[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What motivates you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 29

File: image.jpg (226KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 640x640px
Im asking the people who actually want to make a change, not the bitter losers.
For me its unironically love.
>>
fear. I had a psychotic breakdown in high school. I'd describe it as a panic attack that lasted for 2 weeks. I've been following a monotonous habit of nothing but TV-watching and internet browsing for 6 years now while taking risperdole, I have been so deathly afraid of my own mind and feelings.
>>
I just want to have full autonomy of myself for once, to be able to act exactly how I want to instead of submitting to anxiety or fear desu. I also have a need to be the best version of myself I can be since I'm not gonna an hero I guess
>>
>>37620828
I don't care about anything really, just that I never fall into that state once again. GF, or whatever the fuck is just a means to that.
>>
I'm not motivated at all, probably why I haven't got anything done. It's a life or death situation at this point and I'm ruining my body with alcohol so maybe dying is my goal?
>>
>>37620787
>Asking what motivates you
>Here of all places
You could post this on any another place bruv.
>>
After being on /r9k/ for a few years and seeing you guys I decided to try stop being a robot.

If I never found this board I might have become a furry by now.
>>
what makes me motivated is the most clichee this of all the desire to help people and while doing this get some $$$ and some pussy

but it also feels good to know yourself
(((doctor wannabe)))
>>
>>37620787
>love
shill confirmed
>>
>>37620787
Desire, love, and hatred.

I want to do great things and affect my own world greatly and profoundly.

I love myself, and am worthy of happiness. No matter how much of me says otherwise, I know it's true.

My hate of what it will be to not achieve this, and my contempt of weakness are what drive me.
>>
>>37620850
this for me too. it feels like anxiety/depression makes decisions for me and i'm not in control at all.

Also i want somebody to be excited to see me. like running up to hug me when they see me etc. not even my mum does that.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497052630026.jpg (297KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497052630026.jpg
297KB, 1080x1350px
She will never know of my existence but I better myself for my 3d waifu so I can someday be worthy of sharing this planet with her
>>
>>37620953
Idk if this helps, but I managed to sort of quell my social anxiety with Lexapro. And I'd love that feel too anon, for someone to appreciate my presence.
>>
in a society looking for god you must be god to have relevance

you'll find no love from your fellow man or woman
>>
>>37620787
What motivates me is the desire to share my ideas with the world and actually improve the environment around me instead of only focusing on myself.

I learned the hard way that always being selfish all the time always makes me feel empty, that is why I changed my focus to actually making an impact on others' lives and inspiring them to live on and thrive.

whenever I do this, I feel a void within me be filled
>>
>>37621003
something else is in that void, it's pain.
>>
>>37621003
Also, I would admit that either love or hate drives me quite a lot also.

When love motivates me, I would do anything and unconditionally love a person to the point where I am willing to destroy, die, or kill for them.

When hate motivates me, I stop at nothing to bring justice to those who spited me and make sure that they have the most hellish, nightmarish life possible.
>>
>>37621047
Yes, I would admit that I do feel pain sometimes when I devote my whole self to people selflessly, but ultimately, it could be worth it.

The pain feels like it doesn't really matter after this point and I overlook it until a point in time comes when everyone betrays me and I am able to realize that pain was real after all
>>
File: IMG_9458.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9458.png
208KB, 807x935px
>>37620993
>tfw too intelligent: the post
>>
>>37620787
I used to be motivated by love.
Some of the most productive periods in my life were inspired by love.
I lost 45 kg, got a job, bought a house, basically got my life together, for love.
It didn't really result in anything in that department, but it was good motivation.

I'm mostly motivated by hatred now.
It doesn't last as long and all it motivates me to do is pace up and down my house pretending to give speeches about how whatever I hate is destroying society.
>>
>>37620992
I've never been to a doctor about mental health or anything. I'm in the uk and I've heard the process is fucking longgg and I'm moving cities in a few months anyway. Dunno if there's any point at this stage.
>>
>>37620787
I have no friends never had sex hate life and constantly feel the darkness but I am sort of musical virtuoso because when I play I don't feel lonely when I play so I played guitar hours a day but I'm too autistic to make friends with it
>>
File: 1471640240480.png (110KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
1471640240480.png
110KB, 254x255px
My crush. A girl that likes me but would never be interested in me if I didn't lose weight,
>>
Money, and freedom. You need money to be free, and so I work towards FIRE.
>>
File: Pepe (0813).jpg (5KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe (0813).jpg
5KB, 165x115px
>>37621160
It's okay man. I believe in you and hope you do well :)
>>
>>37620972
Is this Florence?
>>
File: itsasekret.png (3KB, 209x242px) Image search: [Google]
itsasekret.png
3KB, 209x242px
>>37620787

