[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I defeat my solipsism? I look at other people and can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1489046075853.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
1489046075853.png
29KB, 741x568px
How do I defeat my solipsism? I look at other people and can't help but feel I am more sentient.

>Solipsism from Latin solus, meaning 'alone', and ipse, meaning 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. As a metaphysical position, solipsism goes further to the conclusion that the world and other minds do not exist.
>>
>>37618311
but how can you be certain your mind exists?
>>
>>37618359
I can't, and it's a stupid way of thinking [le sheeple], but the feeling is still there. I want to connect more to others but they seem like drones.

>tfw am angsty teenager at 24
>>
>>37618379
why do you say they seem like drones? have you ever tried to connect to others? maybe to them you seem like the unrelatable drone
>>
>>37618392
Most people seem to only care about their work and personal relationships and nothing beyond that. I hate talking like this because it makes me sound like I think I'm a unique snowflake and so smart but I know that's not true.

> maybe to them you seem like the unrelatable drone

probably
>>
>>37618405
what would be a subject you could talk to them about?
>>
File: 1478315513476.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1478315513476.png
332KB, 554x584px
probably helps to have extended interaction and conversation with intelligent folk, taking into account how much more there is to them than you can observe on the surface. take into account all of the things that you don't share with most folk (maybe like this thread) and realize that plenty of people have tons that they keep to themselves. maybe shit that would shock you or impress you.

funnily enough, I suppose I have a similar mindset but instead of a superiority complex involving only myself, I have one encompassing myself and a fair number of people I have met that I consider to be of high quality

i have also been very fortunate to encounter these people.

fnord
>>
>>37618420
I like history, science, books, movies, but I also like talking random crap. It's just that with people I never get beyond the random crap.
>>
>>37618311
It's true that so many people look like robots. All they do is scripted. They sound and act robotic. It's all a complex system of cues and responses. The most amazing thing is that they probably think the same about me.
>>
File: 1494069613634.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1494069613634.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>37618311
Have a near death experience.
>Be me
>Trip to Maryland
>Closest friend is only friend
>His step father takes us to this island
>Fucking horses everywhere
>Forgotnameofisland.jpeg
>swimming on beach with friend
>Suddenly, friend getting dragged to sea
>push him to shore
>be me not knowing what a rip tide is like a fucking retard
>see kid farther out
>go to "rescue" him
>dad comes to get him too
>We all attempt to swim back
>ofuck.gif
>I can swim, but I've never experienced this
>8ft waves start crashing around me
>inb4 her conscious calls, guilty to come home for those bfmvfags
>Can't really feel the bottom anymore
>no lifeguards
>I keep trying to swim directly back but I get dragged back into the sea by the immense force of the pull
>wow, I'm gonna fucking die
>breathing gets desperate
>tiring quickly
>Suddenly, surfer Moses appears
>"Yo brah, you need help?"
>Without expelling too much oxygen, I yell out "Yeah!"
>He parts the sea
>Darts to me like he was born to do this
>grabs me by my index and middle finger
>"hold on brah"
>You ever see the spongebob movie where David Hasselhoff practically motors his body through the water to take spongebob back to bikini bottom? That was nothing.
>kicks off my knee
>jets through the water in two mighty kicks reminiscent of Poseidon himself
>We get to shore
> I feel floor
>Friend, his bro, mom, and stepfather thank Moses for his heavenly gift
>Asks how he was capable of that
>mfw he responds "You can't drown a shark"

W W W E W W W LAD, since then I stopped thinking I was hyper sentient and born to be the most important man in existence, chosen by God. I also signed up for a gym and I'm training to be a SEAL. Met my first SEAL yesterday, matched my physique too so I'm much more confident now.
>>
bemppppieia
>>
>>37618911
Thanks for sharing anon

origanuuu
>>
>>37618911
For any anons reading this while drowning without a surfer Moses around to help them: Swim parallel to the beach until you're out of the rip tide, then swim to the beach.
>>
>>37618311
I'm wondering the same thing. Being an INTJ makes it all the more difficult.

To me, proving if someone else is as sentient as me is like proving if god exists. I will never know the answer because it seems like a paradox.

I will always feel like the main character and others are the NPCs of my life, because only I know what is being thought of and what is being seen and heard as it is from my perspective, and my perspective only.
>>
>>37619595
thank

fdsjfsjfsj
>>
>>37618311
There's no reason to "beat it". Whether "other people" are automation, simulation, or just mindless drones; there's still a level of causality that determines their behavior.

What matters is that they are acting like they are "other people". What they actually are is irrelevant, if you know the constraints they are operating within.

It's as simple as this:
>"If I hit this automation in the face, it will likely become loud and try to hit me as well."
"For this reason, I won't hit in in the face."

That gives you enough information to handle them.
>>
desu I'm not even the same person I was seven years ago and cannot relate to that person anymore
>>
>>37620531
thats because "you" dont even exist m8. personality is an illusion. Nah, its a concept. A bad one at that. Its everchanging.
>>
>>37620531
your body completely changed cells every seven years iirc
>>
File: 1495216170124.jpg (58KB, 337x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495216170124.jpg
58KB, 337x600px
>>37620585
But what do I do with this information?

To become successful I need to have an ego and stand out, however to become zen with the world and "live", I need to find some kind of ego death or peace with being nothing.
>>
>>37620718
lol le successfulle meme

its a meme. a literal meme. Its materialism.
There is no way back once you realized this.
>>
>>37618311
why was this thread on /x/ and now here
fuck off
>>
>>37621028
Less sentient person detected
>>
>>37620781
Maybe, but I'm afraid to find out when I'm old that it wasn't a meme at all
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.