[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mum has been drinking and crying in her room for the past

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pup.jpg (43KB, 680x606px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
43KB, 680x606px
My mum has been drinking and crying in her room for the past two days.

We spoke today; she says she feels guilty over my NEEThood.

She thinks getting a puppy would be good for me. That the motivation and responsibility would pull me in the right direction.

Gonna try out group counselling, also. But I don't expect too much from that.

Any anons with pets? Do they help?
>>
as a 26 year old khv NEET who lives alone off welfare in a government state house: my cat is my best friend and I am glad I have her

get a pet, friend.
>>
>>37686578
>>She thinks getting a puppy would be good for me. That the motivation and responsibility would pull me in the right direction.
This is not a good idea. It's the same logic as couples in a troubled relationship who think having a baby will solve their problems. Responsibility is only a good, healthy, motivating thing when someone who's already in a healthy state of mind willingly decides to assume it. It's detrimental when someone who isn't in a healthy state of mind assumes it, especially if its pushed on them.
>>
>>37686603
Pretty similar here except I'm 25 and my dad pays my rent
I wouldn't get a dog even tho I'm home 90% of the time and I like going on walks, I don't want to be responsible for another alive thing
>>
>>37686706
>I don't want to be responsible for another alive thing

I know that kinda thing is something you would rather just avoid but believe me when I say it's paid off with the developing a relationship with another creature on this planet that is aware of your existence.
and it isnt hard to make sure a pet doesnt just die.
>>
>>37686578
Puppies are terrible cures for depression. You'll love him more than anything and still feel empty when you spend 4 hours playing tug of war to tire home out, forcing a smile the whole time, because you cant stay in your room where there's not enough room for him to run around, and your whole family is watching you play with him 100% of the time. Even though he's not enough to get you to do all the things you and he deserves you still get up every 2 hours to take him to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you still feel it in your chest when you put him in his crate and he cries for an hour, you still feel like he isn't enough to make you happy and you're not well enough to be taking care of a baby but you can't ever tell anyone because he's the only one who understands you and you would never tell him you'd rather be lying in bed the whole day than taking care of him because what kind of monster would you be then. Don't get a puppy for depression, get a previously trained, low energy dog, who knows when you can't take care of him right now.
>>
>>37686578
>>37686667
maybe the other anon who is growing plants has the right idea. doing a thing everyday, seeing it progress, sounds good.
>>
>>37686828
he really shouldn't get any pet right now, because his crying mom wants him to. His whole relationship with the pet is going to be "I have to have this pet because my mom feels guilty that I'm a failure and I feel guilty about making my mom cry. And my mom wanted me to have a pet."

relationships based on guilt and sadness and a feeling of obligation are never healthy, whether they're with a person or an animal.
>>
>>37686828
How hard is that baby clock ticking anon?
>>
File: 1494793409750.jpg (35KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1494793409750.jpg
35KB, 512x411px
My mom adopted a dog five years ago without warning me. He's a little shit that never shuts the fuck up and always pees in my bedroom even if someone just took him outside.
I can't fucking wait until he dies, fuck dogs.
>>
>>37686927
the dog got ran over by a car
>>
>>37686973
I don't know/care, I just don't want him anywhere near me.
>>
>Ask the hermit crab guy
>>
get a hobby

organelle
>>
>>37686891
>relationships based on guilt

That's why I lost my friends before I got him, they couldn't just say they didn't want me. I was the fucking dog.
>>
File: 1243978207068.png (53KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1243978207068.png
53KB, 320x224px
>>37686706
>25 and my dad pays my rent
you spoiled little fucker
>>
>>37686603
>as a 26 year old khv NEET who lives alone off welfare in a government state house

Same except I'm 38, when my dog died it was the most devastating thing ever.
Now I literally have no one and lost the only thing that loved me in this world...
;_;
>>
>>37686897
I couldn't take care of a cactus much less a baby, I have past mid twenties yet
>>
>>37687024
the fucking dog got ran over by a car
>>
>>37687096
I SAID I DO NOT CARE I HATE DOGS AND WANT HIM OUT OF MY LIFE I STILL DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO MOVE OUT BUT IM TRYING
>>
>>37686578
>Mom it's because a khv
>"what's a khv anon"
>kissless hugless virgin
>oh mommy can help i will help you get a gf
>NO REE I WAMT SEX WITH YOU I WANNA SEX MOMMY
>ok *gets undressed*
>*sucks your dick*
sorry i read too much hentai
>>
>>37686578
yes a dog is good, gets you outside, you have to learn how to train and be its master, also having it with you is kind of a social buffer.
>>37686667
like he said there are drawbacks it may reinforce negative roles but the baby example is usually used when two people aren't getting along, your problem is doing nothing so introducing a little stress and responsibility is probably a good thing. but you want to lead and have it be your own dog and not rely on your mother to take care of it. another drawback is it might be a tether to your mom's house when you should be getting out and away as much as possible.
>>
Puppies are a huge amount of work and if you don't put the work in then the puppy will grow into a poorly behaved adult dog that makes you miserable with constant barking, using your home as a bathroom, destroying your property, etc.

I have a dog that I love more than anything but I had to put massive amounts of time and energy into training him. Hours a day everyday for the first 18+ months of his life. It's a giant responsibility that you shouldn't take lightly.
>>
>>37686578
A puppy would destroy your life. That is the last thing you need right now.
>>
>>37686578
>Hmm, my son has proven himself incapable of handling responsibility.
>I know! I'll give him a fucking puppy!
Come on.
>>
>>37686578
>She thinks getting a puppy would be good for me. That the motivation and responsibility would pull me in the right direction.

Thats stupid af
She just wants to convince herself that she is doing something about your situation without applying too much effort into it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.