[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people act like working in fast food or retail is easy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: part time.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
part time.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Why do people act like working in fast food or retail is easy?
>>
Because they have a superiority complex.
>>
They've never done it
>>
>>37708071
Easy doesn't mean effortless. Trained monkeys could do these jobs, where it would be impossible to teach them how to do a real job. Wagies are basically just cheap trained monkeys anyway.
>>
Because any retard can do it, just because retard finds something difficult does not mean it is.
>>
>>37708071
Because it is easy
>>
>>37708120
This. They're only "easy" in the sense that they're unskilled and you can do them with minimal training. But anyone who's had to work at a busy fast food place during a rush knows that it can fucking suck more than other kinds of work that pay better. I'd much rather spend an eight hour shift painting rooms than making sandwiches. It requires more training, but it's much more pleasant.
>>
>>37708163

Easy when there's a few customers to deal with. Hectic when tons of customers show up and the restaurant is understaffed.
>>
god i hate japanese people

fucking die

backward gook fucks.
>>
It might not be easy, but it's the easiest thing you'll ever get someone to pay you for doing.

No skillz, no frillz.
>>
>>37708071
Because literally anyone can do it, even retards.

It's not an easy job in the sense that it's effortless, it's easy in the sense it doesn't require being smarter than average or having spent 5/10 years of studying/training to do it.
>>
I mean it's not hard.
Annoying, maybe, but its pretty fucking simple.
>>
File: 1487451730898.png (109KB, 631x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487451730898.png
109KB, 631x595px
Doing the actual job is relatively simple, but how to deal with angry customers is a mystery to me. My normie co-workers just say shit like, "lol just keep smiling at them" but that's hard to do when they're yelling right in your fucking face.
>>
>>37709070
You should cry and make the customers feel bad for being dicks. Or they might laugh about it. Either way you win.
>>
i started a fast food job, they didn't bother training me in all the different burgers, so they keep throwing me in to help when it is busiest and it is difficult to learn in that environment

sucks
>>
>>37709179

I do cry all the time. They don't care and just use it to pile on more insults. I don't know how I win.
>>
>>37709202
You could spit in their face or threaten their family.
>>
>>37709198

Actual training is time consuming and costs money. They'd rather just throw people in, and if you fuck up too much and get fired there's a billion other applicants who are ready to take your place anyway.
>>
>>37709198
>they didn't bother training me in all the different burgers
Gee, if only there was a place where you could access all the information you needed and train yourself in the intricate art of burger flipping.

Wagecucks, when will they learn?
>>
>>37709179
>>37709070
>Not taking emotional gradifaction about someone having shitty time
>>
I don't know OP. I've been in retail for a little over three years at Target and I don't think it's hard. Really it's more boring than anything else.
>>
>>37708071
to maintain the narrative that workers in that domain don't deserve enough money to live
>>
>>37708327
I worked in one of the most popular chick fil a's in my state for a good year and we were always understaffed

It was still easy

Maybe you're just a lazy fat fuck
>>
>>37709202
Stop crying you little wuss
>>
What if we give employees something to study at home so they have something to look over before going to work?
>>
They're easy as in requiring little skill or training. Not easy in that it's constant fast paced low wage bullshit where everyone is always irritable.
>>
File: 1496158722496.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496158722496.png
335KB, 633x758px
>tfw hair trigger temper makes me incompatible with retail or fast food

I just can't and won't do this simpering spineless smile and be nice shit. The customer is not always right. In fact the customer is almost always wrong and the customer must be corrected.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.