[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: carry-cross-600x350[1].jpg (24KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
carry-cross-600x350[1].jpg
24KB, 600x350px
If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
>>
Tried Christianity once when i was a teenager, didn't work out too well. My father, who used to be a brilliant engineer, became a severe alchoholic after being divorced from my mom, and I prayed for him. I remember him falling to his knees and crying out to God to take the liquor away. He died alone in squalor a month later. If God exists he's surely an asshole.
>>
fuck off with your child molesting propaganda you stupid bible holder.
>>
I just wanna say how much I appreciate Christianity, there's nothing to lose in it, you could learn to good, learn to be happy, have hope in the world. Anyone who doesnt believe in God because 'there's no evidence' is entirely ignorant and doesnt understand the concept of faith
>>
all of it hinges on whether it is true or not
>>
>>37719734
Satan fuck jewsus through his hand-holes
>>
I've been reading scripture recently and trying to approach the idea of religion with an open mind. But it remains utterly incomprehensible to me.

>>37719853
>Anyone who doesnt believe in God because 'there's no evidence' is entirely ignorant and doesnt understand the concept of faith

Like this. This is an utterly alien mindset to me.
>>
>>37719909
that's because it's an exclusive theology. It has been twisted for some good by now but plenty of people still twist it to scam or hate others, because it's very easy to do so. They target loners or people who feel like they don't belong to society, hence the random posts here like OP's. Because they know how to manipulate people and make you feel like you belong to something. Don't buy into it. Please. I did and it fucked my life up once I wanted to get out/ turned me into a holier than thou shithead.
It's really all psychology and manipulation tactics. It'd be fine with me if they really cared about the poor/outcasts but too many churches send money to places that can enact anti gay and anti atheists laws or take it for themselves than actually helping the community.
>>
>>37719909
Its not about proving or disproving god, he has given us free will and would not force his existence on you. Its about putting your faith in a greater good, its a choice.
>>
>>37719865
Is shares the same general truths as Hinduism and Buddhism in regards to asceticism in denying the world.

>>37719909
I understand. Have you heard the Parable of the Sower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRehBbBTxbQ

>When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.