[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fry emotional circuits? I don't want to feel pain anymore.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1471244459236.jpg (7KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
1471244459236.jpg
7KB, 226x223px
How to fry emotional circuits? I don't want to feel pain anymore.
>>
>>37717778
One word, antidepressants.
>>
>>37717778
you cannot do that.

you can only get high and then have comedowns and withdrawals

what's the matter, cant' handle life? Are you some kind of emotional pussy?
>>
>>37717809
Cool, I know where I can get some
>>37717841
No, and yes
>>
Xanax all day
>>
>>37717778
lots of shitty stuff happening to you in your life will numb you naturally

i think i'm like 90% there
>>
>>37717911
I thought I was there man but I'm starting to get feelings again and it sucks.
>>
>>37717926
whats going on anon?
>>37717894
i think im gonna schedule an appointment with my doctor (medicaid) and ask him to put me on xanax, he probably won't though if i specifically ask for it
>>
750 ml of vodka a day
>>
I'm schizoid. Just be happy you have emotions. I try to feel emotions once a day, but it doesn't work.
>>
>>37717936
Nah it's really controlled. Say you have panic attacks or something
>>
>>37717936
I came to the realisation that my life sucks and I've always tried to compensate for it with hobbies to try to be happy but the misery is catching up to me, especially when it comes to the crushing realisation that I will most likely die alone and won't make it to 30 before I blow my brains out all over these walls. No one knows about any of my feelings by the way and I hope it stays like that, save myself from the embarrassment. I've been humiliated numerous times and everyone seems to shit on me.
>>
>>37717778
Beta blockers

They're actually called that, yes
>>
File: 1494305560693.jpg (24KB, 258x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494305560693.jpg
24KB, 258x203px
>>37717778
Emotions are formulated via thought.
Eliminate the start of the chain, and you won't be in pain.

Moderate negative thoughts as they likely give-way to negative emotions.

No-one pays you to feel personal pain.
>>
>>37717936
Also I cried for a few hours straight today because of that realisation, I haven't cried in years.
>>
>>37717778

Train your mind to not see people as people, but as objects. Things that just move through space and act in a preprogrammed manner. Start trying to predict people's behavior and what they will say. Once you start to see people as objects, that will do a lot to cut down your emotions. Objects cannot act with purpose, they simply do what they do. So how can they hurt you? Everyone is an automoton and everything around you is predetermined. Enjoy the ride. It's your last one.
>>
File: 1487148715628.png (124KB, 244x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487148715628.png
124KB, 244x311px
>>37718128
>>37717778
I, for one, like to utilize mindfulness.
We're nothing more than wild-animals.

Use that to dispel thought.
>>
>>37717778
Block as much negative shit from your awareness as you can. Keep your body healthy since it affects your mind. Remember that some days are better than others without any apparent reason.
>>
>>37718079
Oh wow, the answer is obvious.
Stop being around people.
>>
>>37717778
BENZOS

TAKE BENNIES
>>
>>37718142

Also, stop your internal monologue. Stop using words to coalesce your thoughts. Words are what focus and create your feelings. No thoughts, your mind is blank. No talking to yourself ever. You'll see that the feelings will begin to fade. Our advanced cognition is due to our use of language. If you cut out your inner cognition, you'll cut out a great deal of your capacity for suffering.
>>
>>37718145
>>37718128
here

>>37718165
This is another good thing to do. When I'm forced to look at something that's negative, I search for the good in it instead.

If there is none, I simply look elsewhere.

There's nothing worth anything in hurting yourself by staring into the limitless void that is the negative in this existence.
>>
OP here, thanks everyone that replied with such thoughtful posts, this is a pretty good thread.
>>
>>37718186
Yeah I get that maybe my problems don't look that bad to you, but I think they'd get worse if I wasn't getting that human interaction. What do you think? Should I just do it?
>>
Have a goal in life.
Find a reason for your suffering that gives you comfort.
>>
>>37718448
I have goals, I could be working harder on them though. If I just drowned myself in my goals and cut myself off of people, will I be ok?
>>
>>37718079
yeah i started feeling like that a lot recently too, the most real thing i can tell you is that no one in the world cares about you besides your family, it sucks but it's how it is, people only care about money

i am sorry for replying late i had a few drinks and was not at home
>>
>>37718448
>Find a reason for your suffering

That's pointless. It's better to not suffer in the first place.
>>
>>37717778
you really haven't spent enough time here if that is how you feel.
>>
>>37719886
I guess I don't know, I've been here since 2014
>>
>>37719526
I was told that before by an officer who I was having a casual conversation with, interesting you would say that also
>>
>>37720046
can you go more into detail

it's just how i feel from being alive and having medical problems and medical bills, no one gives a shit and no one cares
>>
>>37720119
well he said that his friends were never there for him when he really needed them and that only his family seemed to give a shit about his feelings and showed affection.

I guess I take family for granted but come to think of it I'm lucky I have a good enough family as is anyway.

how'd you come to the conclusion that no one gave a shit or cared while you were having medical problems?
>>
>>37720239
because of how people treat you, no one shows any sympathy or respect, they just want your money, i'm being totally honest, no one gives a fuck unless it's a rare case where someone is in a job where they help others like working at a shelter or a non profit place, no one gives a fuck
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.