[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I hate Reddit so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: reddit.jpg (42KB, 674x501px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
42KB, 674x501px
Why do I hate Reddit so much?
>>
It's full of happy normal people and you're a miserable fuck
>>
File: 004.png (546KB, 1000x761px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
546KB, 1000x761px
>>37626758
Reddit has a pretty crappy userbase and most of their mindsets are pretty cringey (but then again, so are 4chan's) but honestly, reddit can be much more useful than 4chan in terms of real-world information. The darknet subreddits and other subreddits dealing to a myriad of topics are actually much more helpful than any of the board on 4chan.

Their "memes" and humor are shit, though.
>>
It's full of normies and shitty memes.
>>
>>37626758
Because you are so worthless and amount to nothing, so you hate on another website in the hopes of sounding like you are superior to something for once in your life.
>>
>>37626758
I hate reddit because I can't figure out where I can go to speak to people. I don't fit in here anymore so I need somewhere else to make friends with people but it is so weird to navigate
>>
>>37626758
The reddit community is absolute cancer
They don't post quality content, just a giant circlejerk to see who can the most upvotes

The only time you should go their is if there is some important information that you need that 4chan can't answer.
>>
>>37626758
Because they ruinded niche communities and small gaming (and hobbies in general) forums.
>>
>>37626773

>redditors
>happy

top keke
>>
>>37626758
idk I don't hate it, I never got with the REEEE GO BACK TO PLEBBIT STOLE OUR MEMES autism train

I used to post there but then I would delete my account after a year or a few months and did that a few times and now it's pretty much final.
Reddit is ironically more of a board made for lurking. It's more about searching for links and information. If you sow up late to a thread and there's already top-voted comments with hundreds of upvotes, whatever little opinion you might want to throw out there will never be read.

On 4chan's end, I don't like how anons just assume that reddit is nothing but liberals and sjws. They have subs entirely dedicated to women getting punched in the face and dead black people and red pill bullshit, just as much as tranny washroom and feminist memes. It's whole spectrum of the human experience.

That also leads to circlejerking and that's the worst thing.

Are you a feminist? Go post in a feminist sub and get feminist upvotes.

Are you a MGTOW? Go to their sub and get their upvotes.

Are you posting in the sub that goes against your personal opinions? Get downvoted to hell and mocked if not outright banned. it doesn't matter if you're a meninist or a feminist, an atheist or a theist, a liberal or a conservative. It's impossible to have any meaningful dialogues.
>>
>>37626758
I hate them because of their fucking "Nailed it" mentality
and all their fucking references give me cancer
>>
>>37626758
Because it's like your better-adjusted, happier, chubbier cousin who's a little nerdier than you but is in a happy relationship with a marginally cute gf
>>
It's a hugbox just like Facebook, idiots can't comprehend that someone would think or feel differently to their opinions which terrifies them.

>>37627464

It's cancer because all the references are pop culture references to very popular 80s movies and TV shows and they act like it is some secret club.
>>
File: Offerman.gif (989KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Offerman.gif
989KB, 245x245px
>>37626758
If I had to guess, you probably jumped on the reddit hate bandwagon.

Seriously, I only browsed a few times, didn't understand it, and left. I didn't spend hours on end talking about how I hated it.
>>
>>37626758
because it's filled with normies desu
>>
File: redditsucks.png (2MB, 999x2499px) Image search: [Google]
redditsucks.png
2MB, 999x2499px
this is why i hate it personally
>>
>>37626758
>The community is cancer
>Their karma system is antithetical to unique discussion or perspectives, favoring what the majority agrees with
>People will track your account activities and witchhunt you throughout the site
>The karma system promotes who can snag what's popular first, resulting in trainwrecks across the site (example: the news of Adam West's death dominating 15 different boards or whatever they're called, making the front page completely redundant)
>The shittyness of the default site forces you to get sucked in to customize it to your liking, so you're invested and willing to overlook the shittier aspects of the site because you believe if you stick to your little corner/board you can ignore the larger overtones on the site.

Just a few (poorly articulated) reasons I dislike Reddit. If you gave me more time I could come up with more and better express them.
>>
>>37627710

I find it sad nobody will watch anything as old as movies from the 80s, I know 12 Angry Men is there but it's IMDB core but still I find it really shocking how the oldest movie they've watched is The Godfather and even then it's pretty much pop culture without merit.
>>
>>37627710
I'm not a film nerd so I don't get why this would be offensive
>>
>>37628083

Everything popular on there is really just movies made for advertisement to sell on t-shirts, forgettable and disposable pop culture that will be forgotten in a week after they premier. They have no edge or depth whatsoever and it really shows in Reddit's mentality.
>>
>>37628131
I don't know that movies like The Godfather and 2001 a space oddisey were designed with the specific intent of selling toys and t-shirt but yeah a lot of those are cash-in sequels I guess.
>>
reddit would be alright is post karma didn't exist.
it just destroys all debate and conversation
>>
>>37626758
because it's a forced inside your head by 4chan
>>
>>37628083
Probably because it's pleb Hollywood pop shit. I don't watch movies so idk, just an extrapolation from their music taste.
>>
>>37628770
Actually, Reddit would be all right if mods didn't exist, other than to remove advertising spam.

The entire site became a lie as soon as they started removing content that users had upvoted to the front page.
>>
>>37627268
they are happy because they think they're better than everyone
>>
you cant have a real conversation on reddit. everyone is an expert on every topic. i actually had more interesting conversations here than on reddit.
also i feel like the most of the reddit community is really similar to the tumblr community which obviously sucks.
4chan, if you know where to look, can be a real goldmine for funny shit or just stuff you find interesting. this place is stupid, but if you get past all the bullshit its my favorite place.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.