[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving Ive been driving a five speed civic fpr anfew weeks

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (75KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 700x525px
Driving

Ive been driving a five speed civic fpr anfew weeks now and i try to avoid places where i might have to start on hills but i practice at home on a paved hill and i typically may squeal the tires taking off on a hill

occasionally it will stall but sometimes it goes smooth but anlot of the times it goes well but the tires will chirp. occasionally starting out in general i still stall but ive gotten better

should i be embarassed or is this okay? i am trying
>>
Dunno, I've been driving manual for 2 years and still have trouble in steep hill starts. The other day I was in a step as fuck hill with drinks walking on it and it was pretty hard to keep their pace without stalling the engine. At the end I think I burned the fuck out of the clutch.
>>
>>37629091
do you ever ise the hand brake? i have been practicing without it for now

would you consider a hill thats like 45 degrees upward tp be steep as fuq
>>
It will come with practice. Try to practice on an empty steep hill as much as you can until you get it done. Hondas are pretty easy to drive on stick.
>>
File: 1493681528182.png (128KB, 302x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493681528182.png
128KB, 302x480px
>>37629010
>driving manuals when automatics exist
>>
>>37629010
If it's just been a few weeks your fine, give it another month and you should be good. Go out and practice on hills in the middle of nowhere with no traffic.

>>37629091
>2 years
c'mon son
>>
>>37629010
You should find out where the bite point is on the clutch. Hill starts are pretty easy if you find the bite point first and then release the handbreak.

This is all most people's first driving lesson is about in Bongland where, predictably, automatic 'assault' cars are banned. It has never occurred to me hill starts might be considered tricky (old folks used to find them more so but that was more to do with having to fuck around with the choke).
>>
>>37629238
grow a dick
drive stick
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.