[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one (1) rational reason to shave. Why do Normies waste

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15

File: impeach god.jpg (827KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
impeach god.jpg
827KB, 1536x2048px
Give me one (1) rational reason to shave.

Why do Normies waste time and money on hair removal? It's a completely arbitrary social meme.
>>
>>37700375
I do it because my face gets itchy
>>
>>37700411
Fair enough, that's a legitimate reason.
My face doesn't itch, so I never shave.
>>
it feels kind of unnatural not to have facial hair, how can normalfags stand it?
>>
File: breathing-apparatus-250x250.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
breathing-apparatus-250x250.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
You're losing seal in breathing apparatus.
Nothing gives me a bigger kek than seeing some nu-male suffocate to death because he couldn't wear his EEBD properly with his face pubes and samurai ponytail.
>mfw sound of torn hair when those cucks take the mask off
>>
>>37700375
The need to shave a lot (being clean shaven) is associated more with masculinity

having long beards show that you either are effeminate or don't fit in with social norm which is autistic.

if you don't fit in with social norm for a fashionable reason(like being in a band or being famous or something) than it's not autistic
>>
>>37700432
Most people don't wear breathing apparatus*.

* The Latin plural of the noun apparatus is actually apparatus. The vowel lengthens in the plural, but that's not usually reflected in the spelling. This is because it's fourth declension.
>>
You're literally trading efficiency for superficial manifestation of your """"personality""""
Hair and beard make everything harder, more vulnerable (good luck grabbing someone by the hair when he's buzzcut). It's literally the same thing as wearing earrings.
>>
File: 1496261979317.png (2KB, 163x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496261979317.png
2KB, 163x209px
>>37700462
>beards are effeminate
those are impressive mental gymnastics
>>
>>37700462
>than
>abnormal = autism
Were you raised by /b/?
>>
>>37700500

Ignore that beardlet, it's just sour grapes because he has a patchy pube beard
>>
>>37700500
did you not read what I said before that? The need to not shave is associated with masculinity.
>>
File: 1493635348967.jpg (105KB, 666x660px) Image search: [Google]
1493635348967.jpg
105KB, 666x660px
>>37700473
>Most people don't wear breathing apparatus
But they should. Blowout soon, fellow stalker.
>>
>>37700510
haha I can probably get a better beard than you with that projection, I just like stubble
>>
>>37700495
>just leaving hair be is the same thing as going through a procedure to wear decorative jewelry
should we start shaving all our body hair off to make ourselves more aerodynamic?
>>
>>37700501
autism -correlated- abnormality
>>
I don't look good with facial hair.
>>
>>37700500
numales have ruined beards for pretty much everyone
>>
>>37700513
Both needing to shave a lot (i.e. excessive beard growth) and having a beard itself are associated with masculinity you silly man.
>>
>>37700513
>>37700500

fuck my sperginess, the need to shave is usually associated with masculinity therefore it's more masculine to shave is seen as more masculine.
When you wear a beard it comes off as an insecurity of masculinity because of this.
>>
>>37700375
I have to shave because of a skin condition. The sides of my jaw are primarily where I grow facial hair with a bald spot in the middle and if I let it grow those spots turn blood red and start growing scales and it gets so itchy that it bleeds and I break out into hives. If I grow a beard and touch my face at all it will break into hives.
>>
>>37700571
No it just comes across as scruffy.
>>
>>37700375
Because i'll rather be clean shaved than looking like a nu-male faggot.
>>
File: 1493302811784.jpg (76KB, 693x490px) Image search: [Google]
1493302811784.jpg
76KB, 693x490px
>>37700565
I can't believe that infograph spamming faggot actually managed to meme the word 'numale' into existence.
>>
>>37700597
>>37700571
>>37700544
>caring what people think of you
Slaves.
>>
>>37700608
tf are you talking about. numale has been lingo for a while you dumdum
>>
>>37700510
This is like someone with acne deriding people with a clear face.
>>
>>37700500
Have you not seen all of the scrawny, tattooed, and effeminate numales lately?
>>
>>37700610
fuckin sperg
>>
>>37700375