>Love: the culturally manufactured need to service women with your life motivates you
>>
File: Correct.gif (24KB, 215x200px) Image search: [Google]
Correct.gif
24KB, 215x200px
>>37620993

Now you can think. Shadilay anon, shadilay.
>>
>>37621146
I'm in the US so idk, but it's worth a shot anon. If you feel you need it, the right pill can do wonders
>>
I do most things out of spite towards my ex gf
>>
Unironically I want to be a hero, to help people in need. Not the most traditional way to do that, but I'll be a game designer one day and make games that will help people overcome their problems and make them feel like they're not alone, like games in the past did for me.
>>
File: 1367790537043.jpg (57KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1367790537043.jpg
57KB, 680x510px
I have an inability to mentally picture a positive future. I can't conceptualize a path to the future in which my life improves. It's not that my life cannot improve or hasn't improved; I'm objectively doing much better now than I was five years ago. It's just that I can't imagine future scenarios that include me leading a better life in an improved world.

The army shrink told me this was a normal symptom of PTSD, and thinking back to some of the older guys in the battalion who had problems with this sort of thing it makes a lot of sense. Guys talking about 'prepping', and talking about how society is breaking down, that sort of stuff. They'd seen a lot of shit overseas and had their families collapse. Even though they were physically safe back home and their kids were with them and everyone was healthy, etc, they still could only picture apocalyptic shit all the time. Civil war, economic crashes, societal collapse, civilization descending into chaos.

I'm kind of in the same boat, maybe to a lesser extent. Maybe what motivates me on a subconscious level is maybe my better future is on the other side of this mythical apocalypse and if I get through it I'll be able to see it. On a logical level I know that the world is just going to go on ticking like normal until I die old a heart attack or old age or something. But I keep getting up in the morning because on another level I expect something terrible to happen that flips the tables over and changes everything instantly.
>>
File: 1496887836017.jpg (126KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496887836017.jpg
126KB, 960x640px
>>37620787
>love
Yeah? Explain further. That's a great motivation.

>>37620927
Feel ya on that, anon. Fucking go for it.

>>37620949
Another good response.

>>37621003
And this one.

>>37621621
Genuinely good shit.
You want the honest answer, for me? I want to fulfill my destiny and my life's meaning.

My mom destroyed herself bringing me into the world, and I want to be worthy of that sacrifice. I want to be as radiant as she was and earn it by multiplying that love a thousand times over instead of wasting that spark or letting it die having done nothing. I want to earn this shock of red hair.

I've also been shown tremendous love and generosity, and I want to multiply and propagate that. The best way I can honor it is by paying it forward. I want to do it for everybody who ever put their faith in me or helped me.

I'm a genius, and it would be wrong of me not to turn that to a worthy end. I don't want that nagging feeling that I should be doing more keeping me up at night, and I don't want what people invested into me upon seeing that promise to be for nothing.

My grandparents are fucking awesome, and so is my family. I want to be a worthy successor and to earn this name and this blood.

I've experienced beautiful things, and I want to protect those experiences. I want to protect laughter and music and joy and everything good and worthwhile, right down to the feeling of taking a really good shit. That means protecting life.

I've witnessed and held people as they died, and I've seen the grief that people experience upon having to bury their children.

