[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Introvert confidence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Reac 180.png (732KB, 1046x578px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 180.png
732KB, 1046x578px
Can you appear confident and assertive ("Alpha") while being somewhat introverted?
>>
>>37713702
you cant be confident if you never break out of your shell, no point in being alpha if there is no one to recognize your status as a alpha male
>>
>>37713702
yes. but you have to be it in a constructive way. like studying a hard stuff or a subject that gives you happyness.
>>
I do it all the time as a INFJ. It's a matter of liking time to yourself while at the same time not being shy to say what you want.
>>
File: 0068.jpg (32KB, 465x233px) Image search: [Google]
0068.jpg
32KB, 465x233px
You can try the Sigma male meme. You better get your lazy ass to lifting and read about books on psychological manipulation.

We /psycho/ now.
>>
Is it possible in general? Probably.

Can I, specifically, do that? Fuck no.
>>
>>37713702
Not really.

Part of being alpha is asserting dominance, but it's hard to do that or show that if you don't talk with anyone.
>>
>>37713702
Yeah in short bursts.
Doing it all the time is draining. Big temptation to make an excuse and disappear suddenly.
>>
>>37713702
yes, if you feel superior.
I'm a rather autistic uni student.
Last year it was my first time talking to girls for long periods of time and I became a prick.
Way to assertive because I was confident of my grades. I suppose it led me to looking like a shitter.
>>
Why would you be concerned about being alpha?
>>
>>37713702
Introversion is not an immutable personality trait. It's unknowable as to whether you particularly can go from shy and avoidant to confident and charismatic, but some people certainly do.
>>
>>37713702

Yes, because you can work on strengthening your character and cultivating an "alpha" mindset regardless of your attitude towards social interaction. Work on yourself and everything will else will follow, become a slave to the expectations and desires of others and you'll never have self-respect or inspire respect in others, regardless of whether you "talk a lot".
>>
>>37714560

And just to be clear I know being an introvert or extrovert is more than just how much you talk
>>
>>37714560
>work on yourself and don't care about what others think of you
This is awful advice and you're clearly a normie who's never struggled very much with social interaction.

Read self help books about manipulating people, follow popular trends, and practice talking to people. Being well read on great literature might impress some girls but it won't help you with social interaction, neither will most methods of self improvement.
>>
>>37713702
Appearing confident, in my eyes, is a spectrum rather than a binary switch. On both ends of the spectrum you have the intended end result, which is appearing confident to the casual observer. Between those two points is the failure to appear confident. That means that there are two routes to confidence: you can either go the traditional "max confidence" route of being a dick-waving, self-aggrandising Chad or you can go the "min confidence" route of being so unattached from the perceptions of others and popular opinion that you're willing to do and say whatever the fuck you want out of the realisation that it really doesn't matter either way.

The latter option is the one I believe most robots should strive towards. It is the cyborg to the former option's chad. If confidence is all in the mind, then it can be thought of as simply internalising rather than externalising.
>>
>>37713937
>books on psychological manipulation

Do you have any to recommend?
>>
>>37714683
This is awful advice and you're clearly a normie who's never struggled very much with social interaction.

Wrong. I haven't had friends since middle school, and I view socializing with most people as an unpleasant hindrance that I try to avoid. That being said, years of social alienation have in turn made me unflappable when it comes to caring about how others perceive me. The effect of removing that burden has ironically (or maybe not) made me more decisive and confident in my own abilities.

I guess not everyone actually has that innate competence that pulls through for them when they've lost the inhibitions to rely on it, and god knows I haven't been 100% successful in life either, but I least I've learned to trust myself first and deal with the consequences of failure, by myself.

That's what I mean by "work on yourself" generally, but I know that's half-baked advice by itself. Maybe you need some kind of schizoid personality or something.
>>
>>37713702
yes. im confident im going to remain an introvert.
>>
>>37714910
I was wrong about you, have a good night.
>>
File: Reac 172.png (351KB, 266x450px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 172.png
351KB, 266x450px
>>37713967
Can't you talk occasionally and do it?

>>37714683
>Read self help books about manipulating people, follow popular trends, and practice talking to people. Being well read on great literature might impress some girls but it won't help you with social interaction, neither will most methods of self improvement.

Any recommendations?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also how do you chime into a conversation? I have a hard time jumping in and talking about normal things like drama and conversations about other people. It's especially bad in groups of 4+ people.
>>
>>37715007
>Any recommendations?

How to Make Friends and Influence People

It's actually not about forming authentic friendships, it's about manipulating human psychology to make acquaintances and strangers like you, or at the least the persona you assume when you deal with them.
>>
>>37715090

Read it already. Sounds kinda "beta" and doormat-like.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.