[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No disrespect. I don't mean to be an asshole, but I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4589.jpg (99KB, 1210x908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4589.jpg
99KB, 1210x908px
No disrespect. I don't mean to be an asshole, but I'm genuinely curious as to why the US has an obesity problem?

Anyone here care to take a guess as to why there are so many obese people here? I see very round and large people all the time at my wagecuck job. I see very little to none of this in certain countries in Europe. It seems very common in the US.

But why?
>>
Mexico has a worse obesity problem actually. It's all about food culture, our most obese states are in the south where people eat shit like chicken and waffles and grits on a regular basis.
Mexico is worse because Mexican food is fattening as fuck over a larger area
>>
bc we fukin drive everywhere and never walk
>>
>>37632763
>>37632738
Every country has a rising obesity problem and the rate is only speeding up.
>>
>>37632738
We're anti drugs sex, touchy about music, and hard labor, so what else is there to do?

Also, we are the glutton country for electrical, gas, and food, car ownership, you name it, we have the most of it. We're one third of world air pollution, if I recall, yet one twentieth of it's population.
>>
one word: capitalism
>>
>>37632738
Because we have a populaton that's attempting to sustain itself on foods which are wracked with saturated fat and cholesterol. Ask any American in the south here if they eat any green vegetables, and if they don't say no, they will make sure to tell you they cook their collard greens in pig fat
>>
>>37633923
Unfortunately, you're right. The ability to buy any food any time has led to many Americans just taking the easy way out, going to drive thrus or similar restaurants instead of cooking healthy meals at home
>>
>>37632738
we have lots of food that's all three of: fattening, cheap, convenient
>>
>>37632738
There's a reason for there being a McDonald's or Burger King on every street corner...They get lots of business! A country of people making themselves sick on quick and easy diabetes-inducing food
>>
Ever since I started working I figured out why. Working overtime on an important project, I will get hungry and get a snack bar out of the vending machine to stay up. Then I go home and sleep instead of going to a gym. Repeat.
>>
>>37633991
That is not why people are fat and sick. You can be the world's laziest couch potato, but if you're diet consists of sweet potatoes and kale greens three times a day, you're going to have a healthier circulatory than a majority of the US population. It comes down to diet.
>>
>>37634032

Who is going to cook a healthy diet when they are working all the time. Just going to go across the street for fast food or get vending machine stuff.
>>
high fructose corn syrup. at some point the jews decided to start using it to increase profits because it's cheaper than sugar, and obesity rates started rising.
>>
>>37634051
I work 40 hrs a week with over time. I cook every meal of mine. If I know I'm going to be later than usual getting home, I'll bring with me some bananas or other fruit. The quick and easy shit IS killing us, but it's a vicious cycle when you don't even have the energy to cook your own food. You are right though. Compared to our ancestors, our lives are over scheduled and draining. Leaving little to no time for proper nutrition without genuine effort
>>
>>37634060
it's also sweeter than sugar. Think about that, it's more sugary than sugar.
>>
>>37634112
best way someone explained it to me is, sugar is heroin and high fructose corn syrup is fentanyl
>>
>>37634112
Not to mention the Jews in the dairy industry pushing kids to drunk the excrement of cows. Cows milk is loaded with pus and disease, not to mention all o f the cholesterol and saturated fat involved
>>
People are very lazy here.
Also healthy/green/organic food costs a fuck ton more than regular food, so they say to themselves "why should I buy this salad when I can get three number 2 meals from McDonalds for the same price"
>>
>>37632738
portion sizes

junk food
>>
>>37634152
the dairy industry is probably the worst of them all. when i was in elementary school they basically fucking forced us to drink that shit because they bought into the dairy propaganda that it's healthy.

what a crock of shit.
>>
>>37634168
I would argue that healthy foods are not more expensive than the garbage people are eating. A big ass bag of kale where I live is 3 dollars. I'm talking like..twenty servings. A huge bag of sweet potatoes is like..maybe 8 dollars. Sweet potatoes provide so many vitamins and minerals it's ridiculous. And BEANS. Beans provide more antioxidants AND healthy protein than anything else, and they are literally dirty cheap. Here in FL I bought a 25 lbs of BEANS for 24 bucks.
>>
>>37634222
Yes. Unfortunately, just about the entirety of America is sold on cheese and milk being "healthy." Literally no healthy vitamins or nutrients in it besides B12 (easily supplemented). Protein AND calcium you can get from potatoes, beans, kale, etc
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (35KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
35KB, 250x250px
>>37632763
Dont know why I keep seeing this. Is it just hate toward Mexicans? I never seen a obese Mexican in my life and I live in the Southwest. Also had the pleasure of going to Mexico City and rarely any fat people. Yes most Mexicans are short and stubby but not obese.
>>
>>37632738
Two main reasons.

