[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I try Ketamine?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ketamine.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ketamine.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
This is a hypothetical, but I find it so interesting that I thought I'd share it with you guys and see what you think.

To begin with, I have Depression with prolonged Apathy and severe Anhedonia (lack of pleasure). I don't really feel emotions, nor have any sort of passion, convictions, libido, or goals. Although I spend a lot of time each week trying out new hobbies, nothing sticks. Everything is about as thrilling as watching paint dry, and I always end up back on here out of boredom. Traditional cures for Depression, such as exercise and proper diet, do not fix that.

Here's the interesting part: there's a drug that (probably) can. It's Ketamine, and for the price of $400-800 USD, I can have my feelings restored for a period of 1-2 weeks. That's super expensive, though, and considering that your mood falls back to base level with no long-term benefits, it's difficult to decide whether it's worth it at all. If you guys were in the state I am in, would you do it? Save up for a few months or a year, just to have one month where you can feel again, even knowing you'll inevitably return to apathy?
>>
You can buy a gram of high quality ketamine on the darknet for $110 shipped. Even less if you're in Europe.
Just weight and plan your doses so you don't become an addict. That or get decent health insurance to cover treatment.
>>
It doesn't cure depression.
>>
>>37657927
I've had Ketamine infusions and they've helped in several ways. Their effects were the most effective when combined with positive social stimuli.
I'm currently taking Ketamine lozenges, but I find I'm building a tolerance to them and my problems are returning gradually since I have no stable source of positive socialization.
I'd like to take these lozenges daily, but they're a scheduled drug so it can't be prescribed daily according to the clinic I'm receiving them from.
Maybe there's somewhere online I could get them from, but I lack the attention span to look through all the darknet markets for them.
>>
>>37657927
Don't do it, OP. Smoke weed instead.
>>
Yup life is a fuck. Tons of people can use psychedelics to help their mental state (this is a scientific fact don't hit me with the "dude weed lmao" memes) but they remain illegal because society is scared by them.

Have you tried any other psychs? LSD helps me quite a bit (temporarily, one trip only makes me feel normal for about a week). If you haven't you may want to try other psychs and research chems to see if you can replicate the effects of ketamine with a cheaper, semi-legal drug
>>
>>37657970
Health insurance covers Ketamine? Really?
>>37658002
No, but do most antidepressants?
>>37658004
The tolerance is another scary part. Your post reminds me of a similar story from someone who took Ketamine long-term and noticed a sharp decline in potency.
>>37658034
Too hard to obtain.
>>37658040
I'm not confident enough with my mental state to try psychedelics. My family's mental illness history is nebulous, and given the sudden inexplicable appearance of my disease, I'm scared to risk discovering something awful.
>>
>>37657927
ketamine is a dissociative, i dont see how the fuck thats going to help you cure depression.
pretty much everytime ive done it i just space out for an hour or 2 until i come to and realize where the fuck im at usually not knowing how exactly i got there, again i dont know why you would think this would be any kind of cure for depression
>>
>>37658093
>Health insurance covers Ketamine?
If you have good insurance yes. Here's an incomplete directory of clinics in the US if you happen to be American:
http://www.ketamineadvocacynetwork.org/provider-directory/
Psychiatrists can also provide it as an off label use since it's not approved for treating depression yet.
>>
>>37658122
I have been told it is very effective at temporary easing Anhedonia, which is my biggest problem. There's been a ton of research into its effects on Depression as a whole over the last decade, really. Just look it up.
>>37658158
Found one ~20 minutes away, lucky me. The requirements are having tried three antidepressants prior, so I'm not eligible yet, but this is really useful. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>37658093
AFAIK the only mental disorder psychs can trigger is schizophrenia which only happens if it's already dormant inside you (meaning you'd probably get it anyways). Also as someone already said ketamine is a dissociative which is a type of psych so you'd still be doing them with ketamine.
>>
>>37658258
Guess I won't rule them out completely. I really need to see a doctor first, and if neither antidepressants nor pot help my illness, I'll probably give something like LSD a try.
>>
File: 1431627932253.png (185KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
1431627932253.png
185KB, 500x580px
yes K is one of the few things in this world that does not suck cock

it doesn't cure my depression but its still a big step up

>>37658258
shrooms, lsd and even pot can trigger an increase of psychotic symptoms for me but K never has
neither has dxm for that matter
>>
>>37657927
Bro I was the same way as you. I have no experience with ketamine but what I can recommend based on my experience is the following:

>nitrous oxide
>acid (LSD)

I have kick started my brain back into action and life is truly beautiful now.
>>
DEXTROMETHORPHAN

very original
>>
>>37657970
How do you get to the dark net? I have a for browser but I dunno what to do from there
>>
>>37658093
>weed
>hard to obtain

where do you live man? Alaska?
>>
>>37657927
>I don't really feel emotions, nor have any sort of passion, convictions [...]
Try LSD microdosing. Microdosing is doing a very small dose that does not cause visual effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfujOoaW8_Q
>>
>>37657927
low infrequent doses combined with actual effort to improve your life, dont snort it regularly, shit eats at your nostrils more than coke, like tiny burning shards of glass, very convenient high though, its over in a short time and its quick to get blitzed, as soon as you taste the drip you begin the trip :)
>>
>>37661092
this dosnt work for me, the only significant long-term solution ive had with LSD was by taking extremely high doses, my highest was 1050 micrograms, i dont care if you dont believe me, i was tripping so hard i had barely any idea what or who i was, i had no idea how to piece thoughts together it lasted around 18 hours and i slept for 20 hours afterwards and was still worn out the next day, i still feel slightly feral
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.