[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AOE2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Pikeman2.jpg (4KB, 92x119px)
Pikeman2.jpg
4KB, 92x119px
Who else /pikeman/ zergrush here?

>cheap
>no gold needed
>good if in a big group
>way more fun to command

well /r9k/?
>>
>>37617073
Dude pikeman rush is total desperation, at that point you should just use the wood for farms and build light calvalry. use the wood for skirmishers. Some pikes are good for zerg rush if you wanna send in a 2 or 3 battering rams but a group of skirmishers is better for a seige to shut down their production
>>
>>37617256
like a group of pikes with a few rams might take out a town center that's like 600 wood but the resources you lost to do it just isnt even worth the effort if they hit imp age and can build a new one, and by that time there is no way you're wasting your resources on pikes they'd get beat off too easy
>>
>>37617073
man i played this game for few hundreds of hours when i was like 7, eventually i bought the hd edition too but always got dumpstered in online matches

i guess that learning micro and even better map awareness would help me in dota but this game is pretty hard
>>
>>37617342
Online is bullshit people were using cheat codes. Those games were never on the level. There are a lot of them I got wrecked without people cheating but online games are just full of that crap why do they even bother making multiplayer games when it's all fucking crooked?
>>
>>37617373
i don't think that people against me cheated at any point, i was just pretty bad desu

i didn't even know it's possible to casually cheat in online play
>>
>>37617073
>Not zergrushing with Huskarls as Goths
>>
>>37617395
yeah dude cheesesteakjimmy ilovethemonkeyhead you just type that shit into chat, you could disable it like it was an option but people will still find other cheats. it was dumb as fuck i'd end up just going and playing alone for endless hours in an offline random modes and try to spend time building a cool looking civ/map and not get whiped out while doing it which would be kind of challenging
>>
here's a fairly chill discord, the main one im in
/b45Gf7R
i play aoe2 a shit ton, im a medium-level player, and i'd like to play with some fellow R9K peeps :) , i enjoy diplomacy very much, but willing to play normal stuff too, i'll be in the discord under "dormin"

i really would love to play aoe2 with fellow robots :(
>>
>>37617073
What is AOE2? Is it a new dank map for StarCraft 2? Is it popular? Where can I get it?
>>
>>37617073
Pikemen are useless without being part of a mixed unit, even then all they do is die.
>>
Games with my family usually ended in mass pikeman as we all ran out of gold.
>>
>>37618490

Yous know nothing of strategy!
>>
Empire Earth > Age of Empires
>>
>>37618791
>being this much of a edgy faggot

Please reflect on what you said
>>
>>37617424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ1t5w6hWl0

Any Viper fans here?
>>
I always cheat resorces and play vs bots only. Build huge defense and never leave town. I probably spend like 5000 hours on rts games already. Also age of mythology > aoe 2. I started editing campaigns to be playable in coop latetly but aoe 2 is a bitch to edit. Mfw to autistic and will never beat aom on titan with budds because i dont have any.
>>
>>37619324
wanna play? like aom a lot
>>
>>37618481
They are only made for countering calvary. But yeah mixed unit they are there as a cheap resource use unit to be a damage sponge hoping the expensive units don't get slaughtered.
>>
>>37619388
or if you play byzantines full trash
>>
>>37618955
Huskarls actually do have the advantage against Teutonic Knights due to being cheap as dirt relatively, much faster and much more spammable. There's pretty much no way to beat a Goths player once they reach Imperial.
>>
Im pirate and my ips is blocking shit like gameranger so i cant even play online. It may be my router fault but im to braindead to fix. Also i only made like 10 maps working in aom and there is a lot of broken triggers. Some day !
>>
>>37619494
>Archers
Huskarls laugh at you

>Infantry
Goths get it cheaper and produce it faster

>Cavalry
Just mix in some halberds with the tide of Huskarls
>>
>>37618791
These threads are good for weeding out normies like you.
>>
AOE2 was the best

I really liked Rise of Nations too. Conquer the World was addicting as fuck
>>
>>37619494
yeah there is
goths lack last armor upgrade so their halbs are weak af
palas can easily shread goths
you should watch competitive more often

also, teutonic knighs arent really viable anyway
>>
File: 1496651230952.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1496651230952.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>37619620
there's still a competetive scene in aoe2?
>>
>>37619494
Nope, Teutonic Knight is only ~50% more expensive than a Huskarl and easily slaughters 2+ Huskarls each. There is no situation in which Huskarls win against Teutonic Knights with equal resources.

>>37619620
Paladins are not viable at all vs Goths, their Halberds still do huge amounts of damage vs them, and Goth Champs are actually cheap enough that even they can win cost-effectively vs Paladins.

