[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is pointless. The only rational way to live is to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: 1497202947582.webm (2MB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497202947582.webm
2MB, 850x480px
Everything is pointless.

The only rational way to live is to detatch yourself from everything, lose all emotional attachment. You should be able to drop everything and just get up and leave at the drop of a hat. All other roads lead to disappointment and misery.
>>
>>37658975
bullshit. life is what you make it.

that said, if you wanna die you should be allowed to do so in the least painful way possible. this is supposed to be a civilized society.
>>
>>37658975
No duh, shitstick.
>>
>>37659014
>bullshit. life is what you make it.

While it sounds nice to say it's not true. You have limited power over what happens to you in life, generic advice like that doesn't change anything.
>>
>>37658975
>the only rational way to live is to be completely miserable
youre the deepest 12 year old i know
>>
>>37659245
Do you have anything to actually add?

Or was that it?
>>
I remember 13 too, OP.
>>
File: pepe blue eyes white.jpg (77KB, 564x822px) Image search: [Google]
pepe blue eyes white.jpg
77KB, 564x822px
>>37659265
my contribution is saying that your argument is garbage. you say all other roads lead to disappointment and misery. Why should i believe that? why should i believe a nomadic lifestyle is different. youre a child who isnt intelligent enough to create actual arguments, so you just say whatever sounds deep. but feel free to try to actually substantiate your argument for my luls
>>
>>37659275
>>37659304
>I don't have the intelligence to refute a point so I'll call him a child instead

Please leave
>>
>>37658975
>The only rational way to live is to detatch yourself from everything, lose all emotional attachment. You should be able to drop everything and just get up and leave at the drop of a hat. All other roads lead to disappointment and misery.

Its called death. If you think this is life, its sad.

At least go read Nietzsche pov of nihilism before suicide.
>>
>>37659416
I don't need other people to tell me what to believe.

All life is just a protracted death knell.
>>
File: 1497249683054.jpg (25KB, 601x483px) Image search: [Google]
1497249683054.jpg
25KB, 601x483px
>>37658975
>Babbies first existential crisis.

I remember this. Fresh out of High School. Thinking of myself as this deep thinker. Different from the rest of those sheep. Thought I had shit figured out. Cringeworthy tbqh
>>
>>37659014

>life is what you make it
>be yourself
>just talk to her
>man up

why are you optimists obsessed with baseless platitudes?
>>
>>37659512
>>37659275
>>37659245

maybe you should return to your fembot feels and trap threads
>>
>>37659512
>>37659275
>>37659304
And now you've all graduated to the "heh, everyone with a different opinion from me is underage" phase

Well done, see you in 10 years when you reach the "I cringe at what a retard I used to be" phase
>>
File: 1494351651990.jpg (26KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1494351651990.jpg
26KB, 600x668px
>>37658975
>>37659479
>At least go read Nietzsche pov of nihilism before suicide.
Literally this. Read Nietzsche and realize that nihilism can be overcome. I'm assuming you're an atheist, so replace the feeling of meaning that religion and faith used to give you with art, music and philosophy. Read the classics, listen to Beethoven, study the history of the ancients. It will fill you with joy and intrigue.
>>
>>37659558
Sorry, was referring to this
>>37659416
>>
File: e0035580_4b724a63f19eb.jpg (56KB, 588x506px) Image search: [Google]
e0035580_4b724a63f19eb.jpg
56KB, 588x506px
>>37659530
>implying that we don't have this thread on the daily also

grow up fgt.
>>
>>37659558
>I'm assuming you're an atheist, so replace the feeling of meaning that religion and faith used to give you with art, music and philosophy. Read the classics, listen to Beethoven, study the history of the ancients. It will fill you with joy and intrigue.

That's the same empty tripe the "just be urself" idiots come out with.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37658975
This is the king of the ultimate red pills.
>>
>>37659580
>That's the same empty tripe the "just be urself" idiots come out with.
No, not even close. "Just be urself" is ambiguous and has no meaning. Reading the classics, listening to Beethoven and studying the history of the ancients are defined things that you can, and should, do. Have you even tried it?
>>
While those other roads lead to inevitable disappointment and misery as you said OP, they also lead to joy and happiness. Although the latter will be few and far between for most of us, it's worth it to me in my opinion.

I feel as though I might as well try to enjoy life instead of waiting to die.
>>
>>37659591
Yes, I have.

Which is why I just told you it's worthless advice.
>>
>>37659555
>everyone with a different opinion

No just your shitty uninformed "opinion" that you didn't even phrase as an opinion. Just as a fact that you expect us to accept without question. I call it underage because people who are young and don't know much about life tend to spout their dumb ideas about reality the most and think it's all meaningless because they haven't experienced anything meaningful or done anything meaningful yet.
>>
for 70% of people on earth, life is simply not worth living.

for the other 30% who have it good by comparison, there is still far more pain than pleasure in every day life
>>
>>37658975
But the fact that life is ultimately pointless makes it even more interesting. if you were born and told what to do, that would suck. Treat life like a sandbox game but avoid dodgy neighbourhoods.
>>
>>37659373
>>37659555
the op didnt even make an argument. that's my point. he just said that everything is worthless except being nomadic. im just asking him to explain that point. sorry, i should have realized that asking you to explain your arguments would trigger you
>>
>>37659654
It was meant to provoke discussion, instead I seem to have attracted a brigade of nitpicking autists who are upset that something wasn't explicitly stated as opinion
>>
>>37659716
who wants to "engage in a discussion" with a teenage nihilist though?
>>
>>37659735
1. I'm not a teenager

2. I'm not a nihilist

3. If you're not interested in discussing the thread topic then why are you posting in the thread?
>>
>>37659066
Depends what you understand by "life", you have the power to affect what the rest of the world places in front of you.
If you see a 100$ note on the ground, it is not because of your actions that those 100$ were sitting there,
but it is thanks to you picking it up that that you now have100$ in your pockets
>>
>>37659632
>Yes, I have.
What exactly of my recommendation have you tried?
>>
>>37659756
because I want to ridicule your juvenile worldview. Try tipping your fedora to a 91 year old grandparent who built a successful business, influenced tons of lives. Lived through various technological advancements and is dying surrounded by his loved ones and tell that man he made the wrong life decisions and that he should have lived as a mute, autistic homeless person because sometimes live gets sad.
>>
>>37659716
you made a retarded comment. dont be butthurt when people laugh at how retarded it is
>>
>>37659716
>make stupid thread
>everybody lafs at me
>no everyone else must wrong
>n-nitpicking autists
>>
>>37659479
Don't listen to these normalfags OP, I completely agree with you. Detaching yourself emotionally is the only way to survive in this world.
>>
>>37659905
>adopting the mindset of bascially rick from rick & morty
>calling others normalfags
>>
I like pretending that ghosts and shit like that is real. Ive been going to forest latetly and talking with trees. Mfw magic is not real. When you think deeper about it world sure seems like a shitty place. mfw girls like in anime are not real and never existed. God is not real. All morals are made up. Everything that moves normal people forward is artificial. Place a chair on the moon and sit. Think for a bit. Observe. What the fuck is this planet.What exactly do we do. There is no purpose. And you cant take solace in just enjoying things. Not when you are poor and ugly. Hedonism for the rich. Labor for the poor. Suicide for self conscious. That how i tought when i was younger. But now im old and stopped counting candles. And im fucking talking with the trees listening to happy bubbly music from my headphones.
>>
File: 1495159708731.gif (984KB, 149x158px) Image search: [Google]
1495159708731.gif
984KB, 149x158px
>>37660208
I think its safe to say we've hit the lowest point in the thread.

Sage.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.