[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are normies so polarized now? its happened with going to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1497043896329.jpg (92KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1497043896329.jpg
92KB, 1080x1350px
why are normies so polarized now? its happened with going to the gym, people listening to rap - anything. they find something most people do and then make it their entire identity.
>>
>>37718411
it's just an extent of the depressed modern world.
today's culture has eliminated so many identifiers people once held dearly. national pride is now considered racist, religion is seen as outdated, the family is slowly falling apart, and even the economy fails to give people the necessary participation in the world. a lack of participation is probably the best way to summarize it. with the globalization of the world, one's impact on a community seems entirely negligible. no longer can someone take pride in the fact that they are a member of their society--they don't create an effect as obvious as someone would in a small community ~5- years ago.
so, they create new communities. they identify with hobbies and interests rather than interactions. they try to talk to their gymbros or whatever to make up for that lack of community. we even do it on 4chan.
>>
>>37718529
I bet you like to jerk off into your own mouth
>>
>>37718411
thats just your perception from a very surface level. I'm sure they look at r9k and go "lol all robots hate women and hate themselves, thats the identity theyve chosen."
>>
>>37718529
>National pride is now considered racist
no one considers national pride racist, an overt racial pride can be though. Saying "I'm a happy and strong-willed person because I'm an American and was brought up with American values" is different than "I'm a happy and strong-willed person because I'm -insert race- and was born with the best genes."

Though since we're on the subject, nations are a man-made concept and patriotism is inherently autistic.
>>
>>37718529
That was a good post. Think of all the new "communities" that have replaced real communities

People lacth on to anything for an identity cartoons, fitness, tech, musical taste, videogames etc
>>
>>37718618
laws are a man-made concept, are they autistic?
>>
We always lived in a world of extremes.
The only difference is the progression of technology.

Before, news/information was catered to the masses via newspaper, radio, then television.
The advent of the home computer wrought news/information upon all of us.
People haven't changed, but due to the overwhelming magnitude of information, some people are quicker to subscribe to one source than others. Because of this, people are exposed to many differing points of view, while simultaneously holding their old ways. And because people are slow to change, we either find ourselves stuck in a rut of misinformation, clawing the millions of sources to find the truth, or gloating our smug selves with satisfaction when we find enough information to support our claims.

All in all, people just don't know how to think for themselves, and the internet makes things complicated for ourselves.
>>
>>37718618
>nations are a man-made concept and patriotism is inherently autistic
that sentence was gayer than shit on a mustache
>>
>>37718411
Jesus, Iskra Lawrence is the ideal female form.
>>
>>37718529
>>37718655
The identity crisis stems very well from the inability to think for one's self, and I stated in >>37718686

If the world is become a more diverse place, people are clamoring to find just one thing to latch on to, and dedicate themselves toward it... Rather than branch themselves out.
>>
a lot of people seemed to latch on to social media to give themselves identity, but that has genuine consequences due to the passage of time. what was a pretty common opinion 10 years ago is now considered absolutely offensive edgelord stuff

try watching tv shows from the 90s, the most benign topical comments about gays or promiscuity would be furiously condemned by social justice people on social media

as a result, people camouflage their actual identity and just bee themselveszz online where it's safe and anonymous
>>
>>37718669
>nations are a man-made concept
>patriotism is autistic
I don't know why you felt the need to mismatch what I said? Patriotism being autistic does not mean that nations are.

Going off what I said in an actual logical manner, laws are not autistic but fierce devotion to them over what is in the best interest of the people is.

>>37718706
is shit on a mustache gay?
>>
>>37718411
It makes it easy to relate to people like you. It's the same reason you're on r9k
>>
>>37718804
Stop trying to sound intelligent, you used the word "autistic" as if it was a legitimate criticism.
>>
>>37718887
Sorry, that was offensive.
>>
>>37718552
I like to jerk off into your mouth.
>>
>>37718669
What man created gravity?
>>
>>37719059
Isaac Newton, dumb ass.
>>
File: 3_big.jpg (183KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3_big.jpg
183KB, 800x1200px
>>37718529
I grew up in a small town with about 1,000 people in it. The nearest city was 4 hours away and the nearest mall is 2 hours away.

It definitely had an organic culture, but I never took pride in being apart of a "community". I sort of think that the "Rural life" and "Nationalism giving your life meaning" stuff is just a meme on /pol/

Literally all I ever thought was "holy fucking shit I wish there were more girls/music in thins town, fuck".
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.