[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why I have given up on dating

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: lonesoldier1.jpg (9KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
lonesoldier1.jpg
9KB, 300x204px
Alright so I'll just get on with it I suppose.

I was watching Game of Thrones season 1 last night when I saw an incredibly emotionally charged scene when Denaerys goes into the "house of the undying".

The plot line is that she is supposed to go into every door on the right. And that she will see some very troubling things.

One of which is her former husband Khal Drogo and her unborn son. She is implored by Drogo to stay and live with her and be happy.

That's when it hit me. Everything we've been told is a big nasty lie.

Do you think for one second that we've been lied to without reason?

Telling someone a lie without meaning to isn't a lie. That's just false information.

Women and Men are wired very differently. Many women don't see things, such as dating and relationships the same way as men. This is something the vast majority of us already know.

They also do not feel the same way as us. Men are viewed as objects to be played with, their emotions have no impact on decisions that women make.

There are some women out there who do try to act nice, and try to make you feel accepted and all. But it's an act.

(continued)
>>
>>37684510
>reddit spacing
no thanks
>>
File: IMG_1176.jpg (106KB, 774x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1176.jpg
106KB, 774x1024px
>>37684510
She goes into the House of the Undying in the second season you fucking pleibeian.
Try again.
>>
File: veteran1.jpg (104KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
veteran1.jpg
104KB, 683x1024px
>>37684510
Just like the scene in the "house of the undying" the use of deception to emotionally control Danerys, this is used against us as well.

Since we were little children, we saw the movies and believed them. The happy endings, the hero always wins, and the bad guys get what they deserve.

How could we believe this? Although we were children, we always knew that it was just a movie.

Although subconsciously we were all lying to ourselves.

We tried hard in school, got decent enough grades. Never colored outside the lines, never cursed in front of adults or teachers, never tried to do anything that would be "bad".

Then as we got older we started to see that the kids who were always in trouble were "popular" while we looked on and and saw the cute girl we had our eye on go back and forth between these guys who we had always disliked, even resented for doing whatever they wanted and still getting out on top.

That's when I started noticing a change in movies. The new bad guys weren't just pure evil anymore.

These villians had a motive, a motive that everyone else detested but we quietly understood.

I think it was when I saw Magneto trying to stand up for the other mutants in one of the newer X-MEN movies.

We tried asking a few girls only to get laughed at. Those were always the worst. We always thought we could handle a regular rejection but the vicious nature of being laughed at is what got us. (Its what got me at least)

That's when we fully realized how we had be lied to.

From the very beginning it was always "just be yourself anon"

hollow advice if there ever was any.
>>
>>37684695
So we start becoming cynical.

We drive people away and we question the motives of people who attempt to befriend us.

And then when we successfully drive everyone away, and we are completely alone we wonder why we are all alone.

yes it is our own fault, but at the same time it isn't.

The world we live in, the real world not the sheltered bubble we placed ourselves in, is a very cruel and unforgiving place.

A lion will eat a thousand adorable baby rabbits and not even think twice.

Anyway, I'm just rambling at this point. It's 9:18 AM and I'm seriously considering drinking a bottle of whiskey.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.