[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sylvain brought you this diagram to see if you can help him with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474967819298.gif (32KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1474967819298.gif
32KB, 256x192px
Sylvain brought you this diagram to see if you can help him with it.

Several circles and squares are pictured in the diagram below. How many times larger is the area of the blue square when compared to that of the red square?
>>
Four x
>>
>>37650882
let's use x for the side of the red square

in that case, x^2 is the area of the red square

the length of the red square's diagonal, and the diameter of the inner circle, and therefore the length of the side of the middle square, is x*sqrt(2)

similarly, the diameter of the outer circle is (x*sqrt(2)*sqrt(2)), or 2x, and so the side length of the blue square is 2x as well

(2x)^2 = 4x^2; therefore it is 4 times larger, QED
>>
>>37650989
>QED
why do loser nerds always do this
>>
is this jew gonna pay me
>>
>>37651418
>jew
you just answered your own question
>>
>>37650989
I was thinking along the same lines but you can just rotate the middle square 45 degrees an it becomes obvious that it must be half the size of the blue and twice the size of the red.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.