[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women-dominated work environments

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>be a skilled, college educated professional
>worked at a corporate environment but got laid off work
>worked at an arts and crafts shop for free to pass the time (drying flowers, making ribbons and shit)
>owner is an acquaintance of family
>all coworkers are female, first time experiencing this
>some are middle aged women but mostly young girls
>work environment was incredibly different from corporate
>they made sure to update each other on their status at the start of the day: everything from family, to clothes, to where and what they ate last night
>the length of pleasantries was incredibly long
>chattering was non-stop, even during work they talked
>for the first few weeks they were really "nice" and talked to me a lot, asked how I was doing a lot etc.
>noticed they were actually checking me out
>some of the younger girls were really upfront asking for my previous work, where I lived one was so bold to ask how much taxes I paid; this happened in the first few days mind you
>was used to a corporate atmosphere so I tried to be really professional and gave quick, concise answers to not waste their time, unless I really didn't want them to know something
>it wasn't long until we both realized we were very different people
>>
>>37682621
>I couldn't hold a long conversation with any of them; not that I didn't want to talk but my conversations were about the work, if I was doing alright, was I doing the decorations correctly, was I quick enough while theirs steered more towards small talk and hobbies (and we didn't have common hobbies)
>also couldn't adapt to their extravagant pleasantries
>some started to get visibly irritated at my answers
>they started to not talk to me anymore
>they treated me like I wasn't in the room
>they became really critical of me, and I do have a number of ticks like I mutter when I'm thinking, which I did because I had idle time so I thought about my previous work
>I did manage to sort of befriend one of the girls and she told me I was weird (and I thought they were weird too)
>also said I was a snub who didn't get into the conversation
>started to get really annoyed at how unprofessional they were
>stress slowly mounted while going to "work"
>it got to the point they were shooing me away from certain parts of the store, delegating me to lone tasks to keep me away from the rest of the group
>told me to not join in some work to make things quick even though they
>shit hit the fan when it was my birthday, the owner threw me a little party and nobody even greeted me after I gave a few of them chocolates on their birthdays
>finally decide to quit and gave notice to the owner
>right about the end, I started just ignoring them too
>at the last day, bought everyone pizza just to part
>no one told me goodbye but I could see a bit of shame on their faces

Is this how it is for most women-majority work environments? Because never again.
>>
Yes that is true. Especially if it's a fucking flower shop where they just pluck some fucking flowers while gossiping to each other.
>>
>>37682684
Yeah but damn, it got fucking savage
>>
>noticed they were actually checking me out
delusional
>>
None of this shit makes any sense? Why would you work somewhere for free? Volunteering is a totally different arena but just showing up to some small business your friend runs and treating your work with such seriousness you can't handle idle conversation just seems nonsensical.

This shit sounds made up
T. Cashier at a grocery store with many female coworkers
>>
>>37682745
Idk, maybe. Some of their questions were really prying.
>>
>>37682834
I was down and I was talking to my mom who said maybe I wanted to work there and maybe meet someone.

I wouldn't say I was serious but that's sort of the way I'm used to socialize. When I worked corporate, we'd talk about guy stuff. We started our conversations over, wanna drink? and over the work we did. Talking about trivial stuff like every member of our family and long exchanges is exhausting.
>>
You have autizm OP you know this right?
>>
>>37683239
Yes, but the good kind :) . I've had decent success and friendships so far apart from the last bit.
>>
>>37683263
So did you want to become friends with the girls or not? You don't have to engage in the convo, just be part of it because it seems like you wanted to be part of the the group.
>>
>>37683342
I wouldn't say I was desperate to be part of the group. I treated it as a plus, great if it happened, no biggie if not. I did reach out - I'd strike a conversation and I greeted them in the morning but the conversations just didn't last long.

We just weren't at the same wavelength. The annoying thing was how it devolved from that. I just didn't expect that. I can't say I did anything wrong apart from making work mistakes, whcih I thought were tolerable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.