I dont know about you but I start to get nuts if my hair grows a little too big. I only slack a little on my mongol/mook looking retarded beard sometimes, but even that I cant stand.
>>
>>37700610
i care what I think of me, not other people.
i know what looks/style i appreciate and i go with that because it makes me feel nice. i like feeling nice. so i shave. being clean shaven makes me feel nice.
>>
>>37700614
>tv
Go back to facebook, dumb nigger.
>>
>>37700636
who said I was tv lmao
>>
>>37700610
It's more about aesthetic really.
>>
>>37700614
>a while
How long is "a while" to you? Some bender went around c. 2015 onto different boards and started spamming his 'numale' infographic. It was hardly used at all before that point.
>>
>>37700626
They are effeminate in spite of their beard, their beard doesn't make them effeminate. Not everything faggy people do is 'feminine', feminine is associated with females not faggy males.
>>
>>37700666
>2 years
>not a while

lmao how much of a nu male are you really?
>>
File: 1496859614124.jpg (82KB, 511x601px) Image search: [Google]
1496859614124.jpg
82KB, 511x601px
>>37700610
you forgot your picture lmao
>>
>>37700693
no but they try to project masculinity by getting a beard, this is why beards are not fashionable these days
>>
>>37700698
>2 years
>not recent
how nu r u then?
>>
>personal comfort/preference
>inability to grow a "proper" beard
>aesthetics

Also, how much "time and money" do you think most people expend on shaving? I'll give you a hint, it's very little
>>
>>37700411
this, also my facial hair looks like shit
>>
>>37700375
If you don't look like Richard Stallman then how can you honestly think of yourself as a robot?
>>
>Arbitrary social memes are not important.

They do it so they can identify people like you.
>>
>>37700916
>capitalizing in greentext
somewhat poetic
>>
>>37700916
OP here.
Fair enough, even though I fail to see why social memes without tangible, rational benefits are so important to Normies.
>>
>>37700981
you dont see the benefits because youre on the losers side
>>
>>37700981
Social memes are there as subtle means in order to identify your position in the social hierarchy.

Little things like grooming your hair, not walking slouched, proper dressing and many many more instantly identify you as high in the hierarchy, normal or bottom of the barrel (You). If you don't take care of these little things it's like you're screaming to others that you don't really spend the time with nobody else and don't really want to, that you are a loner, etc. Because if that wasn't true you'd take care of these 'little unimportant things'.
>>
>>37701017
My income is significantly above the average and I'm generally quite happy.
>>
>>37700981
Don't bother looking for rationalizations for inherent irrational rules. You'll either get poor ad-hoc excuses or told they were important because they are important.
>>
>>37701024
Why should I desire to be part of a subservient social hierarchy?
In fact, I quite enjoy being outside.
>>
>>37700981
>>37701038

Obviously there are a lot of arbitrary social cues, but personal grooming isn't really one of them

Putting effort into the way you look and present yourself is a pretty sure sign that you'll put in a reasonable amount of effort into other areas

Also, it's just nicer to be around people who look nice
>>
>>37701074
>look nice
Completely subjective.
>>
>>37700981
Visual markers, boi. You know how frogs have crazy colors because they wanna communicate "fuck off." People do basically the same through a more roundabout way.

Now I don't dress to look good for other people, I dress to look good in my own eyes. I know what I like so I dress how I like and it makes me feel nice to look in a mirror and be able to go "nice." Now I go outside. Even though i didn't dress specifically with other people's interpretation of me in mind, someone could look at me and get an idea of what kind of shit I like. Because i dressed in a way that I wanted to, it has some reflection of me in there, my tastes. Other people can pick up on that.