I only draw breath, and people I love only draw breath, because there were amazing doctors around to perform miracles. I want other people to have the miracle of birth and the story of life in spite of everything, the way I have it. I want other people to have sisters and brothers and sons and daughters and cousins instead of heartbreak and grief.
>>
>>37620787
The only thing that's going good in my life is my career, and the only think that motivates me is retiring by my late 30s.
>>
>>37621588
That's very unhealthy, but it's honest. If spite's all that's keeping you going for now, that's way better than feeling nothing. Something has to get you out of bed.
>>
Materialism
I'm working on my vehicle license and slowly saving up for some sort of a meme car
My life plan ends after that, a gf would be nice but maybe that's too much
>>
>>37621411
>culturally
biologically
>>
File: sekretjew.jpg (1KB, 83x125px) Image search: [Google]
sekretjew.jpg
1KB, 83x125px
>>37621984

>Yes. It is biology that tells men to service women and let society become more feminized. Put down your guns lad and do all the dangerous work necessary to build a society. Your women will be safe.
>>
>>37620828
>risperdole

Have you grown tits yet?
>>
>>37620850
Couldn't have expressed it better.
As for an hero, it is reassuring to know that if it ever comes to that there is a wide range of people where I live who I would like to take with me
>>
I've tasted success and it feels too good to quit.
>>
>>37621410
Yes. I saw her live almost exactly one year ago while tripping on shrooms. I was at the front of the pit, only about 10 feet away from her, and it felt as if a goddess had descended from heaven before me. I knew that it wouldn't be realistic to actually make her my gf, but I decided to make myself someone she wouldn't find completely repulsive, so I started working out and lost 70 pounds, took up martial arts for exercise and confidence boost, and I finished school. Haven't found the career I want yet but I'm searching and interviewing in insurance and investments and have a few promising leads.

She is my guiding light man. She changed my life. This is the power of waifuism
>>
I just want to own a Mercedes amg s class or c class some day.

I like cars
>>
getting in excellent shape but denying almost any advance if one occur (probably wouldnt happen anyways due to shit personality.)
>>
File: 1497109858694.jpg (20KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497109858694.jpg
20KB, 217x320px
I *really* want to fuck a girl with big titties and a fat ass.
>>
>>37620787
If I'm to give an honest answer I think I'm mostly motivated by spite for being born, bitterness and a desire to feel superior to others. Those aren't very efficient motivations though so I mostly just sit around doing nothing
>>
>>37620787
sex drive and curiosity
>>
Sadness, loneliness and dread motivate me to create art.
>>
Curiosity, boredom, and annoyance that things could be better but aren't.

Also, shit self-esteem drives me to be better than everyone else at the things that are "mine" because otherwise I feel like I'm worse.
>>
>>37621751
same here is an abstract kind of feel.
>>
>>37620787
>What motivates you?
Hate.
>>
>>37620787
For me its unironically envy
>>
File: 1497098088252.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497098088252.gif
204KB, 500x375px
I do it all for a sascha, i got a really weired russian fetish, my final goal is to get a russian sascha

> i save up 10k
> already talking with guys from africa, wich are employed in the mining of rare earth minerals
> get trade line set up
> trying to smuggle from cameroon to ghana
>sell it

I am sitting right here in accra, and some of my guys where shot since they had to get some cheap laborers from sierra leone, but boko haram fucked them up... Nearly got 50k...

I hope if i am rich i get sascha.... I just want a sascha anons
>>
>Oneitis

I know it's shallow to be driven that way but I genuinely wanted to better myself, so that one day I would be the kind of guy she'd wanna be with.

It went for a good half a year then I didn't feel anything. stopped making myself better suddenly. only realized after a few months that I had gone back to my crappy self.
>>
>>37620787
Unironically, sadness.
I run at night so normies don't look at me, and I noticed that I perform a lot better when thinking sad things that happened to me or when I listen to sad music (example of what I mean with sad music https://youtu.be/Gi0pDMTx-jM).
Probably it's because I have felt sad for so long that I despise it and want to improve if I think about it.
>>
>>37620787
i look at instagram models like on tfmgirls or turn on fashion shows on my TV and i end up working out a lot harder. i've made a fuck load of progress this past year.

i'm motivated by fear to do more at work and make more money. my wife is obsessed with shopping and she doesn't work herself. i actually like my job but i'm a lazy person by nature.
>>
Hatred and revenge, desu. Hatred of my stupid self and weak self, so I desire to be better. Hatred of being poor and not having control, so I try to make money. Hatred of those people who wronged, this my desire to get revenge on them by any means necessary. I guess my goals are entirely negative, but I can only accomplish them via constructive methods. It's interesting, in a way.

