[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age is playing vidya sad? 20? 30? 40?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

At what age is playing vidya sad?

20?
30?
40?
>>
>>37690411

These days? lol. 70?
>>
Only "sad" when you don't even want to play but have nothing else to do at all imo
>>
actually the older you get, the more eligible you become to play more and more video games, it's just that they have to be gambling games, fishing games or true simulators.
>>
>>37690411
If you're still playing videogames as an adult, as in over 18, it's pretty sad.
>>
>>37690411
Honnestly, probably around 19 if you plan on being a normie
>>
>>37690411
sad according to who?
>>
>>37690411
You're sad right now for asking this retarded question
>>
>>37690411
probably unpopular opinion, but 18-25 years old.

I don't mean it like in a "I play CoD on weekends when I'm hungover" casual normie way but more of a "I grind MMORPGs and play overwatch for 10 hours a day" robot-cyborg kind of way.

You should be playing video games when you're a kid, and then when you're 30 and over so you can be nostalgic about it again.

If you stream them and get idiots to give you money, then that's fair enough.
>>
File: 8e9.jpg (59KB, 680x569px) Image search: [Google]
8e9.jpg
59KB, 680x569px
>>37690411
My dad is almost 50, plays MGS and Hitman, yet still makes 6 figures. My uncle plays tons of fps games and yet he is a doctor also making 6 figs. It really isn't about whether or not you play, it seems to me to be about how much you sperg out about it.
>>
It's fine to play games older now a days. There's lots of mature games now, it's not like back in the day when all you had were Mario and Sonic

I know legit 100% normies that have PS4s/Xbox Ones and are over 21.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
I had to cut back now that I'm back in school. Essentially I don't play pc/console during the semester. If I have time to vidya, I got time to practice/do homework. Weekends I will play n64 for a little when I'm done studying for the day. It's been a bitch to discipline myself but I'm mid 30's and already wasted a bunch of time being a neet/street pharmacist for most my adult life.
>>
playing vidya isn't sad, no matter what age you're at. it only becomes sad if you're a 30 year old manchild who dedicates his free time playing video games all day. that's sad no matter what age you're at. if you're 40 and you play the occasional game for an hour or so, I don't see why that's bad.
>>
>>37690411
>implying there's a certain age where it's sad
>implying it's not sad in general
>>
>>37691705
i'm 28 and i dedicate my freetime to playing video games all day.
that's why i don't go out, talk to people and have no friends.
it's awesome.
>>
At 18, not counting casual shit.
>>
>>37691770
same thing man
its honestly pretty comfy
>>
honestly id say 60-70 in this day and age
>>
yeah like other anons are saying it's not really about the age it's how much you're playing.

If you're more than a casual, and you're not a streamer, it's p sad.
>>
>>37691862
i partied from 14-22, ditched, dropped out. i'm not allowed to actually post here because "they" think i'm a "normie".
i never got to play video games as much as normies because i was poor, so i never experienced crazy graphics and consoles until i was old enough to buy my own shit.
>>
>>37690411
it's always sad

you do it because there's nothing better to do in your little world
>>
>>37690411

It never is. My dad's 52 and plays ARMA and Civ v with his father. It just gets sad sad when you obsess over childish crap at 25+.
>>
>>37691942
Literally me, but I started my cyborg drug & sex life at 17. My parents were anti-technology and no-fun retards so I didn't discover 4chan and also vidya until I was 23.
>>
Atari 2600 came out in the late 1970s so nowadays you have 40+ year old people who have been playing video games their whole life.

It definitely doesn't have the stigma that it used to.
>>
Video games are beloved by dropouts, druggies, regular office drones, athletes, thugs, military personnel, children, celebrities, the guy delivering your pizza etc.

The only people who don't like them are
1. Genuinely busy professionals like doctors and lawyers who spend their extremely limited free time with their family
2. Most women
>>
>>37690411
Obsessing/sperging out about vidya and just playing and enjoying them are two completely different things. If someone has a steady job and makes good money then there's no reason why they shouldn't enjoy some vidya. Besides, nowadays most people and their grandma play them, it's not like the 1970s where only kids, high schoolers, and complete outcasts play them. If it's fucking their life up, like the kid who nearly died from playing CoD for days on end, then it becomes a problem.
>>
>>37690411
My grandad plays video games occasionally. I wouldn't consider it sad since everyone does it to a degree.

You'd be surprised of the amount of old bastards playing hexgames.
>>
at what age should I stop watching anime? 23? 26?
>>
>>37692721
depends what kind of anime amd when you started
>>
>>37692721
Damn I just started and I'm 23
>>
>>37691662
What are you studying?
I went back to school in my 30's to do CPA shit
>>
>>37692576
>Doctors
Son, do you know how addicting surgeon simulator is when you're in med school?
>>
>>37693237
As long as it's not like Kemono friends idol type shit. Stick to good shonens and paranormal/scifi and no one will judge.
>>
>>37693237
I didn't start watching anime until I was 29
>>
>>37690411
ive been playing games since i was 5
im 23 now
>>
>>37693189
i started at 17-18

what kind is bad?

