[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /above average looking but still socially retarded/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: boy-future-husband.jpg (58KB, 610x601px) Image search: [Google]
boy-future-husband.jpg
58KB, 610x601px
Greetings robots of the site 4chan, I come to share data on a topic. Specifically, has anyone else been a robot in mindset and goals their whole life but recently taken on the outward appearance of a normie/lesser chad?

My look was typical /r9k/ for the first 21 or so years of my life: slightly too large graphic or brightly colored t-shirts, regular fit light jeans, black New Balance running shoes, long unwashed hair, and neckbeard. I realized however that this would be a problem when attempting to communicate with the masses and would probably hurt my efforts in seeking employment, social relations and so forth. So I tried dressing more "normie" with slimmer jeans, sneakers and the like. Hated it at first and still do to a degree. Still couldn't extract anything purposeful from conversation with normies, but I at least was drawing less attention to myself in my college classes.

Anyway, long story short, I fell deeply in love with a girl who sat next to me but probably was repulsed by me, so I set out to improve my appearance to normies. Got a fade haircut styled in front, did a bit of research on male fashion, starting doing strength training, etc, and now somewhat pass outwardly as a normie. At family gatherings and functions (only social events I ever go to), I started noticing looks from pretty girls that weren't those of repulsion, but what appeared to be attraction.
>>
>>37614434

At a wedding a few months ago, several older-but-still-youngish female relatives (~30s) complimented my looks, and I noticed this very attractive blonde girl looking at me periodically. At some point she came up and introduced herself to me. "Hey, such and such was telling me about you, you really do computer shit?" I'm not an expert at reading people, but everything I was taking from her expression, speaking tone, cadence, etc, was that of attraction. She was smiling and her manner of speech was that of heightened interest, with a hint of playful teasing underneath.

I told her the specifics of what I was studying, what electronic projects I was currently working on in my classes, and the nature of the coding I sometimes have to do. I knew there was a better way to answer that question, but didn't know what it was. The second I started explaining, I could tell the initial attraction was lost. I asked her what she did, she told me she worked as a secretary at a financial firm, and after some more mundane chat some friends of hers came by and she went off with them. I'm now aware that this was likely what is called a "shit test" of my social prowess and expertise that I failed.

Since that encounter I've had a few similar ones, where a girl looks interested in and receptive to me, even treating me like she would a normal person but after a bit of conversation realizes I'm very abnormal. My sister had a friend whom I hadn't seen in about 5 years, who saw me as an outcast and mocked with my sister. When I saw her recently we began talking and she genuinely acted as if I was an old friend who she was pleased to see. She started talking about her weekend and what plans she had, what shows she was going to see and so on. I had little to say back but the whole experience was fascinating, she didn't seem to lose interest until a long time had passed and she realized I had never gone to a concert or club in my life.
>>
>>37614440

Until recently I've never tried to study normie psychology and what drives them; now they treat me like one of their own until I open my mouth long enough to reveal my true nature. Perhaps if I study them long enough in the field I can mimic their responses to a high enough degree where I am asked to join in social events. Less likely still, I may be able to secure a mate.

Any robots or cyborgs in my position?
>>
>>37614444
>mimic the normies
Dudes that's literally all ya need to do 90% of the time.

Another good idea is to slowly phase out this over-intellectualizing thing you've got going on, at least knock it off for large social settings/save it for one-on-one interactions. Better yet is to make friends with funny people to improve your sense of humour. THEN you'll improve with the ladies, eventually.
>>
>>37614434
i used to be a chad but i started internalizing redpill, altright, /pol/, and /r9k/. i became more nihilistic, depressed, stopped going out, stopped giving a shit, now i sit at home and browse r9k. i don't know really know what to do anymore
>>
>>37614683
>Another good idea is to slowly phase out this over-intellectualizing thing you've got going on
Well, I assume that in order to pass successfully then conversing should be second nature. The problem is, I don't understand what drives normies to discuss the topics they do at all. I need to have some framework to go off of, social relations seem foreign to me although I enjoy connecting with and understanding other people, as rare as it is.