On top of that, if you've let the game drag on long enough that you're in post-Imperial vs Goths, either you've already lost or the skill disparity between you and your opponent was so great that you'd win no matter what you did.
>>
>>37619643
lol yeah its quite huge actually
https://escape.gg

twitch/escapeaoe
twitch/tyrant_theviper
twitch/mblaoc
twitch/tyrant_daut_

And a lot more
There's allstars league every sunday on escape
>>
>>37619677
>Halberds still do huge amounts of damage vs them
no
watch some competitive, you dont seem to know the game very well
>>
>>37619685
thanks man, i'll definitely check them out

it's kinda demotivating to play dead games, if dota wasn't this widely played i'd probably stopped to play it by now

this post just sparked me up a little to give aoe2 a try again and git gud
>>
>>37619697
Goth halbs do 37 damage per hit to Paladins with max upgrades, that kills Frankish Paladins (ie the best in the game) in 6 hits, all other fully upgraded Paladins in 5. Two Goth halbs are enough to kill any Paladin in the game while costing less food, no gold, and having a shorter creation time.

The reason they don't see use at higher levels is because they lack the mobility to be effective counters to a player who actually has decent control, not because they lack damage output.
>>
>>37619732
exactly
so they counter goths who dont even have palas or camels
>>
>>37619725
also check out some discord channels if youre into it, there are some active ones

nvRPE7p
S7zYETn
>>
I almost never would attack with just pikeman. sometimes I make a few early if my opponent is trying to knight rush in online matches.

In general my friend and I always call the end game with no gold "spam of the shit" because you are just spamming pikeman and skirmisher which use 0 gold. But Pikeman is such a shit unit against anything but horses and a few others such as war wagons/elephants/etc.
>>
>>37619754
i've joined both of them, i suppose i'll lurk for a while and get into the game basics before joining in the conversation

thanks again
>>
>>37619742
I guarantee you don't play at the level of TheViper anon, and if you did you wouldn't be playing serious competitive games until Paladin upgrades were actually being researched the vast majority of the time. Even if you are, then the game has progressed well beyond the point that tight control of small groups of units is more crucial than simple efficient trades. There is no situation in a 1v1 where the huge investment into Paladins is a good idea vs Goths, and no situation where investment into the Knight line is any more powerful vs Goths than anyone else since Goths have fully upgradable Knights and the option of a dirt cheap Pike line vs lower level players.
>>
>>37619823
1v1 usually dont go to the lategame point
in teamgames you will have palas for sure if you have the option
>>
>>37617432
Dude just admit you were shit.
>>
>>37619854
Nice bait newfag, you kids born in the 90's don't remember what it was like playing that game back in the day on dialup. Jesus fucking christ I'm so fucking sick of you retards that insist nobody is cheating in online games when it's full of cheaters.
>>
>>37619927
it was a normie game back in the day, only autists play it online now, you can't compare eras and say people are definitely cheating now
>>
>>37620049
I don't even play and I can guarantee you people cheat. All online gaming is full of cheating, it's a fact. I simply don't waste my money on online games anymore. Only blatant cheaters get banned, maybe, after a long ass time. I mean if their life is so shit they might as well just sit there cheating anyway while I go do something else. You're really ignorant if you don't think a lot of people are not on the level cheating at video games, it's like saying pro atheletes don't use steroids
>>
>>37620244
You sound like the type of faggot that calls everyone that's better than him a cheater. Pathetic.
>>
>>37620269
lol ignorant clod
go ahead and keep supporting cheaters. It just drove people like me out of the market, and I'm fine with letting other people in on it. Try looking on youtube for cheats of games you play and you'll start to see a whole lot of stuff that happens quite often. The really sad part of it is in a lot of these games cheaters are trying to look really hard like not being cheaters making for some incredibly boring game play. Enjoy your boring games if you can, I'm way happier not playing and just sticking with single player stuff.
>>
>not AOM

cuck
>>
I just liked building cities. I would crush my enemies only to build in their ruins. I was a mostly merciful ruler, but occassional I would resort to treachery by building an army in my allies city and then turning on them.
>>
>>37617073
>>37621373
>not Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader

doublecuck
>>
>>37617073
pikes+elite skrims are the best!
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 450x145px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 450x145px
>>37621452
>implying

i play sandbox/build mode while drinking beer, comfy
>>
File: 1496544516899.jpg (208KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
1496544516899.jpg
208KB, 1000x707px
>>37621514
That's the Extreme version though, so factually you're incorrect.
>>
>>37621544
are you callin me a liar
>>
File: Untitled.png (247KB, 601x341px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
247KB, 601x341px
>>37621544
take a seat nigga
>>
>>37618955
Viper is really good
>>
>>37621852
>>37618955
Viper is a noob, clearly!
>>
>>37621544
The extreme version blows anyway don't know why they made it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.