>>37623994
Let's see that art, senpai.
>>
File: Ass and tiddy.jpg (13KB, 380x367px) Image search: [Google]
Ass and tiddy.jpg
13KB, 380x367px
I want to bring justice to the world
That sounds vague as fuck and that's because it is, I have no idea what to do, I just feel like I should be doing justice
>>
>>37626402
lawyer/cop?
>>
>>37626402
What does justice mean to you? Do you want to help people or punish evildoers?
>>
>>37627193
A bit of both to be honest
>>
I want to know the satisfaction of having a girlfriend who's so into you both physically and mentally that you're the only important thing in her life and then breaking her heart.
>>
>>37622852
I'm.a huge fan too !! Bruh this seemed like a v far fetched idea for you to do that but I'm very very glad someone was able to make I into someone better.
>>
File: 1374919296102.jpg (16KB, 293x208px) Image search: [Google]
1374919296102.jpg
16KB, 293x208px
>>37620972
>3d waifu

truIy distgusting, anon
>>
I wanna do sick skateboard tricks like tony hawk
>>
>>37622852
Good on you anon. I'm proud of you.
>>
I dont get matches on tonder maybe i am ugly
>>
>>37620787
Fear of failure. My needs are simple but the expectations I shoulder are great.
>>
>>37626338
>Let's see that art, senpai.
I've been working on this song these past few days.
https://clyp.it/t4td0xrp
>>
>>37620787
>what motivates me?
The intense almost compulsive desire to be liked by everyone and achieve success for no apparent reason other than being liked by others. It's as shallow as it gets. I don't really care about being loved, but I enjoy the feeling of being infatuated with. I want to be infatuated with.

Actual love is annoying, and I don't care very much for it
>>
>>37620787
>For me its unironically love.
same, but in conjunction with anger, self pity, disgust, and women.
>>
>>37628925
Is 18 too late to start
>>
>>37620787
pursuit of happiness
>>
>>37628837
What have your Chinese cartoons done for you?
>>
File: 1482286264135.jpg (62KB, 736x412px) Image search: [Google]
1482286264135.jpg
62KB, 736x412px
I want a family. I'm an only kid, and when family members start dying off I'm alone. When parents are gone I'm especially fucked. You know how when you're a kid you will sometimes see aunts/uncles/cousins at Christmas? I can't see myself really "getting" together with my cousins even if I do get a wife. I want a wife, and I want at least a few kids. I'm afraid I may pass on narcolepsy to the kids but who knows. Raising them will be fucking exhausting, but if done right it's the best investment in life.

Uncondinational love. The kind your grandparents, extended family to an extent (non pun intended), and parents give you. I want people to give it to, and people to get it from. I just don't want to die alone...you know? We're all just big kids, us humans. We fuck up, we hurt each other, we can be nasty little shits. But the connections we share can also be beautiful, and life changing.

I just want a family...
>>
Probably insecurity. Insecure people tend to be the most successful ones, they're the ones who still feel that they have to do more even if they make $1 million a year.
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 138x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 138x160px
>>37630860

Potatoes and barbecued fried shrimp
>>
>>37626114

Watch out for those nigerian scammers
>>
I don't think my life is terrible, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

I was a total autist in middle and high school. I never talked to a woman I was unrelated to until I was 18 years old, let alone held hands, kissed, or had a relationship.

Within two years of graduating, I'd lost my virginity and was in the middle of my first relationship.

Now, just over six years later, I've had two long-term relationships, a couple dozen hookups, and have traveled to about 35 countries and lived in two.

I've done a lot of things I wanted to do and worked hard to get them. However, I still need to graduate. I very desperately want to finish my degree and do something which I can respect myself for. I want to create something - anything, for now - of value, whether it's a business project or a publication.

I still have two semesters to go, and then I'll start applying for graduate programs.

I know I have a lot of room for improvement. I want to better myself academically, become more fit, and learn how to box and do jiu-jitsu. Over the last few months, I've taken a lot of steps to be the person I eventually want to be.