>at least knock it off for large social settings/save it for one-on-one interactions
I've always preferred solo interactions as they are easy to study and the most rewarding, I have little success in group interactions. Group psychology and relations are especially outside of my preference and expertise.

>Better yet is to make friends with funny people to improve your sense of humour.
I'm trying to do this currently with some guys in my classes, I do feel like getting more experience with comedy helps conversational improvisation.
>>
>>37614434
>>37614440
My face is decent and i can look somewhat attractive if i have a haircut and squint a little bit, but i'm too anxious and awkward to score. Plus i genuinely dislike people, so making a connection is even harder.
>>
File: 1493632067749.gif (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493632067749.gif
10KB, 267x200px
>>37615320
Forgot to say that girls look at me regularly, they even turn their heads when i walk past, back in high school many girls wanted to hold my hand and kiss me, but i always declined because of anxiety and fear of not knowing how to kiss.

Anxiety can really bury you permanently.
>>
Notice how no one who posts these threads posts their pics
>>
>>37615395
Just to have my pictures posted on Lookism like it happened last time? No thanks.
>>
>>37615320
>Plus i genuinely dislike people
Never liked a person?
>>37615379
>Forgot to say that girls look at me regularly, they even turn their heads when i walk past, back in high school many girls wanted to hold my hand and kiss me, but i always declined because of anxiety and fear of not knowing how to kiss.
Yeah, that's probably what will happen to me if my experiment is successful.

>>37615395
Sorry but I'm not going to link my face to /r9k/ permanently.
>>
>>37614434
Wouldn't say I'm too socially retarded, I'm not a complete sperg and if I get enough time I can typically get at least some people on my side in some way shape or form. My achilles heel seems to be I can't keep personal relationships if my life depended on it, because I'm just not too interested in them. Cleaned the rest of the acne off of my face and my mug isn't repulsive, I'm just not the intimate relationship type of guy. That or my ever so wonderful personality shines through and people either stay away or stick with me so I don't roast the life out of them. Now I'm mainly focused on 4 things: my career, my cat, expanding my wealth, and counter strike. Occasionally I'll go out with some acquaintances, but that's only if it's at a restaurant or something.
>>
I know this feel. I'm actually pretty good looking but I'm a schizo and in HS most people were scared of me or I isolated myself by thinking they were. Some girl asked me to help her excise a ghost from her house once cuz I "seemed like someone who would know how". Was not the best feeling in the world once I realized what that meant in regards to my public image although it felt kinda cool at first.
>>
>>37615746
>Some girl asked me to help her excise a ghost from her house once cuz I "seemed like someone who would know how".
Was she being serious? Yeah, that would get to me too.
>>
>>37615565
>Never liked a person?

I live in a ghetto where 99% of the males are dudebros and 99% of the girls are ghetto girls, so it's hard to connect with this kind of people.
>>
File: newmanbeard.jpg (82KB, 406x500px) Image search: [Google]
newmanbeard.jpg
82KB, 406x500px
>>37614434
>Who /above average looking but still socially retarded/ here?

its not that I'm socially retarded, is just that I'm not a social animal.
I hate all the normie shit. I can fake it pretty well, and I think I can kinda grow to enjoy it.

but anyways, the awkward, introverted and handsome combo gets the qts to notice you, then 'tism kicks in and shit goes down fast.

pic related me
>>
>>37614434
YOU FAILED NORMALFAG RETARDS ARE THE WORST ON THIS BOARD
LITTERALY JUST WALK INTO A BAR AND LET PUSSY FLY AT YOU
GOD DAMN I HATE YOU SO MUCH
YOU WOULD HAVE TO FIGHT WOMEN OFF YOUR DICK IN ORDER TO FAIL
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.