[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when you die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 0a51a56d41dc72bead0523790bb41d63.jpg (937KB, 800x1140px) Image search: [Google]
0a51a56d41dc72bead0523790bb41d63.jpg
937KB, 800x1140px
I'm scared of dying, because I'm afraid that you don't actually die at all. I don't mean an afterlife, let me explain.

Your consciousness only exists within a certain amount of time, and will be terminated in death. Even though we perceive it to be so, time isn't actually linear. Which means your consciousness will always exist within the bound of time that is your life? So your consciousness keeps marching forward in time, what happens when it reaches the end of the line? You can't experience the cessation of you consciousness, because once it's gone there's nothing to experience. What you're trapped in that last second for "eternity"? It's not possible to imagine. If death was just like going to sleep but forever that'd be fine but I'm afraid it's not. If time isn't linear but your consciousness is, isn't that horrifying?

I'm scared.
>>
>>37717697
niggeroid i suddenly felt a light headedness and vertigo while reading this
you might be on to something
>>
>>37717762
i hate to ruin your fun but you getting a headache at the same time as reading something doesn't magically make it something profound or special, and also if that was true you wouldn't be given a sign like a headache to notify you of it being true either
>>
I like to think I'll get a dying fantasy at the end of this but then again that's wishfull thinking.
>>
>>37717697
You get the best dreamless deep sleep you could never imagine.

Faggot.
>>
>>37717837
If it were like that I'd be fine with it but I think that's wishful thinking.
>>
>>37717799
>lightheaded
>vertigo
>same as a headache
I hate to ruin it for you but you might be retarded and lack reading comprehension
>>
>>37717850
So what happens, you tell me.
Because when i die i want to be done with consciousness. Forever. I hate it. Consciousness is wicked. I want eternal sleep no dreams baby no nightmares. No more perceptions and sensations, no more thoughts i've fucking had it. Peace is all i ever wanted. So fuck consciousness. I hope it disappears forever and never reemerges. Bam
>>
>>37717697
I thought our consciousness was just electrical neural impulses and chemicals. When the brain ceases to function wouldn't there just be nothing?
>>
>>37717697

I've thought about this. It is possible that the final moment of your life goes on in a kind of asymptote towards the end of time. It could slow down time until it's near imperceptible. One thing I am certain, my suffering will not end in this life. Whatever evil demon has created us has made this world for suffering. And it will not come to an end, ever.
>>
>>37717922
I don't think you can be done with consciousness. It's not like sleep, it's like you in 1850. Sleep, even dreaming is unconsciousness, which is far different from nonexistence. You can't experience the cessation of consciousness.
>>
>>37717922
Oblivion is not the same as being in a deep sleep you utter simpleton.
In death you cease to exist. This is something you literally can not comprehend.
Can you recall the events of what happened before you were born
>>
When you die it will be EXACTLY like it was before you were born.

And as I recall, it was extremely comfy having no memories or thoughts.

When I was like 2-3, I stuck my finger in a see saw and my entire finger nail came clean off. I don't remember anything about it or the pain. The only thing I have on my body to remind me of that is a faded mark on my index finger.

Having no consciousness is extremely comfy.
>>
>>37718120
So its incomprehensible. It simply can't be grasped by consciousness because it lies outside the bounds of consciousness. Gotcha, just like a DEEP SLEEP with NO DREAMS. Right?
>>
File: IMG_1604.png (82KB, 1108x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1604.png
82KB, 1108x1009px
You will never sleep forever OP. You can't experience or perceive being dead, just like you can't remember what it was like before being born. The way I see it even though you die you'll just start experiencing and perceiving the only thing you can all over again: life. Of course you won't be the "you" you were before but a part of what was once you might be used the construction of other organics and in one of these that piece of you might be the mind of said life. The interim might be millions upon millions of years later or after the heat death, collapse and rexpansion of the universe after being crushed to the size of a ball point pen.

The ride never ends. We can only hope that through countless dice rolls of dying and recycling we might come to something akin to Godhood or 4th dimensional beings that lets us break this cycle.
>>
>>37718454
Yeah i came to a similar conclusion at a younger age. I would like to believe in something more substantial, though what you say is reasonable from a perspective of intuition. But atlas, i am mentally incongruent and have a hard time sticking with an afterdeath belief. So wishy washy me :3
>>
>>37718385
In deep sleep you're still alive, parts of your brain are still running, even if you're not dreaming.
>>
>>37718168
>it will be EXACTLY like it was before you were born

So the fags can't marry again? Awesome
>>
>>37718168
It wasn't comfy. There was no "you" to be comfy. You can only think of it as comfy from your perspective of being alive now. You can't exist outside of consciousness you can never have the comfiness of death.
>>
>>37717697
I'm a sort of on the other side of this, I am terrified of things ending in a non-existance state. I just find no comfort in there being nothing upon dying. I need here to be something after, I'm not picky what it is, either it heaven, or being reborn in another life, or even just wandering the earth as a roaming soul. I just can't make peace with Nothing after death, thats why I'm afraid of dying. Though my feeling on the matter don't well matter, when I die, either I get what I want, or everything is nothing, and I don't care anymore, because I no longer exist.

