[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do i stop having social anxiety?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
how the fuck do i stop having social anxiety?
>>
>had severe social society since kid
>parents never helped me out even though i talked to them about it in highschool
>"everyone gets shy and scared, anon"
>now am hikineet and parents are getting mad at me
I wish I knew how to handle it too. Even cruises in the car when my older sister takes me out to get some drive-thru fast food every other month makes me start panicking. And then I want to cry when I get home.

I just wanted a normal childhood and teenage years, but my fear of socialization made me miss out on everything. I'm going to miss out on my young adult life. I wish I knew how to handle it too.
>>
I'm the same way anon. It makes me feel like I'm missing out on what olders call the 'best years of my life'. How can these be my best years if I'm sitting inside my dorm room having a panic attack because someone suggested the idea of possibly hanging out some time.
>>
>>37660515
>>37660582

ERP

Exposure Response Prevention, you have to practice being in social situations until you become more comfortable in them, it's the only way
>>
>>37660515
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Social Anxiety real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From other Humans Close Your Door Haha
>>
just take a gun
and take it out on the world
kill random people
>>
>>37660515

Start to know from where it comes.
When you think about talking to someone, what do you expect to happen?
Do you have nothing to say?
Do you feel ashamed? Why? etc...
>>
File: gaef4981.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
gaef4981.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>37660515
Alcohol...
Original. Stupid fucking board.
>>
>>37660754
i always feel ashamed or like I'm guilty of doing something wrong, i think i expect to get criticized for saying something stupid or for people to shun me and treat me like im a bad person
>>
When I'm talking to feel I tell myself I could easily kill this guy why would be afraid?
>>
Have you tried pills?
>>
smoke cigarettes
they help me quit being a mess for 5 mins at a time
>>
-after first year of college I thought I was doomed with anxiety. I got a job for a couple of months and worked on my appearance(not working out, just fashion). I was still anxious through second year but much more mild.
reading psychology and understanding that 'normies' don't exist, that everyone has problems..
taking kratom also helps, it's legal and cheap and gives you less anxiety/makes you feel happy socially
>>
>>37660791

>i think i expect to get criticized

Maybe you will be criticized, maybe not. It shouldn't matter. Expecting a good answer when you try to engage a conversation is a part of the problem.

Just be urself, i mean it, really. If people don't like what you trully are, then try with another people. You can't fit with anyone. I can't handle a conversation with a Chad or a Stacy, we are just to different. But there is more people than that.

And its better to be alone than with people we can't appreciate.
>>
Fuck I thought I just had social anxiety for years but I did all that immersion crap, I got less anxious but I still couldn't really connect with people. Everything I do just amounts to social mimicry and feels fake, I'm probably autistic or something.
>>
only thing you can do is expose yourself to social situations willingly and hope it gets easier over time. Make sure you hang around your family every day, go downstairs to see who's there when someone visits the house. Work towards small things like that and recognise when you're lying to yourself/trying to convince yourself not to do something that you really should be doing. When your family says stuff like "haha wow Anon came out of his cave!" realise that they're making fun of you for good reason but at least they aren't saying it behind your back this time, push through it
>>
>>37660515
Therapy with a lot of exposition and antidepressants
Benzos for the first 2-4 weeks the antidepressants need to work
>>
>>37660674
Charlie Brown and the football, my friend
>>
>>37660995
Socially anxious people focus on themselves because they need to make sure they don't do something retarded, this can lead to people 'playing it safe' and going through systematic subroutines in their speech patterns. At least it's a start, now you have to learn to switch your focus on the other person, look at them and their facial expressions and respond to what they're saying as if you're actually listening and aren't just trying to end the conversation as quickly as possible. Get to it
>>
>>37661062
True enough I do come across as really inoffensive in general, it makes people like me but it prevents me from really being myself. Honestly though, when I've tried to ask questions about people in the past it always comes across as really sterile and whatever they say I just respond with "yea" or something because I guess I don't genuinely care what they have to say
>>
>>37660515
Stop worrying about what the other person thinks of you faggot. You can never know for certain what they're thinking.
>>
SHYNESS IS NIIIICE
AND
SHYNESS CAAN STOP YOOUUU
FROM DOOING ALL THE THINGS IN LIFE YOUD LIKE TOOOOO
>>
>>37660582
>social society
lmao ahahah everyone laugh at him no wonder you hate talking to people you cant even formulate a simple sentence
>>
>>37660515
yea, i had that.
got real sick of it. Took me years but now im chad or whatever.
watch wilfred on netflix, don't give a fuck to start with. It will help you get used to the feeling of success. soon not giving a fuck wont be enough, you have to find a purpose, stay as far away from depression as possible, shit doesnt help.
This will take you years, find information from multiple sources as one source becomes stale.

Remember, it is all in your head, the fear is only real to you. With time, you can control it.
Kanpai mate.
>>
There is literally one answer to this. Coming from a former avoidant paralyzed with fear around people loser, you need to realize that other people are subhuman garbage and do not matter. Thus, their opinion of you is a matter of profound irrelevence.

They won't do shit to you even IF they think you're a loser/weirdo/faglord. We live in the most accepting society in human history (unfortunately) so keep that in mind and just remind yourself when you feel like you're being made fun of or judged that they DO NOT MATTER.

Don't give me an6 "it's not that easy!!! :(" bullshit, I realized this shit and was instantly cured.

Misanthropy is the cure to anxiety.
>>
Getting my first job helped a lot. Exposure therapy is legit, you have to be thrown in social situations often and get experience so you become comfortable. I got a job at a resort hotel on the beach, almost everyone that worked there was a turbo normie 18 - 25 years old. I had to adapt quick, it wasn't smooth but I got better and better.
>>
>>37662383
maybe but its a path away from happiness
There are no fucking shortcuts just do the work
>>
>>37662416
Misanthropy can be selective, you know. I am relaticvely happy given my circumstances and I despise 99.9% of people. It's the 0.01% that actually matters anon, the people you love. Friends or family.
>>
>>37660515
you learn to live with it for a while until you find friends, then you wont be anxious around them and wont need to look for more friends

shopping, working with people etc will still suck, but you cant have it all, anon
>>
>>37662427
Everyone can matter, there is no greater joy than being liked by everyone you come across.
Not everyone is your enemy mate, just you.
>>
>>37660515
learn to embrace the discomfort. It normally leads to better things than to stow it away and never deal with.

>oh shit she's displaying indicators of interest what do i do?

play it cool, hothead. Stop thinking.
>>
>>37662505
>joy through validation from others is supreme joy
Yeah, no. You are pathetic and weak. Have a nice life bub.
>>
>>37662615
Validation through others?
No you've got it all wrong, its joy through validation from yourself, which in turn makes people like you
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.