Not all the way there yet, but for the first time in a long time, I feel like it's all possible.
>>
I have pretty much no motivation to do anything. Nothing appeals to me enough to motivate me.
>>
>>37620787
I want to be known as the muscular yet strange dude.
>>
>>37629459
I feel fairly the same, I want to succeed in my life, and the measure I use for success is happiness, but also I am fiercely competitive, and I consider your job as being a very large indicator of your station in life. So naturally I want to make more money than all my friends make. Which luckily I do, at the moment.
>>
>>37620787
unironic love happens to motivate me as well. really, it's the only thing motivating me to do anything. maybe it's unhealthy but everything i do is done out of my love for her. so we can be happy one day, have a family and take care of each other and watch the kids grow. it's the only future that i have and i'm not even mad about it
>>
>>37620787
I'm in love with a 16 year old Japanese idol. I am doing everything I can right now so that I can work in the Japanese music industry and make her my wifi.

This is my life now, and I'm perfectly fine with it.

Other than that, I did a bunch of a drugs and came to the epiphany that life is just a movie/simulation. So it may as well be worth watching, my life should be something that would make me go "hey this is pretty cool"
>>
File: Capture+_2017-03-15-22-16-20.png (826KB, 710x705px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-15-22-16-20.png
826KB, 710x705px
I feel as though I am motivated almost entirely by self hatred. Sometimes it gets too overwhelming and I slow down, but I can't bring myself to stop per se.

What I really think is how I behave and how I feel about things and how much I hate how I behave and feel about things. I would kill myself, but it's both against my religion and would make my mother cry, so I have to settle for killing myself existentially.

Maybe then I could stop. Maybe then someone would love me.
>>
File: 1462940219367.png (279KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
1462940219367.png
279KB, 540x538px
>>37628289
>and then breaking her heart.
>>
I've spent years in various mental hospitals. All I can manage to do is sit on the PC all day. I just cleaned part of my disgusting trash dump of a room and it took lot sof effort and my back hurts. I did it so my mom would let me buy a 6 pack of cider. Alcohol are my tendies.
>>
>>37620787
Revenge.

I've had a couple of relationships over the last few years end, even though I wanted them to continue. I keep working to make Me a better Me to prove them wrong for leaving.
>>
>>37620787
Ironically my parents. I don't really have anything going for me but I hate to see them looking sad and disappointed because of me.
>>
Not being a disappointment to people and being just as good as anyone else. I'm not as good as anybody at all but whatever it's worth a try I guess.
>>
File: inspection.png (258KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
inspection.png
258KB, 600x638px
Self improvement and nothing else.

People are shit and get nothing from me. I have embraced being antisocial.
>>
>>37631703
what use is skill when you have no one to share it with?
>>
File: 1496003085232.jpg (31KB, 194x215px) Image search: [Google]
1496003085232.jpg
31KB, 194x215px
>>37620787
I gain confidence/motivation in the miserable people who whine about their dick or body size on this board.

It's kind of like an Edward Norton in Fight Club kind of thing.
>>
File: 1368394335793.jpg (104KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1368394335793.jpg
104KB, 633x758px
Nothing. I have no motivation.

Kill me.
>>
File: 1459799612824.jpg (6KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1459799612824.jpg
6KB, 238x192px
>>37620787
At this point if I fail it will tear apart my family and I'll have to join the military.
>>
>>37621823
Not OP, but the whole love thing, at least for me, is so I make myself worthy. I feel if I am to ever fall in love with someone, I should be worth their love and loyalty.
>>
File: heavy-smile.jpg (62KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
heavy-smile.jpg
62KB, 256x256px
>>37626114
It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon...for twelve seconds
>>
File: 1479854081519.gif (1MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1479854081519.gif
1MB, 500x374px
>>37620787
The little piece of hope that has never died and resides inside me.
The only way to kill that hope is to kill the person that has that little piece with him until the end of days.
>>
>>37620787
My hate for living and my hate for this world is what drives me. Every time I check the news I am disgusted by everything I see. More terrorist attacks, more government hypocrisy, more government over sight, more hedonism, and more sorrow so I've purposefully chosen to ignore it all and only focus on the things that matter to better myself so I can get away from everything as best I can. I want to get as much money as I can so I can run away from myself.
>>
>>37620787
>love

I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage.
>>
Literally right now the only thing that keeps me alive is the fear of dying. I feel like im alive only because im afraid of dying or killing myself.
>>
File: chairman.png (207KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
chairman.png
207KB, 516x440px
>>37620787
that ass motivates me

originally
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.