[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Dreams

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1491471082570.jpg (890KB, 1539x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1491471082570.jpg
890KB, 1539x1600px
I'm a bit anxious to go to sleep tonight, last night I had war dreams and it fucked me up for the entire day.

Is there any way to just knock yourself out without causing some brain damage?
>>
>>37696813
marijuana, painkillers, melatonin, warm milk, alcohol.

also stop being a fag and embrace your dreams
>>
>>37696829
>stop being a fag and embrace your dreams
When was the last time you saw some really fucked up shit?
>>
>>37696813
greentext your dream
>>
>>37696813
One day at a time my friend. Breath deep and take the days as they come. Sleep will not be a guarantee.
>>
>>37696868
It went on for a couple of weeks, so it would be pretty long to cover it all.

That said in probably going to be up all night...
>>
>>37696813
I used to have war dreams all the time when I was in the process of joining the military as infantry back in 08. They were really intense too and spooked the fuck out of me and was a major factor in my decision to back out.

I can still recall one where I was in a firefight and the "enemy" was just endless waves. Eventually I ran out of ammo and went hand to hand, killing 2 or 3 before I was killed myself and woke up. I was having them almost every time I went to sleep and they had the same effect on me as they do you: I was scared shitless of going to sleep and having another one.

Have you been thinking of joining the military or watching shot loads of war movies? That will do it to you.
>>
>>37696938
>have you been thinking of joining the military?
Incidentally I have. I'm 21 and only have a few more months until uncle sams nifty offers expire. This, compounded with a minor depressive mental state brought on by my gf breaking up with me.
>>
>wake up
>Saigon... shit, still only in Saigon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
>>
>>37697004
Yeah, its your brain trying to prepare you for scenarios that you've been worrying about which is experiencing combat. Are you trying to join as infantry or something combat related?

If they're scaring you you might want to rethink your options or simply going for a MOS which won't land you in the front lines in case of WW3 breaking out. I was also depressed while trying to join and just wanted to die in combat instead of killing myself but my dreams showed me that was more horrific than anything.

They stopped almost immediately after deciding not join for me. Perhaps the same will work for you.
>>
>>37696813
Know that feel.

>be soldier
>deployed to most dangerous military zone of my country
>only had 3 fights but quite intense
>ordered to participate in torture
>only kills I got was executions

It's weird and sounds psychotic but dreaming of getting killed in a firefight fucks me up more than dreaming about torture and execution.

Remember they're just dreams.
>>
>>37697100
>Are you trying to join as infantry or something combat related?
Yeah, and I'm pretty much stuck to that, because of how much better the money and education would be.

Its not scary so much as really unpleasant. To really feel the full force of what it's like to be disposable, and to be surrounded by really awful shit and insanely loud noise all the time, ultimately makes me suicidal after a while.
After waking up the feeling dies down a bit and I get my bearings but it doesn't go away completely, it's like PTSD but for shit that didn't even happen.
>>
>>37697178
Fucking greentext the torture and executions please. I'm intensely interested in that kid of shit. I can relate to the being killed in dreams though. Dying and waking up to this life is really weird, almost makes you believe you're just reliving a past life in which you were killed.
>>
>>37697247
>I'm pretty much stuck to that because of how much better the money and education would be
Anon you're going to learn jackshit if you go straight infantry, if you're going to do anything combat arms then do something like combat engineer/sapper so you can get some trade skills and whatnot. And what's your ASVAB score? Because from the looks of it infantry or any combat arms role is not for you at all if you're getting fucked up before you even head out to boot camp or basic or whatever you're planning on doing.
>>
>>37697178
In my less recent war dreams I remember getting killed in some really gruesome ways; getting ripped apart by several soldiers and trying to do everything I could to resist, feeling their fingers through my eye sockets and gut... like something out of a zombie film
>>
>>37697247
I felt the exact same way about the PTSD from dreaming. The thing is that the dreams are so real that it's almost like it really did happen which led me to thinking that if DREAMS can be that traumatizing then what's the real thing going to do to me IF I come out alive?

The answer is in all the vets that have come home from the wars in the Middle East and killed themselves just so they didn't have to constantly relive those memories. The pay and education aren't worth the risk of experiencing pure hell like that. The a answer is how interested are you going to be in education and militarybux after watching your friend bleed to death in your arms or watching them lose limbs and their sanity themselves? Those dreams led me to reading a lot of books and watching a lot of documentaries on the war and it led me concluding not joining was a very good decision. Think very hard about what choices you're going to make OP. These dreams are a lesson being taught to you.
>>
>>37697350
My route is a rather exceptional one because it was by personal recommendations from high ranking officers. I would be put through officer school, college, etc. Don't really know where I would be sent off to, but my dreams were mostly in Ukraine/Russia.

