[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw /r9k/ redefined western literature

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1497399045345.jpg (24KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
1497399045345.jpg
24KB, 225x346px
>tfw /r9k/ redefined western literature
>>
/r9k/ {{{is}}} western literature now
some "book" about it (((is))) tangential shit
>>
>>37693945
What did xom mean by xis?
>>
>>37693828
she was on an episode of chapo

she's spot on when it comes to the pathology of /pol/
>>
>trump
>alt-right
Please, never ever associate me with subhuman /pol/-faggots.
>>
>>37694639
>listening to "i read the wikipedia article on syria: the podcast"
>>
>>37694639
>Listening to TDS minus the edginess
LMAOing @ur life rn
>>
>>37694639

shut up normal fag

>>
>>37693828
This idea that /pol/ had any substantial affect in electing trump needs to die.

I'll concede that they contributed to the overall anti-PC backlash on platforms such as twitter and youtube, but crediting them as anything other than another simple factor is just false. Clinton's track record and Trump's anti-establishment platform are what caused these results.

Leftists just want to look for some evil organization to blame, whether it be 4chan or Russia.
>>
I really wanted to write the book
>The hunt for the Red November: How a tribe of 400lb basement dwelling child molesters teamed up with James "Jim Gordon" Comey to defeat the greatest evil the world had ever seen
>>
>written by a roastie
>>
>i have written my phd-thesis on online anti-feminism movements
>>
I read this book. It's not BAD and it raises some good points about SJWs as an anti-reflection of /pol/ shit but it describes 4chan in a really simplistic way.
>>
>>37695065
you're kidding yourself if you don't believe 4chan affects real life. We're the top of the meme hierarchy, and memes control everything
>>
>>37695581
>it describes 4chan in a really simplistic way.
is it inaccurate though? it doesn't sound like she wanted the book to be about 4chan explicitly so a cursory description would be appropriate imo
>>
>>37694639
I couldn't get over their nauseating arrogance. Oh and just Will in general.

Cumtown is the only pod I listen to now.
>>
>>37693828

How does it feel, /r9k/, to know that this moron pretended to be one of you for a few months and then wrote about the experience. Any one of you could have done the exact same thing and wrote a substantially better and more accurate account of the experience of being here. But you didn't. And this bimbo will likely make a shit ton of money for this book.....
>>
File: trumplaughs.jpg (105KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
trumplaughs.jpg
105KB, 500x312px
>>37695065

Kek. Just be proud of our first meme president anon. /pol/ triggered Hillary's camp so much she declared war against pepe and her shills are still being paid to shill on /pol/ and 4chan generally.
>>
>>37695744
Lol, me too.
Chapo definately got progressively worse as they got more popular. They're cringe as fuck now.
>>
>>37695734
No I didn't think it was inaccurate, although I definitely felt that the only boards she spent real time on were /pol/, /r9k/ and I guess /b/.
>>
>GamerGate got Trump elected

Reality is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>37695837
>progressively worse
I dunno man. I gave their first like 5 eps a shot and 2/3 of the hosts were just tryhard incarnate. Matt was the consistently funny one to me while Will always seemed to be in a war to outcringe himself, which he usually won. Felix and his lisp were okay I guess.

Still, Nick Mullen > CTH
>>
is this real?

like some bitch wrote a book trying to describe 4chan?

why?
>>
>>37695882
So as a follow on, now that I am remembering a bit more (I read it last week), there is one point that she makes that is pretty interesting, and I guess sort of the thesis of the book.

She argues that transgressive behavior has historically been a leftist/progressive tactic (think punk, hippies, even through Anonymous back in the day, occupy wallstreet, etc) but that the 'alt-right' (or whatever you want to call it) has been quite successful in using similar behavior to motivate a new right-ish audience that is not at all like "traditional" conservatives.

I thought it was a pretty good argument.

Also she talks about Elliot Rogers, r9k, inceldom, etc some and seems to mostly bucket in with PUA, MRA and GamerGate, which I thought was a bit uninformed (or at least, reductionist). She does seem sympathetic to some of it though. I'd pull it up but I leant the book to a friend.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.