1. Unlike Europe or even Asia, America has an extremely shitty public transport system. It had one that was ahead of its time with cable cars at the turn of the century but then oil & car companies like General Motors and firestone got together to rip the tracks out from the ground and scrap the cable cars so that people would buy more cars and more oil. That actually happened.

2. Corn syrup. Farmers get subsidized to farm the shit out of cheap corn which gets turned into corn syrup as a cheap sugar substitute. It's in absolutely all American processed foods.

You then end up with people who drive their cars to a fast food restaurant and don't have to make the effort of getting out of their car, walking accross the parking lot, sitting down to eat their corn syrup, and then getting back up again and back in their car.

The concept of a drive-through fast food restaurant is on the level of like Roman or French Aristocrat debauchery.

>>37632763
Mexico only started getting obese around NAFTA when they swarmed their market with American corn and corn syrup. Same with any other culture around the world.

>>37634051
this guy gets it.
>>
>>37634395
>Between 1938 and 1950, National City Lines and its subsidiaries, American City Lines and Pacific City Lines - with investment from GM, Firestone Tire, Standard Oil of California through a subsidiary, Federal Engineering, Phillips Petroleum, and Mack Trucks - gained control of additional transit systems in about 25 cities. Systems included St. Louis, Baltimore, Los Angeles, and Oakland. NCL often converted streetcars to bus operations in that period, although electric traction was preserved or expanded in some locations. Other systems, such as San Diego's, were converted by outgrowths of the City Lines. Most companies involved were convicted in 1949 of conspiracy to monopolize interstate commerce in the sale of buses, fuel, and supplies to NCL subsidiaries, but were acquitted of conspiring to monopolize the transit industry.
>>
>>37634395
>That actually happened.
it did but it also went with, not against, the grain of societal trends at the time. People were fleeing cities en masse to the suburbs after the war. They wanted their own building, their own plot of land, and to be more spaced out from their neighbors. Sufficiently so that public transit works poorly and is financially nonviable - the people want low density, and transit needs high density. And though there's been some movement back to urban areas, a very large portion of the country prefers driving through suburbs than walking or riding through cities.
>>
>>37634490
>People were fleeing cities en masse to the suburbs after the war.

They weren't fleeing en masse, this wasn't a Pol Pot death march.

Besides, it still doesn't justify what they did to the entire transit systems of dozen of cities. That's why America today has reality TV shows about folks who weigh 600 pounds.
>>
>>37632738
I think their breakfasts have a lot to do with it. Like, they literally eat bacon at breakfast sometimes. Not to mention waffles, pancakes, tarts, hotcakes, doughnuts, etc.
>>
>>37634534
>die a fast death at the hands of auto-company trechary
>die a slow death because declining density makes them unable to earn money and invest in network maintenance and expansion

at the end of the day, in a free country with lots of space, people are gonna live where they wanna live. There'd be few things more un-American than stopping them from doing that by force. And the way most of em wanna live ain't conducive to anything but cars.
>>
>>37634605
>declining density makes them unable to earn money and invest in network maintenance and expansion

People

still

lived

in

cities.

[clapping emoji]

They immediately ripped out and scrapped perfectly fine and functional rails and street cars.

You Americans like to overlap "freedom" with an oligarchy where only the rich have the power to make decisions for other people.
>>
>>37634665
And large cities still have transit systems. Though generally just buses and rail nowadays, instead of streetcars. But there's still a limited distance out from the city center that those can reach. Or at least, that they can reach efficiently without being money sinks that nobody who has any choice in the matter uses because the bus/train arrives once every two hours.

Before the war the vast majority of people lived inside that range. After the war, millions of people moved outside it. Voluntarily, because they had the means to do so.
>>
>>37632738
The problem is twofold. First and foremost being what passes for culture here. We're all ignorant apathetic blob monsters. The things we find socially acceptable like lying to avoid conflict, never taking responsibility for ourselves and our actions, our extreme aversion to dealing with anything difficult or painful or inconvenient, the way we pander to avoid unpleasantness, the way we feel like we "deserve" things, it's caused us to have no character or will or backbone.
Secondly, an immobile blob staring into the magic glowing box that tells you what to think is more malleable and easy to control. Our government began engineering this generations ago, and their ultimate plan for us hasn't even come to fruition yet. The more time we spend trapped in the prisons we're convinced to buy for ourselves getting fatter and stupider, the less time we have to cause problems for the machine. If we're useless lardbags we can't come together and stop what they are doing. They've got us cretins watching the red versus blue sockpuppet theater like every channel isn't owned by the same fucking people, like they all aren't putting on a stupid show to distract us and keep us hating each other. We are the avatar of mankind's devolution.
>>
>>37634843
Also the less we know about how our bodies work the more money can be made off us.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.