ASVAB was 94
>>
File: 1488420860318.jpg (97KB, 1298x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1488420860318.jpg
97KB, 1298x1098px
>mfw only have dreams about going on anime adventures

lol your dreams suck
>>
>>37697440
When I was a bit younger I used to think there was a lot of glory to be had in joining the military.
In one of my dreams I saw someone's head literally explode just 5 feet in front of me. There wasn't much happening that morning to signal any thing like that about to happen, it just suddenly happened. To know that literally all hours of every day you're in danger of something that's often so far away you can't even see it. There's no glory in that.
>>
>>37697263
>receive orders to raid a safehouse in the middle of the mountains
>get there before dawn
>get in to position to fuck shit up
>really inexperience kid looks through one of the windows and gets shot in the face
>firefight firefight etc capture some of the people inside
>sargeant orders us to interrogate them
>we fill up a drum with water, put it under a tree branch, tie our prisoners up by the hands and feet
>hang them upside down by the feet while holding one end of the rope over the tree branch and dip their heads in the drum with water
>finally one guy confesses he killed our guy
>beat the SHIT out of him with sticks while he's hanging
>sargeant shoots him in the dick and leaves him to bleed to death
>shoot all the others in the head

>one of the sargeants gets shot in his free time on a date with his wife
>everyone gets REALLY pissed off
>some from my platoon found the guys who kill him
>we get order "to drive 10km into the desert" (this is code for execution for us)
>drive way more than 10km into the desert though
>get them naked and beat the shit out of them
>our sargeant tells them we are taking them home now but if we see them again, we will kill them
>tells them to take off their blindfolds
>we were in firing squad position the whole time he was talking
>shoot them

>important rich guy's daughter gets kidnapped
>police cant do shit because incompetent so he calls our colonel whos friends with him
>go to place where they are keeping her
>kidnappers surrender when they see us
>take prisoners back to the base
>get them naked again (gay, I know but that's orders)
>make them suck each others dicks
>throw cold water on them (it was winter)
>hit them in the ass with corners of wooden boards (the corners are VERY painful. they can break your bones)
>give them to the police
>>
>>37697908
what lovely country are you from?
>>
File: 1486385357298.jpg (41KB, 489x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486385357298.jpg
41KB, 489x604px
Gonna try sleeping now.
Wish me luck anons.
>>
File: 1496367741720.jpg (505KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496367741720.jpg
505KB, 1280x720px
>>37696813
>got to sleep
>dream ends up being in front of a giant mosque at night
>dead yet once visibly armed arabic men lie dead and some missing limbs lying in pools of blood in front of me and the mosque
>I'm holding a battered to shit AK, some grenades, and an entire pack of C4 or some other plastic explosive along with wearing a battle damaged military uniform
>despite it being night, those calls that a crier does during prayer can be heard
>have the urge to run into the mosque
>do so but my right ankle feels severely sprained and when I finally limp in it is completely devoid of people
>feel an odd sensation after noticing how massive the inside is
>somehow know where the weakest parts of the structure are and plant explosives there
>start running toward the exit and pull a detonator out of my left breast pocket
>anxious as fuck now
>make it out
>armed jihads everywhere
>get shot right above the left knee and faceplant right on the sandstone entrance
>entire leg is numb now so I can't really feel anything besides the pain in my face and the tooth I chipped
>activate the detonator
>feel an immense wave of heat
>feel something which i assume is debris hit the back of my neck real hard and hear a loud pop
>wake up sweaty as fuck
This happened about three months ago. Was not pleasant in the least.
>>
File: 1454682767886.png (1MB, 1414x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454682767886.png
1MB, 1414x1000px
>go to sleep
>suddenly hiding under the overhang of a building from machine guns in a building across the road
>there are sandbags in front of me
>guys shooting at the building from behind them
>slide behind sandbags
>bullets landing near me
>guy next to me gets hit
>screaming really loud, blood everywhere
>grab his mg42
>shoot at the building and kill some of the enemy
>assume they are Russian because apparently I am German
>after 20 seconds or so they stop shooting from the building
>we run across
>start clearing the building
>in stair well
>grenade rolls down the stairs
>try to turn and run back down stairs but there are guys in the way
>hear bang and wake up
Had this one a couple months back. Probably had just been playing too much ro2.
>>
>>37696813
I dreamt once that I was some kind of dragoon or outrider in WW1. I was at the vanguard of a charge when I was hit by heavy cannon fire... My entire lower section was blown off. I flew. I landed on my back, feeling heavy with iron. I think I was wearing a breastplate and a helmet. Horse's head was blown off. I remember the very distinct feeling of being without my waist and legs before waking up.
>>
>>37696813
I know this feel, few months ago had a random war dream. Wasn't modern war or anything, rather medieval really, but I saw heads smashed in, guts spilled on the dirt and grass, and the screams if men fighting and dying. In the end I got a spear to the gut, and died. That dream put me through a existential crisis, and made me actually start coming to terms with my own mortality. God that was fucking rough.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.