[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say that women pressure other women to wear makeup?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4165.jpg (96KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4165.jpg
96KB, 564x564px
Why do people say that women pressure other women to wear makeup?
>>
>>37670503
Because it's usually women that can actually notice and know the difference. Have you ever looked at a girl and thought "what a wonderful dress, it matches her shoes and earrings, let me ask her where she got it from"? No, right? That0s because we don't really care. That old joke about women getting haircuts and their husbands not noticing is also common when it comes to make up and clothing. They care about it, we really don't care all that much.

Of course, there is a theory that says that they are pressured into this by the constant messaging of hot chicks in different media, a role model which is pretty unobtainable for most girls.

Anyway, people say that because it's actually true. I've never heard a guy saying that he asked his gf to put on make up. But I've heard numerous times passive agressive comments between women because one of them looks like shit due to no make up.
>>
File: 1495172924598.jpg (73KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495172924598.jpg
73KB, 600x750px
>>37670503
Women are pressured in to wearing make up because they are judged by men by a much more aggressive standard. How does an ugly guy respond to being mocked? It is socially acceptable for him to fight, he could develop skills to overcome it.

Ultimately, men can see other men beyond physical appearance. Men can't see women the same way so women are coerced in to working harder on their appearance (make-up). Then women internalise this standard and judge other women the same way.
>>
I think it's cause they're envious of a woman who is brave enough to risk dying alone, being treated worse, being judged entirely on their merits and not their looks, etc.

I refuse to wear makeup. I want someone with a good personality, and looks are pretty secondary. If someone preferred me based on my looks there would be a fundamental unequalness to the relationship I would not be comfortable with.

A lot of my female friends accuse me of "shaming" them, and insist that no one will ever love me unless I "put my best foot forward". I even had a female friend go on for an hour inistsing that men will always prioritise looks and I was risking my future. I (usually) have more faith in men's capacity to value people for their humanity than that.

TLDR: if someone is insecure enough to wear makeup everyday, then they're insecure enough to attack someone who deviates from their behaviour in any way.

Even more TLDR: crab bucket
>>
>>37671527
You sound like an insufferable cunt desu
>I'm not shaming my friends but they must be insecure to wear make-up

You probably should cover your ugly face a little for their sake
>>
File: 1487800471392.webm (778KB, 542x426px) Image search: [Google]
1487800471392.webm
778KB, 542x426px
>>37670503
Because it creates competition; they don't want to lose, so they have to follow suit.
>>
>>37672115
Found the insecure roastie who wears makeup. >>37671527 is right desu.
>>
>>37670503

Because men don't notice or care for makeup. Inexperienced teenage boys fall for it because they don't know about the financial costs, the time costs, the personality costs, and messiness of living with a woman who has put on her face everyday.

>>37670912

WRONG. Men don't care. Women are the shallow ones.
>>
>>37672149
wtf most of them looks better natural than with all this make up to me
>>
>>37672991
sure they do, you leddit-tier PC faggot
>>
>>37672115
Stay salty make-up wearin ho'
>>
>>37670503
It's just an excuse, same as drug users saying they were "pressured" to start.
>>
>>37672991
No they dont. And none of then are browsing so chill.
Also whats with all the bags?
>>
>>37672991
Fuck off back to tumblr faggot.
>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
File: 1462060150507.jpg (32KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1462060150507.jpg
32KB, 325x346px
>>37670503
>say women don't need to wear make-up
>"ugh I don't wear it for men, I wear for myself"
>at some other point she highlights how women "have" to wear make-up as an example of some kind of oppression
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.