[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me find the answer to life.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1491885167551.jpg (209KB, 874x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491885167551.jpg
209KB, 874x1024px
TLDR: Why are we consciously aware of our existence. This is also a general philosophy and meta analysis of existence.

The question that really bothers me about existence is why are we able to be perceptively aware of our existence. I can understand why our personalities and actions are linked directly to the physical qualities of our body but why we are able to actually make conscious sense of it.

>inb4 god is the reason why. Give a detailed reason why you think religion explains something.
>pic unrelated but does give motivation to life.
>>
there's no reason for anything, now quit being a bitch.
>>
File: hmmm.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
9KB, 420x420px
>>37716656

Hmm. Do you think animals are conscious of their existence as well? And their fleeting lifespans?
>>
Consciousness is basically impossible to define and trying to reason about it is a waste of time.
>>
I believe you're all alive because you'd receive sexual gratification from pleasuring my penis.
>>
>>37716656
You're just a normal who thinks he's "deep" by contemplating the meaning of life. There is none. There that's your fucking answer. Go waste your time thinking about something else now
>>
>>37716763
I have considered this more than a few times, and I always reflect that on my dog.
>>
>>37716780
No its not, because my being feels a pleasurable sensation mentally and physically when formulating the right answers. Also for what its worth we don't know if what we do isn't worth it or not.
>>
>>37716804
also you refer to >>37716866
>>
>>37716763
actually I do believe my dogs ability to be conscious and think is incomparable to what humans experience. Our experience is just one of many on earth amongst various animals and organisms.
>>
>>37716656
Parasyte devolved into Birdemic-levels of preachiness, but the transformation scenes were excellent and the morals weren't necessarily wrong.

Our responsibility is to protect the environment. Life is a beautiful thing and we should protect it. If you disagree, then you're being edgy and I'm done with you. If you don't think this adequately answers the question, feel free to respond.
>>
>>37716993

But we're all connected anon. Biologically we all share so many more similarities than differences with everything else that lives. I would think animals are a good object of study.
>>
File: 80 million.png (191KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
80 million.png
191KB, 482x600px
It doesn't sound like anyone here has any knowledge of philosophy, nihilism is a meme, environmentalism is obvious, dogs aren't self fucking conscious, everything you do matters.

Now give this some consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis
>>
>>37717245
>I watched some jordan peterson videos and got sucked into his garbled speeches about symbolism he got from jung
>now I'm a hero in my own story and everything I do matters though I can't tell you how or why

jordan peterson is just a bitter ex christian chewing over the existence of god because he has no faith and doesn't want to be an uncool christian in the current year
>>
I think humans populating and existing are as comparable to fungus growing on moss. Humans are just like anything else that try to fight for survival and we our actions are just a product of our physical being. We happen to do bad things because we react to them negatively. Life is curious.
>>
>>37717282
what makes you think he's an "ex-christian"
>>
>>37717245
Nihilists (the edgy kind) love to load their arguments with philosophy buzzwords to make themselves sound smart. So I don't go out of my way to learn special names for things I know.
>>
>>37717097
I don't think its necessarily our responsibility because we are nature ourselves. We do bad things because thats just what our perception shows us.
>>
>>37717302
human beings down't just do things for survival though

why are you on here, does this contribute to your survival?
>>
>>37717340
he admitted it, his entire career is the result of him figuring out whether god exists
>>
>>37717282
First of all, I'm sorry I upset you somehow and that I brought a philosopher into the question of philosophy.

I don't share his beliefs but they're fucking interesting. It seems to be you who "can't tell you how or why" Jordan is wrong, but if you would like my opinions I'd be happy to share them with you.

So please, tell me without further ad hominem, why you disagree with him, what your opinions are and if you would like to hear mine.
>>
Why is the sky blue? Why are rocks hard? Why is water wet? That's really what you're asking...

The more important question is: What will you do with what you have?
>>
>>37717466
I don't know where you picked up I'm upset but I'm not.

In fact I'm quite happy.

I'm going to die soon for very good concrete reasons.
>>
>>37717353
How did you get 'we don't have to protect nature' from 'we are a part of nature'?

You also said we do bad things because our senses tell us these things are bad. I will accept this as true, but I am afraid you will extend this to mean 'I don't have to care about whether an action is good or bad'.
>>
>>37717506 Argue with strangers

>>37717552
So you're not upset, good to hear. What about the rest of my response?

Sounds like you have no solid ground to stand on
>>
>>37717588
your first part of the statement relies on the second part. There is no real right or wrong and we are as much a part of it as anything else. So its not our responsibility because we weren't destined to really do anything other than what we are capable of and unfortunately to us, it does hurt our earth.

Then again what happens on earth is meaningless because its such a small spec in the universe and its action.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.