[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone constantly go out of their way to limit themselves?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 4FW3HO3.jpg (90KB, 500x679px) Image search: [Google]
4FW3HO3.jpg
90KB, 500x679px
This board is filled with people that feel "inadequate" with their whole montra in life feeling like they're just not good enough

Does anybody else constantly go out of their way to tone it down? Like with everything?

I constantly feel like I need to explicitly go out of my way to act like I'm worse, incapable and confused by things. It's not what normies do. Are they doing it for a reason? I sometimes kind of get weird looks when I tell people what I'm interested in

I say this with zero pretension or humblebragging. One of my most troubling issues is whether and how much I should go out of my way to make myself worse at something
>>
>>37614498
Somewhat. I've tried to practice personal restraint all my life, and think too much knowledge/understanding is a bad thing after severe and crippling existential depression.
>>
>>37614498
You mean like hiding your power level?

To be fair, it can be a bit off putting to be displaying your vast knowledge of quantum physics when people are just trying to have a casual conversation. You want to be somewhat modest as well.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're talking about though
>>
>>37614571
Kind of, but it's less straightforward than that. I "get it" and am capable on a level way above the head of most normies

When I do things someone trying to imitate it just looks like a pale imitation. I don't really feel like it's to the point of being genuinely weird (despite this being around me my whole life) so much as just not feeling comfortable by it

Normal people don't do this shit.
>>
>>37614498
Oh, I'm actually pretty stupid, I suck at talking to people, I don't really want anything out of life, my major is pretty mediocre compared to yours, etc.

I love it when people fall for it and treat me like shit. Only the really stupid people fall for my act, everyone else is usually confused and mildly annoyed when they finally figure out how successful I am.

Because projection is a real thing, I'm starting to think the reason I shit on myself is because of my hatred of people. I really hate interacting with people.
>>
>>37614644
What kind's of things do you have to "tone down"? I'm having trouble understanding what you mean exactly. Maybe you could give me an example from your life?
>>
>>37614708
>I love it when people fall for it and treat me like shit. Only the really stupid people fall for my act, everyone else is usually confused and mildly annoyed when they finally figure out how successful I am.
Yeah, that there's a beautiful piece of justice. The kind people explicitly go out of their way to create for themselves.
>>
>>37614498
Do you mean stuff like pretending to forget dates, or what someone told you, so you don't come off as creepy or weird for remembering such insignificant information?
>>
>>37615696
Fuck not OP but you nailed me
>>
>>37614816
I was having lunch with my aunt the other day.

She knows I do "graphic design" (it's a lot more complicated than that) and she mentioned she knew that the skate clothing store down the street needed a rebrand.

We went in and talked briefly and I gave the best justification I could. They said yeah sure and I sent them an e-mail a week later with what the website looked like.

They were thrilled and slapped me on the back and said they'd hire me.

I've never skateboarded in my life. I don't know anything about the art, what appeals to people about it or the kind of culture behind the people that do it for a living. Within the span of a week I basically waltzed in, emulated what it looked like and the people said it was better than anything else they'd ever come across

I only kind of sort of tried. I made it while watching Exit Thru the Gift Shop and then got bored and watched some rando cooking show and it was basically done.

This is my life. I couldn't have a normal aptitude if I tried, but it reaches level of absurdity where I'm basically able to analyze how to approach siduations effectively and efficiently and basically just throw people a line as I'm walking along through life.

I say this with zero pretension. I can't tell you how much I wish I could be a normo pedestrian wrestling with their own insecurities.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.