[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get addicted to DOTA for a year >have 180 MMR

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0492.jpg (40KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
40KB, 600x899px
>get addicted to DOTA for a year
>have 180 MMR
>>
I gave up on ranked after 4 games bc I lost them all. All I do is play crystal maiden in all pick
>>
How? You must be joking right?
>>
>>37689726
It bounces between this and low 900s every few months. I'm not joking, I think I might be an actual retard.
>>
What heroes do you play?

A tip is to get a new acc and re-rank after a while. And try to get some people you can team up with, or friends. Moba's aren't meant to be played on your own.
>>
>>37689822
Tusk, faceless void, shaman, slark , sometimes necro.
>>
Been playing for two years. I calibrated at 1800 and I've fallen to 1500 now. I've tried everything and its just totally random if you win or not.
>>
>>37690004
I have no experience from 1000 < but heroes like tusk is useless if you can't set up ganks with your team mates. Something I have a hard time see happening. The easiest way, all though boring, is to spam the same hero. In lower brackets you can carry easier, I think?
>>
>>37690051
Nah mate it isn't, what is random is your team mates. I've played for a long while, and as soon I played with someone that played good or gave me good vibes I've always added them. It's so much easier when you can speak with your team mates and you have some what of an relation to each other.
>>
once i got to 3k i stopped because i realized MMR is a scam

the entire MMR system is built on people that buy items and play money into the game.
80% of my matches comes down to me having to tell the team where its safe to farm and what should we do. even people that range from 3k and 4k MMR can't read the fucking map and make moves that benefit the team. they just sit in the same fucking lane until the game is over
>>
>>37690128
Solo mmr is the only thing that matters though
>>
>>37690351
Why is that what matters? Are you planing to become 9K mmr? My view of MMR is to have fun and I have more fun playing with friends goofing and doing silly strats. And I'm fairly certain that it's easier to learn when you have fun. You get better playing with your mates, and then you can crush solo mmr. That's my point of view at least.
>>
>>37690417
I play dota to ne competitive, all i care about is being better than others. Thats what brings me joy. Dota isnt a fun game.
>>
>>37689660
>>37689770
>I think I might be an actual retard.
You are.

Seriously it might also be your teammates. Speaking from experience I can tell you that the outcome of games at below 1k is pure randomness.
I had a very bad win rate (played at night and overtired) after 7.00 and got sucked from 1.4k to 900 and then to 550. The problem is that the players below 1k are absolute retards who lack basic skills and understanding of the game and negate all your influence on the game since absolutely everything can happen with these numbskulls. In my case (after I started playing serious again) I was constantly the best player in my team, had by far the best stats even as a hard support and yet I couldn't climb out of there. I decided then that it's not worth dealing with these idiots any longer and created a new account, where I immediately got matched at 2k. Last time I was at 2.4k, but then my graphics card died and I deleted dota.
My tip: do the same. Either create a new account and make sure to get out of the "random outcome" bracket or quit the game for goods.
>>
>>37690723
Its not worth trying to climb out through grinding?
>>
>>37690962
No, absolutely not. Create a new account and play unranked until no longer play with retards.
>>
Play the new Siltbreaker campaign in DotA 2, lad!
It is actually so hard, but fun if you get a nice group of supportive people (Siltbreaker party size is four, not five, so it should be easier to find three people to help you.)

Getting away from pvp sounds like a good idea for you right now anyway.
Try to clear your head and relax.
>>
>>37690723
can confirm, i played on 1k dummy account and lost games with 30+ kills.
>>37690962
unranked have rating too. and unranked also don't have stacks of tryhards doing shit like blocking your camps at minute 0
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.