[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: intense.jpg (116KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
intense.jpg
116KB, 668x712px
I am never gonna be motivated to get a job. It's way too anxiety inducing to do any of the ones that require even minimal social interaction, and I have a bad back so I can't do any manual labor.
I'm thinking about kicking myself out of the nest and taking a greyhound to another state. I'll pack a backpack filled with dried food, vitamins, $200.00, a change of clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, razors, floss, wet wipes, pen, notebook, and my social security card, drivers license and birth certificate. Then I'll be forced to survive out there or suffer the humiliation of begging mummy to move back in. I live in Phoenix, I imagine there have gotta be call center or data entry gigs in salt lake city or denver (open to other cities).
Any tips you can give me? Like where to sleep, how to avoid getting mugged or raped, etc? I won't waste money on an apartment if there's a way to sleep (I can buy a sleeping bag if need be) and I can "shower" in public restrooms with water, rags, soaps and wipes. If I don't need a bed or shower, I don't need an apartment.
I really need your help, and I imagine there has to be someone on this board who has attempted something like this.
>>
How bad is your back honestly? I work as a fabricator and it really doesn't put much stress on your body, plus the work is super fulfilling. I would give it a try if I was you. My back is bad too and I can do it. Good money once you're trained.

Also, bring a towel. It is always useful. Lose the wet wipes, to much weight for what is essentially a rag and water. If you are bringing soap, get irish spring, lasts longer. Get a safety razor. Less weight and easier shave if you don't have shaving cream. Also, bring matches, a box of dried tinder, a ton of plastic bags, and a metal pot of some kind. I recommend cast iron. Helps you boil water for drinking. 200 smackers ain't going to last you for shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
If you live on the streets, you cannot avoid being mugged or raped. It's a fact of homeless life.

You know where you can avoid that? innadesert life. learn to survive out there and you'll be all alone.
>>
>>37696257
Herniated disc and arthritis of the back. It's pretty bad. Don't go to physical therapy because it's too stressful and the days between sessions are horribly overwhelming with anxiety for the next session. I'm hoping once I'm more settled out wherever I go and have forced myself to go through the mental anguish of a job I can be mentally strong enough to be able to handle physical therapy. But as for now I can't lift anything above 15 pounds without feeling pain.
Thanks for the other suggestions though. I'll look into them. The pack needs to ideally weigh 10 pounds or less.
>>37696265
I would die out there.
>>
>>37696111
I'm essentially at this point too.

I have approximately 6k in debt in trying to pay off. I have some guns, and rv, and a motorcycle left that I'm going to sell to pay that off. After, I'll scrape whatever other money I can and then start walking. I want to go to Alaska. If I die, good, then I don't have I suicide. If I make it, then I get to do something I've always wanted.

Fuck wageslaving. It simply isn't worth it.
>>
>>37696111
I've actually wanted to try something like this for a while now OP, but I'm too much of a pussy.
Let us know if it works out for you. If it does, perhaps I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>37696449
Well maybe wageslaving is shit but I've been NEET for 4 years and want something different. That will require getting a job (read the OP and you'll see that i said I would try to get a call center or days entry job wherever I go). Once I can afford a car and laptop and have enough of an emergency stash in the bank I might quit and just live out of my car and pit in a few hours to mturk each day to buy the bare necessities (gas and food). But yeah, the reason im not getting an apartment is to reach that point faster. Maybe I'll even move back home. I will have proved to mommy that I did somethig so it won't be embarrassing, and I'll have cash and a car to I can do stuff now at night.
>>37696457
I'll keep you updated.
>>
These posts always make me sad. The anons who make them are emotionally right on the cusp of taking a huge risk and turning their life around. Learning hard work, sacrifice, going through trials, but coming out stronger, wiser, with an improved life ahead of them in the end.
But 99 times out of 100 they'll chicken out and just continue their stale lives of shitposting and never leaving the basement.
I know because I'm one of the 99. I hate me, I hate the others, and I envy the 1.
>>
>>37696568
>I will have proved to mommy that I did somethig so it won't be embarrassing
It's still embarrassing to be living with mummy in yours 20s (I assume). It's just less embarrassing than if you moved back in after 2 weeks with absolutely nothing to show for it.
>>
>>37696375
Well, kind me says that you should find something physical that will get you engaged. The work-out you want to do is always better then you need to do. Then again, I just fucked up my back playing football in high-school and never got it diagnosed because I am a stubborn ass. I just kept going.

Rude me wants to say get off your shit and do what the doctors say you fucking puss. Seriously, what they recommend is for your best interest, and your refusal to do it only reflects your weakness as a person. Suck it up and be a fucking adult and fix yourself. I will take the dangerous assumption that this is the worst pain (either physically or mentally) that you have been through. If I am right, fucking get in there and get it done with fervor. Anything you face from here on out will be a fucking cakewalk and you will be playing on easy mode. Do it and be stronger, warrior!
>>
>>37696674
I'm gonna be in that 1%. You should try too, anon. What have you got to lose?
>>37696726
Well I guess we're not embarrassed by all the same things.
>>
>>37696766
I appreciate your help but that would be a nightmare. Baby steps. I'm gonna try the job thing, then I'll do physical therapy. It's been a problem for years, what's 4 more months at this point?
>>
>>37696804
Well, I do hope you do better. Four months aren't shit. That being said warrior, you have to put yourself to the test. You can only surprise yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 551x491px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 551x491px
When our parents die, I fear most of us will be forced to do what OP is voluntarily doing.

Also OP, make sure to live near a public library. Good place to spend your free time. They may have 4chan blocked but the archives usually aren't so you can at least effectively lurk, and wizchan doesn't seemed to be blocked at any of the libraries I've been to.
>>
>>37696826
I understand, thanks m8
>>37697039
yeah that's what I've heard.
>>
>>37696111
You won't get a job if you're homeless. No call centre/data entry job wants some smelly, flea-bitten homeless guy who thinks washing with a rag in a public bathroom is good enough.
>>
>>37697102
I can wash a rag/towel, or I may end up Using wet wipes. Wet wipes and soap, as well as putting on deodoarant, IS good enough.
>>
>>37697155
It really isn't. You'll stink and you won't be aware of it.
>>
>>37697155
No it isn't OP.
A gym membership is 30 bucks a month. There you can shower, shave, and brush your teeth like a decent person. You can also store your stuff (and a lot more than in a backpack) in a locker so you don't have to carry it around all the time (sleeping bag included, definitely get a sleeping bag OP). I get not wanting to spend 600 dollars a month on a shitty slum but 30 bucks is a worthy investment. A gym is a good place to hang out if mcdonalds, coffee shops, or libraries get boring. You can work out if you ever get your back fixed up. One anon once said that his gym even let's him have his mail delivered, but I wouldn't count on that for you.
So now that your stuff is secure, you won't get mugged. All you need now is a way to not get assraped.
>>
>>37697331
He still needs a way to wash his clothes.
I would suggest having mummy buy you a laundry mangler, but failing that, have her buy you 15 sets of clothes so you only need to do laundry twice a month, to keep costs down.
>>
Judging by how intensely anxious an entry level job makes you, this doesn't sound like a good idea OP. You'll probably have a break down and be committed.
But if you insist on going, you still haven't solved the sleeping problem. No one has, because there isn't really a solution. The only solution is if you have a car.
>>
>>37697331
I second this OP. My gym membership changed my life.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.