[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We post post our favorite albums and explain why.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 11

File: cuck.jpg (165KB, 1050x1068px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
165KB, 1050x1068px
My favorite album has to be "You Will Never Know Why" by Sweet Trip.
from the album cover down to the tracks this album delivers a deafening blow of feels while keeping up an upbeat sound without any hint of sadness unless listening to the lyrics closely.

The Album cover in conjunction with the name has the theme of suicide, something that I assume most robots think of in a daily basis, I found it quite tasteful.

The Track "Darkness" is by far the best in the album, the lyrics are blunt and hard hitting giving the listener the sad black truth of a destroyed relationship and the thoughts that occurs to everyone in their lives that has loved.

This album by far deserves several listens to anyone that is an avid dream pop fan.
>>
File: 14.jpg (422KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
422KB, 3000x2000px
The Impossible Kid by Aesop Rock
becasue it's pretty fucking good and deals with topics like isolation and loss that i can get down to bc im a fukin loser
>>
One of my favorite has to be Framing Armageddon by Iced Earth

Effectively tells a tale of a sentient race that inhabited earth before humans arrived. The race foresaw a 'Space Virus' coming for their planet, and the space virus was humans.

Keeping it short, they pretty much get slaughtered except for a couple thousand of them locked away in the mountains, and they succeed in wiping the memory of all the humans on earth, and this is the origin of man on earth.
The precursor race pretty much uses what little power they have to form human history, creating religions and ideologies with which to divide the human race on earth for ages.

If not for the story, the music in incredibly badass and a majority of the songs on it gives me shivers down my spine. The vocals in combination with the instruments makes for a very powerful and moving album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5btOEuf6G3Y
>>
I think The Wall is my favorite (not the one i listen the most, that would be Wish You Were Here). Imo TW is a brilliant work from Pink Floyd, but principally Roger Waters. The album explores a lot of social and psychological issues one can have while growing up, ones which i identify myself with. From dad dying when you're still young to a woman leaving you and neglecting love. Also i love the live performances, they really give the album a very good image. Masterpiece is the most adequate word to describe it
>>
File: 152.gif (2MB, 480x329px) Image search: [Google]
152.gif
2MB, 480x329px
For me it's OK Computer, it's just such a good and experimental album that blew away my teenage self, it now has a very profound value for me, the synths, the vocals, everything about the album is really good plus the narrative that generates out of it can make up for some interesting thinkpieces which are still relevant to this day
>>
>>37654739
source for this pls kind sir
>>
Hard for me to choose. I kinda go through phases where I'm super into an album for like a month, and then get super obsessed with something else. I've been super into TPAB from Kendrick Lamar and Tri-Polar from Sick Puppies recently. No super deep reason, I just like how they sound.
>>
>>37654828
don't have the specific video, but she's called shiori tsukada if that helps
>>
This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about by Modest Mouse.

Its comfy and calming while also being a little melancholy. A nice rainy or bad day album and if its not one its the other.
>>
File: IMG_7450.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7450.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
>>37655139
Forgot album cover.
>>
'Since I Left You' by The Avalanches
>>
File: H0027-L15193093.jpg (150KB, 750x597px) Image search: [Google]
H0027-L15193093.jpg
150KB, 750x597px
I have several..

>Placebo - Placebo
from my teenage days, they changed my view on music and art in general, those sexual, deranged, deep lyrics haunted me, it was the soundtrack to my drama teenage cringe days, I even got my first gf because of this band (still s virgin so don't reeeeeee on me)

>Godspeed you! Black emperor - Infinity
changed my taste in music in general, also inspired me to work on my first scrypt

>Nurse with wound - Homotopie to Mary
changed my way to understand art and music in general, also inspired to writte my second book and other stuff

>Camel - Snow goose
my favourite book transformed into music, it made me cry the first time I listen to it just like when I read the book, beautiful in every sense
>>
File: 1495190349898.gif (208KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495190349898.gif
208KB, 200x200px
Whose more cucked, Pearl or Star Butterfly?
>>
>>37655139
>>37655151

Modest Mouse is my favorite band of all time and I absolutely love their first three albums + Building Nothing.
>>
https://youtu.be/G6YGIgkOJlE

My favorite album is Eleventh Vibration - Illusion. There's just something about it that I can't get over or stop listening. It doesn't have any lyrics but it doesn't need any. It allows you to feel both your own emotions and theirs at the same time. Good shit.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
"Amen & Goodbye" by Yeasayer, mainly because Divine Simulacrum is pretty much the oneitis/waifu theme. Even has qt anime girl on the cover (pic). The whole thing is technically pop, but has some bizarre spin in it to make it worth listening.
Also Suzzy Vox adds some beautiful vocals to a couple songs.
>>
File: DrDre-2001.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DrDre-2001.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
i dont even care if you faggots think it's stupid
this is the best album ever and 'What's The Difference' is the best song crafted by human demigods
>>
File: homepage_large.75b8c461.jpg (105KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.75b8c461.jpg
105KB, 319x319px
crystal castles 1

a beautiful mix of manic synthpop with deep undertones of pure darkness.

a beautiful supermodel in a fancy hotel, her throats slit and glitters dashed upon her lifeless body.
>>
Weezer - Pinkerton
>inb4 normie shit
I listened to album when it just hit the shelves.
Made me realize songs, can have deeper meanings.
>>
>>37657298
>Weezer
>Deeper meaning
Lmao. Listen to something real like Rogue Taxidermy by Days n Daze
>>
>>37654102
why is femcucking so hot
>>
File: Ultima II Massage.jpg (324KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima II Massage.jpg
324KB, 540x540px
because i'm an autist who is obsessed with sounds with odd textures

also the fact that its so gritty/sounds like its broken/being drowned is really cool
>>
File: symbolic.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
symbolic.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
This borderline masterpiece here.
Guitar is phenomenal, lyrics are thought-provoking (sometimes prophetic, see 1,000 Eyes) and backed by great vocals as well. Only nitpicks I have are that the riffs are a little too similar to each other and Chuck sometimes slurs his words.
98/100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt1WkhvxxMg
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.