[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start new job about 2.5 weeks ago >Most of my coworkers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 8nLFCVP.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51KB, 657x527px
>start new job about 2.5 weeks ago
>Most of my coworkers ignore me, outside of relaying information about the job
>Even when they shoot the shit, they ignore me
>For example, if it's me and two other co-workers in the room, one co-workers would call the other by name and ask their opinion on some random trivial thing
>If they are in a circle, they sometimes move or give the indication I'm not welcome
>I'm not sure if it's because I'm still "the new guy" (and I have yet to build a rapport with them), it's because I'm shy (and a little awkward), I give off some weird aura or what

I'm overthinking it, but it's weird. Even the weird guy who spews memes and Rick and Morty references wants nothing to do with me.
>>
Are you good looking or ugly?
>>
>>37625697
I'd say I'm 4 out of 10. Average, but not super good looking.
>>
>>37625355
everyone is average/ugly in the real world so dont sweat it too much. The fact that your making a thread on this shows you are socially awkward at best. You probably know this but people can literally sense your awkwardness, just stop trying to force friendship and instead try to connect with them.

Just say dumb trivial normie shit like "this weather is getting x" or "its finally friday!" and ask what they have planned for the weekend in a non creepy way. Its bound to start conversation and just let it flow from there
>>
>>37626086
Yeah. I realize I'm awkward, and people can sense it. I've been doing some of that, mainly asking about their interests or asking how long they've been there, that kind of thing. I'm bad at reading social cues, mainly pacing the conversation and how to carry on a conversation. Something I have to work on, i guess.

Thanks for the help, though, man
>>
>>37625355
That's just in your head anon. Don't worry just start some trivial stupid conversations every now and then and you'll see
>>
>>37626357
Fair enough, it just may be in my head. What kind of conversations? Stuff like >>37626086 said?

>tgif!
>some weather, eh?
Etc
>>
>>37626550
Yeah. Work related questions also. Keeping the conversation going while being professional to some degree. Win-win
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.