[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0826.jpg (39KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
39KB, 500x421px
What are your thoughts about college
>>
It's your last chance to fix your life
>>
>>37663056
Not for everyone. And if you don't network and make connections you're usually wasting time and money.
>>
>>37663056

It was the best thing I ever did. Let me escape parents which put me on the path to normiehood.

If you're talking about whether it's worth the money it isnt debateable, just google earnings with education.
>>
>>37663056
waste of money,join the military
>>
It's not for everybody. You should not go unless you know what you want to do. You should not go for a degree which will not help you get a job. You need to take it very seriously and make it priority 1 in your life - dicking around on your computer should be 2nd
>>
https://youtu.be/O-YSHDnFB0k
Pretty much this. I just know my own degree of course.
But this is highly specific to CS/software development studies.

But you should know that a degree isn't just about how good you are at the job you think the degree leads to.
>>
>>37663084
>network and make connections
This is exactly what I missed. Being socially retarded is a huge drawback when it comes to college, even in engineering.
I just want to prove my worth without having to convince a retarded HR interviewer first.
>>
>>37663513
>even in engineering
Engineering these days is getting competetive as fuck, so unless if you got straight a's at Harvard or something networking is a near must. I'm no fan of sucking higher up dick either but if you want to get anywhere that's what you'll have to do. A majority of people should just go to trades, they'll find good work for good pay and getting a job is damn near guaranteed considering there's quite a lack of people going into them.
>>
>>37663056

The social aspect is good, almost vital for the average, well-adjusted young adult.

Academically it's almost worthless unless you know you want a career that requires an advanced degree and education, like in STEM, law, or medicine. However, even in the liberal arts it at least allows a venue for you to build professional connections if you have the social acumen to do so.

I personally fucking hate it even though I'm almost done, the only reason I've stuck with it is because my parents are paying for it. I'll have a liberal arts bachelor's and some experience in various clubs, but no job prospects directly related to my major.

You have to know what you want and what your expectations are for yourself to get out of your college experience, otherwise you'll just flounder through it while wasting a lot of money (unless you're lucky like me).
>>
>>37663168
Sorry I lied I don't have a degree yet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.