I can do the same. I see someone walkin down the street. What they wearin? What does it say? Did they dress for other people? Did they dress the way they wanna dress? What way is that? Says a lot, guy.
>>
>>37701032
>>37701074
>claims to not be part of social memes
>mentions money
Congrats for being a part of the rat race
>>
>>37701090
Not completely, there are definite patterns throughout what most humans find aesthetic.

Even then, the emphasis is more on the effort than the actual result, an ugly dude will get a hell of a lot more respect than an ugly, greasy, unkempt dude.
>>
>>37701100
Superficial.
Instead of judging people by their clothes, why not ask them what they think of free will and how it relates to the mostly deterministic nature of physics?
Ask them if morality is relative or absolute, and what they derive their morals from.
This is all 100% more interesting than fashion.

>>37701113
Money is objectively useful because it allows me to acquire food and shelter.
>>
>RMS
God I HATE this naive retard.
>>
>>37700375
First off, Stallman ate toe cheese off his foot while on stage and in the eye of many people. If this is the cultural hero you wish to emulate, godspeed.

Assuming however that you're not seriously holding the Stall-man out as an example of the whom you seek to become, let's go back to the beardshit question. It grows out of your face, and you can choose to do something about it, or let it spread free and live with the consequences.

If life gives you lemons, are you a passive feminine bitch who makes lemonade, or do you throw the lemons back in life's face and carve out your own destiny?

So do the fuck whatever you need to do about the hair growing on your face as to make you a little girly bitch, or forge your own path.
>>
>>37701137
>Superficial.

Of course it is, as is 75~% of human interaction

>Instead of judging people by their clothes, why not ask them what they think of free will and how it relates to the mostly deterministic nature of physics?

Because the vast majority of people really don't care about that, they care about what goes on in their day to day lives

>This is all 100% more interesting than fashion.

In your opinion

Also to clarify, most people don't try and dress well because they're "interested in fashion", they do so to to make themselves look well presented and respectable.
>>
>>37701137
You would not have added in that tidbit about making more than the average person if food and shelter were your main concerns. Money is also superficial, there are plenty of people with lots of money and no personality to speak of, you cant really claim something else is superficial while hiding behind something else thats even moreso.

Youre simply painting yourself as ignorant overall.
>>
>>37701137
> Superficial
There are too many people in this world to not make snap judgements based on appearance. I'm sure that I've disregarded some perfectly cool people because they were dressed like a jackass, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with the people I know and for the most part, the people I like dress in a way I find cool and unique.
>why not ask them what they think of free will and how it relates to the mostly deterministic nature of physics?
>Ask them if morality is relative or absolute, and what they derive their morals from.
I might if the conversation goes that way. Who the fuck starts a conversation like that?
>This is all 100% more interesting than fashion.
Arrogant. You think philosophy is more interesting because you know more about it and fashion doesn't interest you, which is fine. But don't pull that "[thing that I don't like/don't know much about] is objectively vapid and devoid of value" bullshit.

Try talking to people about what THEY think is interesting. They might like you more.
>>
>OP taking too long to make a comeback

He must be shaving
>>
>>37700375
It takes way more time to hold the beard clean than just shave every 3 days.

>t. Anon who had a big beard for 2 years
>>
File: 1493357192932.jpg (64KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
1493357192932.jpg
64KB, 600x513px
Because I only grow this shitty thin mustache that looks like shit and it stays the same it is two weeks after shaving a year after shaving.
>>
>>37700375
Because I can't grow a proper beard, just a faggot goatee.
Also, it itches
>>
My beard doesn't grow evenly. I can grow pretty nice mustache and that beard thing on top of chin, but my cheeks are extremely spotty. It wouldn't look good.
>>
>>37700375
i shave my face whenever my beard starts to get in the way of my headphones.
other than that i shave my head once every 2 years.
literally only shave to keep it out of my way while i neet
>>
>>37700375