>>37718454
hell I'd even be fine with this, knowing that at some point I'd be "pulled out" of death again, sort of sounds like to be reincarnation which suits me fine.
>>
File: Beautiful Christianity 081.jpg (457KB, 2048x1387px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful Christianity 081.jpg
457KB, 2048x1387px
>>37717697
You will sleep for a while till resurrection and then will be judged for your deeds and either be in Christ's light forever or your soul will fold in on itself in torment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjrsqJaLDOg
>>
>>37717697
Femanon here
Youre pretty stupid anon
>>
>>37719247
>femanon here
Is this the new "original"?
>>
>>37717697
probably fucking nothing
it'll be a dissapointment like everything else
>>
>>37717697
I dont think that will happen anon but its a very interesting concept at least. I think your conciousness just dissapears. That said, we know little about life and conciousness (how did they even came to be in the first place, why the heck did inorganic matter suddenly had this desire to remain?) so we cant get a right answer.
>>
>literally believing in concepts such as "souls" and "afterlife"

get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.pptx
>>
>>37719499
>concepts such as "souls" and "afterlife"
I believe in neither of those things, read posts before you respond.
>>
Your self dies. However your self is only a illusion. At no point "you" exist. Your personality is shaped by your surroundings. You die but consciousness doesnt. Essentially "you" will live through every being. See how we are hitting the limits of language ?
>>
>>37719567
Fucking hippies
nihnoh
>>
the secret is don't give a fuck if you die, just give a fuck if said death is painful and unsavory.
>>
>>37719567
lol yeah devaluate the argument by an insult

fact is its true.
>consciousness isnt universal
It is. Consciousness is; as one would guess, the ability to perceive your surroundings. Its literally the universe experiencing itself.
>>
>>37719674
meant for >>37719606

orgasmo
>>
life has no essence or intrinsic value, and we only perpetuate our lives through desire and illusion. death is, essentially, the removal of the means by which our lives are kept in motion. consciousness is the carrot while our physical living is the horse, and our meaningless existential struggle is the stick. we keep moving because our conscience, the "carrot", urges us forth, but the stick the carrot is attached to- our journey in our livelihood- is what keeps us from completely fulfilling the psychological "wants" and "needs" assigned to us by our minds.
>>
>>37719674
The universe doesn't have a consciousness, It exists in your brain and dies with you. Only animals with brains have consciousness in varying degrees. There is no reason to think otherwise except because it sounds deep.
>>
>>37719733
>you arent part of the universe

tell me more

you didnt get what i was saying at all. I think you are the one trying to sound legit
>>
>>37719776
I am part of the universe, yes. This means something because?
>>
>>37719793
so its the universe experiencing itself
>>
>>37719827
Being part of the universe doesn't make me the universe. What you're saying is just the twisting of technicalities to make something sound more difficult than it is, and any further argument delves into semantics.
>>
>>37717697
you become a faggot but in heaven
>>
>>37719876
>sound more meaningful
fixed
>>
>>37719876
now you are just in denial
>>
>>37719895
>you're just in denial
Very good argument you've got there.
>>
>>37719567
I'm not entirely sure what you just said, or more it's implications. Though really I can run with what I think your saying, so long as it's not non-existence, I'm cool with that.
>>
there is no such thing as your consciousness, consciousness is a universal property that applies to every thing in this universe that takes in sensory information and acts on it. You are really the same consciousness as me, the only reason we perceive there to be two separate consciousnesses right now is that we are two separate beings with different brains that are disconnected from eachother. If we were to connect our brains, there wouldn't be two consciousnesses experiencing the same things, we would simply merge into one. Neither of us would die, the universal consciousness would just inhabit our double brain instead of the two of them separately. Likewise, if I were to cut my brain in half (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain), two new consciousnesses would spawn out of the original. Both of them would think they were me, and in fact they would be the same consciousness as each other (and everything else), they just wouldn't realize it because they no longer have the physical means to experience what the other brain is experiencing, just as I don't with you.

Now what happens after I die? Who knows, maybe the universal consciousness moves "my" awareness onto some other being, and then he would think he is a separate conscious entity with no connection to me. He as a physical being couldn't possibly know that a higher consciousness is really experiencing every other reality at the same time, because the body he inhabits would only experience what the physical brain allows him to
>>
>>37720397
thank you for typing this out. Thought people might be a little brighter and figure it out by themselves.

Oh well here you have it.
>>
>>37717697
Let's say that you know with certainty that you will be tased at some point in the future. How would you react to that fact?
>>
>>37720397
You're right except for the idea that there is a universal consciousness.
>>
>>37720488
Kill yourself before the taser can get you.
>>
>>37720397
>One half of body in hell
>one in heaven

Damn that's spooky
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.