[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DYING IN A DITCH IS LIKELY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1494810969568.jpg (21KB, 286x378px) Image search: [Google]
1494810969568.jpg
21KB, 286x378px
How badly did I fuck up my life, /r9k/?

>Decided to study communications and journalism in college
>Graduate with honors with a bunch of awards
>Find a job at decent-sized newspaper shortly after college
>Work there for five years and earn some more awards
>Things go to shit when a bunch of people quit and they hire a hot-shot, new Editor-in-Chief
>Get a job offer to run a local radio station's news program
>They treat me like shit and try to get me to work double shifts without pay (but tell me to flub my card so it looks like I'm only working a single shift)
>Hair starts to fall out
>Develop a sleep disorder
>Health declines
>Doctor and family beg me to quit
>Get frustrated and quit
>Assume that I'll find something quickly due to strong resume and references
>Find out that I'm very wrong

It's been two months and, not only have I burned through all of my savings, but I've only received one offer despite putting out dozens of applications and resumes.

The only thing I've been offered is a part-time cashier position at a local pet store.

I had to take it just so I can attempt to pay my bills.

I also had to sign up for government assistance so I wouldn't fucking die of starvation.

I'm fucked, aren't I, /r9k/?

Anyone else in a similar situation? I just want to know that I'm not alone in Hell.
>>
>>37686810

Nah, it's fine :) You sound like a smart person that knows his profession. I also quit a job that made me angry so trust me there are plenty of opportunities out there.

And yes, you made the smart decission to quit the job. You can always apply "harder" and "more agressive" if you want to find something better
>>
>has a job (even if its part time)
>has a shelter
>is not worried for food

what you need is to spend a few months in a real third-world hell.
>>
File: hmm.png (246KB, 403x415px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
246KB, 403x415px
>>37686810
>communications and journalism

Well bud see that's your problem. I would start at the lowest level of banking and be a bank teller. You already have a degree and graduated with honors so moving up should be no problem.

Go for it, don't even think about it. Just do it.
>>
>>37687546
Bank tellers make like 12 bucks an hour right?
>>
>>37688329
$12 to $14
People with degrees often move up that ladder much quicker considering that you don't even need a degree to be a teller in the first place. Financial service representative and banking officer is then next step up after being a banking teller.
>>
>>37687208
>have a masters degree and impressive credentials working in state and local governments (about a year and half of experience)
>can't even get interviews for entry level positions
>can't even get fucking administrative day laborer positions that pay less than the manual labor I used to do before I got a college education so I wouldn't have to do manual labor until my body fails around 50 like my dad
>everyone always tells me 'oh you'll find something ur super smart :)'
>a year and probably 300 applications later I still don't have a job
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.