[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop being so empathetic about everything?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1493542633892.png (515KB, 1051x912px) Image search: [Google]
1493542633892.png
515KB, 1051x912px
How can I stop being so empathetic about everything?
>>
chances are you probably can't. Instead of denying that part of yourself, learn to accept it and then use it to your advantage, whatever your morality decides is the limit.
>>
>>37661700
you don't even believe in your own compassion it's already dying
>>
File: t3_5sbc24.jpg (205KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5sbc24.jpg
205KB, 960x637px
>>37661700

do lots of drugs you pussy. Stop being a whiny little bitch and embrace the depths of your own depravity.
>>
stop being a pussy and realize altruism doesn't exist. you're just attention seeking
>>
>>37661754
he didn't say he was altruistic he said he was empathetic

now go get your mom to make you tendies
>>
>>37661786
im not in the mood to argue, and your response was boring
>>
>>37661733
I hate it desu, I want to stop caring about things.
>>
File: t3_69r4j5.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
t3_69r4j5.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
>>37661854

I think you want to pretend like you could stop caring about yourself but the truth is that you never really cared about yourself in the first place. If you allow your gift of empathy to be wasted on others instead of yourself first, you are serving only the illusion of your own ego.

You need to look at yourself to understand why you care about other things, whatever those things are.

I don't know you from the next person, anon, but you need to stop moping about your problems and just do something for the next five minutes. Before you browsed r9k001, what were you avoiding? Go do that, five minutes, right now.

Cunt.
>>
>>37661917
You don't get it. Nothing you said made sense. When will your normals leave my fucking board?
>>
Are you a Pisces, OP?

It depends on what you mean by this. Are you trying to become more capable of dealing with people in the every day world, like not feeling guilty at your job when someone buys something you know is crap? Or are we talking about being too overcome with constant thoughts of empathy?

If it's the latter, the solution is to understand that while empathy is a very good thing compared to everything else - it's not very functional, is it? It'd be a hundred times better to cut out feeling empathy for a month or two and change your diet to vegan, rather than continue to eat meat but feel empathy the whole time.
>>
>>37662045
>Are you a Pisces
I am. I can't stand it. I feel like I never grew out of my emotional teenage phase.
>Or are we talking about being too overcome with constant thoughts of empathy?
This. I try to mask it with edginess but deep down it's still there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.