Because if anyone goes missing in your neighborhood everyone always suspects the bearded guy
>>
File: thingken.jpg (46KB, 253x234px) Image search: [Google]
thingken.jpg
46KB, 253x234px
>>37700375
>>37700411
>tfw my face being itchy stopped after I stopped shaving my beard
>>
>>37700375
I shave because I want to be a girl but I know I'll never truly be one
it brings me comfort
>>
>>37700375
femanon here
don't shave
I haven't shaved in 10 years
it makes me feel so natural
>>
File: stallman apple.jpg (1MB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
stallman apple.jpg
1MB, 1296x968px
Is Stallman a robot?
>>
File: 1361574132532.gif (2MB, 567x323px) Image search: [Google]
1361574132532.gif
2MB, 567x323px
>tfw eating a pizza after shaving
>>
Adhering to "arbitrary social memes" is completely rational in many cases. Why do you think we evolved to be sheep-mentality normies? Have you ever heard of the Halo effect?
>>
>>37700495
Mad baldlet detected
>>
>>37700375
girls wont fuck you beta faggot
>>
>>37703326
>rejected by many women
>insanely odd and offputting to many
>will probably save the world

Stallman confirmed as our God
>>
>Give me one (1) rational reason to shave.
If you grow facial hair quickly, you can have a new hairstyle every week.
>>
Personally I find it annoying that my moustache gets in the way while eating.
>>
>>37700375

Because I get all sorts of fungus and eczema if I have a beard and as soon as my hair grows out it gets filled up with dandruff.
>>
>>37700375
It makes men look more friendly.

Ever notice how babies get frightened by bearded men?
>>
>>37703712
Everyone knows that bearded guys were inspired to grow it by THE DEVIL
>>
>>37703735
Romans shaved while barbarians didn't. Shaving is good.
Beards these days are to hide weak chins or to appear sexier to girls, both of which are bad reasons to grow a beard.
The worst possible reason of course is laziness.

First figure out what you aim for, then the answer for the beard will come.
>>
>>37703780
>The worst possible reason of course is laziness.
I choose laziness!
>>
>>37700375
I have good facial hair growth, but it grows in looking disgusting and greasy. I've never made it longer than a week without shaving because I feel embarrassed leaving the house looking like a hobo.
>>
>>37703780
>hide weak chins

Literally the only reason I have a beard. To hide my baby chin and jawline. I accidentally shaved off too much 2 months ago when trimming, and I was near the point of suicide having to see my pathetic jawline again.

Gonna save some money for jaw implants in the future. Until then I'll just be a gaylord bearded numale or whatever.
>>
>>37700375
Femanon here

It's good for hygienic purposes, just shave
>>
Only forms of acceptable facial hair
>Chad tier stubble that doesn't obstruct jawline/chin
>full wizard beard, hangs past chin
>any mustache
>>
File: x.png (10KB, 382x98px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
10KB, 382x98px
>>37703500
Sapiosexual girls do.
>>
>>37700375
That dude has sex with flowers

Do you want to be like him
>>
My beard is about half a foot long however I still trim the mustache every week or so because getting hair in your mouth while you're eating is fucking disgusting. In terms of shaving or trimming your beard it can pose similar problems when eating messy food.

PS not-so-devout muslim girls love men white men who have muslim beards.
>>
File: Joaquin Phoenix.jpg (21KB, 339x444px) Image search: [Google]
Joaquin Phoenix.jpg
21KB, 339x444px
>>37700375
I don't want to shave now because it's cold here and a beard helps with it

But also I'm going for this exact hobo look, like Joaquin Phoenix or Casey Affleck
>>
File: IMG_0001.png (48KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001.png
48KB, 227x200px
>>37700375
I shave my face so it doesn't itch and I look younger.
>>
File: bringem.jpg (97KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
bringem.jpg
97KB, 500x619px
>>37700375
> be beardlet
> have this guy as my ancestor

I would grow my beard out but it looks ugly, thin and spotty.
>>
If you have to worry about not growing a beard because someone might call you a numale, then you are already a numale.

And it feels natural to me NOT to have a beard even though its natural for men to grow them because of all the years not needing to shave.
>>
Some women like full beards.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.