>>37693237
I'm 21
>>
>>37690411
>22
my minecraft girlfriend left me and told me i was a pedophile for playing minecraft at 22
also when i plyed black ops 2 everyone send me friend request because im good but they unfriended me when i told them i was 22 except the girls fucking teenagers
>>
>>37693482
I always smile when I read modern game reviews by cool old guys.

Getting called a faggot butthead by a 9 year old who just killed you 6 times in a row must be a trip
>>
>>37693444
any sort of moeshit is bad, you know it's bad.

I mean it's great as a weeb, I watch a ton of moeshit, but if you're worried about what people think of you and your Chinese cartoons - some moeshit anime isn't something that you would show normies to be like "oh no anime is totally cool check it out"
>>
My mom still plays the shit out of Dr. Mario on my Game Boy. I gave my pops my SNES to play Yoshi's Cookie and Tetris Attack.

Vidya is enjoyed by many. It's the pompous elitists that look down on it.
>>
>>37693482
22 seems like the average age of CoD players.

My brother in law plays CoD and he's 30-something years old, almost 40 I think.

His kids also play CoD and they're 12 & 10 years old.

20-something years old seems like the average.

It's like that for a lot of mainstream games. I used to play GTA online on the PS3 and it was nothing but 9 year olds and 35 year olds. Very little in between at least who were using voice chat.
>>
>be me, 21
>playing csgo
what am I doing w/ my life
>>
File: 1466848975853.jpg (22KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
1466848975853.jpg
22KB, 310x464px
>>37691286
Man that s my everyday life
>>
>>37693752
That seems like the target audience of csgo.

Would you rather be playing TF2 or overwatch?
>>
>>37693669
Things tou show to normies from personal experience
> one punch or mob psycho
> cowboy bebop or samurai Champloo
>mushi-shi
>fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
> kill la kill or little witch academia
>bnha maybe?
>lmao studio ghibli or anything similar

Mfw these are all just my fav animes and I'm a normie. I fuckin hate moeshit and fan service. Konosuba and watamote was good tho but I would NEVER show normies either of those

Normies really like bleach and naruto too but I fucking hate those. Anime is niche in general so not many normies watch it, be mindful
>>
>>37693927
Fuck I forgot gurren Lagann and flcl can be passible
>>
>>37693669
idols warm my cold lonely heart

only shows I've mentioned in real life are Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop but I also haven't had friends in four years
>>
>>37693384
bruh, same here
>>
File: 1497133707156.jpg (51KB, 383x367px) Image search: [Google]
1497133707156.jpg
51KB, 383x367px
>>37692576
this, kind of.

the real redpill is that you should be hustling AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE to not end up a robot. less intelligent people don't realize this until it is too late. yes, games can teach you some valuable skills, but anything it teaches you is of limited usefulness irl.

the real redpill is figure out what academic interest you have as early as possible. find out how to learn more about thru school. it is always going to suck for awhile (thru highschool).

>if you dropped out of highschool, you are a retard.
>if you aren't working towards your goals every day you are a retard.
>if you still live with your parents at 25 you are not intelligent.
>if you are wagecucking you are not intelligent.
>if you aren't figuring out how stocks and bonds work you are not intelligent and you will be poor forever
>>
>>37694109
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>not riding the comfy gravy train
>>
>>37690411
I have an uncle who is in his thirties, makes 6 figures, is married, has a benz and a ferrari, a mansion with a swimming pool and plays 3-4 hours of games a day, everyday. Most of the games I have, he gave me after finishing them. One time this nigga called me over to play DOA while his wife made us lunch.

tl;dr: no-one gives a shit what you do if you're rich and successful
>>
>>37692721
son, I'm 34 and still watch animu
>>
>>37694190
when people talk about rich people like that, they tend to describe it as if it came easy.

unless that nigga won the lottery, he spent plenty of time (vast majority) of his time not playing videogames. doesn't matter what he does now, that is what he was working for in the first place.
>>
>>37693846
they both seem cool, I think it's how the aiming mechanics work in csgo that appeals to me, if another game was molded from it, i'd probably play it.

I think what gets me, is not going to school or doing anything productive in my life.

>>37693927
I was genuinely interested in an Highschool of the Dead but the fan service turned me off.
>>
>>37694358
I was your age when I started college, it's not too late.
>>
>>37690411
Just spending some of your down time playing games isn't sad, having so much downtime that it's all you do is what's sad.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.