I can only assume the reason I'm doing so well right now is due to having a platform of release.

I make Electronic music, its all I have ever been good at and it provides this almost addicting amount of room to just release all my negativity. I use the pain and sorrow I used to feel and express it in the song, turn it into something positive, rather then letting it fester in my skull.

My point is find something you love, anything it doesn't matter, and channel your emotions into it. Almost shape into its polar opposite.

I hope that helps,
>>
Psychotherapy and medication.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.